What do you collect (hobbies)?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

RexBudler

Wonder Dog
Forum Member
Dec 6, 2003
Irvine, California
treyburn said:
My Grandmother collected matchbooks. When she died I inherited her collection. There are some really great covers. Most of the old hotels of Vegas in the 60's plus several from places in Europe and most US states.
weird...when my grandmother died I got thousands of old matchbooks from her from all over the world. She traveled alot. Its fun to go through them and check out all the places

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

boilermaker

Bud Man
Forum Member
Feb 7, 2001
Marion ,Indiana
Empty Budweiser cans. Of course I only collect them till the trash man comes on tuesdays. Man if I had saved all them cans over the years I would have a hellava lot of them. :scared

Phenom

STRONG.
Forum Member
May 24, 2001
The Upstate
hguinness01 said:
I collect shot glasses.. Only state I lack is Alaska!

I used to, but ran out of places to put them so they are all boxed up, got an Alaska one from a cruise my parents went on years ago.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

THE HITMAN

Forum Member
Dec 18, 2001
HOLLYWOOD, FL
My favorite is records, mostly from the 50's & 60's. I have more LP's (you know, the big black circles with the little holes) and 45's (you know, the little black circles with the big holes) than the board has losing betting slips. They fill up 1/2 of my office easily. My specialty and favorites are original Surf & Hot Rod pieces.

Also have a few hundred different beer cans from the 60's & 70's.

Old Guitars & Amps, but they take up too much space, so I just unloaded a few pieces, including a Fender Strat...... '63 Lake Placid Blue. Hated to let it go, it was so pretty, but I got good cash for it along with two pre-65 blackface Fender Amps.

1:18 & 1:24 model replica cars, mostly Corvettes.

Got a hundred or so sealed boxes of sports cards, but don't really consider myself a collector. I've recently been donating a box or two per request to the local Boy Scout Troop for their auctions.

Have 20 or so autographed baseballs. I've got Billy Martin, wondering if it would be wise to get George Steinbrenner on the other side of it.

Some older Playboys, complete from about 1960 to 1980 or so.

And, like 1837, I have some coins put away in the bank vault.

It's pretty hard to get me bored......all of the above fill up a lotta spare hours

Hokie Fan

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2003
I have over 35 different football helmets (life size)
500 mini helmets
200+ plastic baseball helmets (lifesize in a 6+ foot pyramid)
I have framed ticket stubs from every sporting event and concert I have ever been too...
Always looking for more helmets if anyone has some