MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
I'm using safari and can't get scroll bars to maneuver up and down. Help!
On your phone? I can't imagine, nobody else has mentioned that. Try Chrome.

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
I'm using safari and can't get scroll bars to maneuver up and down. Help!

Dog lover is correct, if you have Safari (I am using Safari version 14.1.2) when you go to forums, the scroll bars vanish thus and you can't move "up and down", unless you use the arrow keys.

The scroll bars do exist when you are here:

But once you go here, the scroll bars vanish:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
Seems that's a known problem with Safari and no fix. They say it doesn't happen all the time so difficult to troubleshoot.

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
Seems that's a known problem with Safari and no fix. They say it doesn't happen all the time so difficult to troubleshoot.

Well there ya go. I guess that would make it difficult to troubleshoot.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
Of course it NEVER happens to the techs.

That seems to always be the case.

And for what it is worth.......Apple had an issue with Safari "losing the scroll bars" about 3 years ago, it was a glitch that would show up on some webpages. "Apple Techs" obviously fixed that glitch years ago.

So when the "Madjack Techs" say "Seems that's a known problem with Safari and no fix", that was true 3 years ago, so yeah they could say that then. But now you can't say that. The "Madjack Techs", should be able to fix this, after all the scroll bar is working fine on some of the Madjack Website, just not in the Forums, so they can't say the entire Website is screwed up.

And yes I know Jack doesn't have his very own "tech team", but I thought it sounded cool to say the words "Madjack Techs":smilies1

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
I have a newer version of safari: 15.6.1
You're right Kick, the scroll bars don't exist in the forums selection.

I just tried another version of Safari and same thing happened. I guess no matter what version you have, the scroll bars will vanish. But Safari is weird, two days from now the scroll bars could show up, who knows?

In the meantime I'd suggest using Madjacks on a different web browser, that should do the trick.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg