Who are the most overrated players in college ball?

MrBubbles

Forum Member
Nov 21, 2004
Hawaii
We all know a lot of people want to say J.J. Redick, and while I agree he is overrated, I think most of that overrated-ness comes from Vitale only. He is a good player, just not the second coming of the lord like Vitale makes him out to be.

My vote goes for Gerry McNamara. Sure the guy can shoot the three pretty well and occasionally drain the floater in the lane, but I haven't seen a player take more bad shots than this guy. Especially late in games. He will fire it up from anywhere on the floor at any time, for no apparent reason. He is the J.J. Redick of the Big East.

lenniethelock

Forum Member
Oct 24, 2002
ohio
hard to say g mac when he was huge in the cuse s nat champ run 2 years ago.like 7 treys in champ game or something like that.for the past few years has been one of the 2 players they rely on to get it done late in games.co leader of nat champ seen makes him exemp from that imo. but for overated i ll say k.langford and a miles

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Pujo21

Registered
Forum Member
May 14, 2002
Does Jason White play hoops? :mj07:

Reddick, Vitale makes him out to be Maravich. Vitale is always on The ACC's pipe.

I think dickie boy hide behind beams in their lockerrooms... :mj07:

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Everytime I see Indiana, Bracey Wright has an off night. Whether he's overrated or I just happened to see him at his worst I don't know - but there's definitely a lot of hype around him with marginal results.

barry_virus

Forum Member
Feb 28, 2005
Rashad McCants
Francisco Garcia
McNamara been hurt a lot this year so ...
Bracey Wright
Anyone on Michigan State

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

soul train

Go Mets!
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2005
barry_virus said:
Rashad McCants
Francisco Garcia
McNamara been hurt a lot this year so ...
Bracey Wright
Anyone on Michigan State
I WOULD TAKE GARCIA OFF THAT LIST,SOLID COLLEGE PLAYER 15 PPG,5 BOARDS,4 ASSISTS,DOWNFALL IS GETS IN FOUL TROUBLE,VERY GOOD PLAYER AT NEXT LEVEL.

C-A-T-S

Forum Member
Mar 5, 2004
Ky
Garcia - O'Bannon carries them half the time.
Hodge - NC St. - disappears when they need him.
Chuck Hayes - No doubt he plays hard and seems to be playing good again but he was missing in action for 2 months this year. Half of his rebounds come from his own missed layups.

bryanz

Forum Member
Aug 8, 2001
Syracuse ny, usa
yea thats it , gerry is overrated, he is the lone shooter on a team that hasn't lost to a unranked team all year. forget g-mac ,throw in the big east, yea thats it , the big east is overrated. buy back all your prop bets that dont have a team from the east as champs, lets throw in the pac 10, yea thats it the pac ten is overrated,not just b-ball but f-ball, I don't care who won the national championship. me to ,i am overrated & dicky v is to, the only thing that isn't overrated is my moms cooking and the guy that started this overrated thread.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

boilermaker

Bud Man
Forum Member
Feb 7, 2001
Marion ,Indiana
My picks would be Bracey Wright from Indiana and Chris Thomas of Notre Dame. Alll Wright wants to do is stand outside and shoot the 3 ball and Thomas is a me first point guard. Just my 2 cents worth.

soul train

Go Mets!
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2005
boilermaker said:
My picks would be Bracey Wright from Indiana and Chris Thomas of Notre Dame. Alll Wright wants to do is stand outside and shoot the 3 ball and Thomas is a me first point guard. Just my 2 cents worth.
LOVE THAT CHRIS THOMAS PICK,OH YEAH

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

signalcaller

Forum Member
Mar 10, 2004
Chris Thomas no doubt. Dont get me wrong he is decent but not how good everyone sais he is. If all of us took 25 shots a game and played 39 minutes im sure we could average around 14 or 15 a game.

Also
Steve Novak(Marquette)
John Gilhcrist(Maryland)
Gerry Mcnamara (Syracuse)

And how one person stated before
Chris Hill
Shannon Brown
Alan Anderson

and the rest of the whole Michigan St team.

signalcaller

Forum Member
Mar 10, 2004
How are you gonna say Chris Paul is overrated. Hes a top 5 player in the country. Best PG in the nation. Shoots the ball well, penetrates, and dishes the ball. I know youve seen some overrated players in Tennessee such as Marcus Haislip and Scooter Mcfaddon but calling Chris Paul overrated is the stupidest comment ive seen in a while.

Also i forgot about another one of the most overrated players.

JR GIDDENS{KANSAS}
MOST OVERRATED PLAYER IN THE NATION!!

volfan

Elephant Hunter
Forum Member
Jul 18, 1999
BIG ORANGE LAND!!
They both are selfish nut hugers...I am allowed an opinion here, correct?

TN with overrated players?? NO, they all suck...

signalcaller

Forum Member
Mar 10, 2004
I know i would love to have him but he is still overrated. It doesnt mean he isnt good hes just not as good as everyone sais he is

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

volfan

Elephant Hunter
Forum Member
Jul 18, 1999
BIG ORANGE LAND!!
I didn't say that those 3 where not good...just sick of Vitale and others talking like they are NBA all stars.

This is a question of them being overrated.

JJ will not be a good nba player..IMO

Bet on MyBookie