Who are the most overrated players in college ball?

bryanz

Forum Member
Aug 8, 2001
Syracuse ny, usa
that guy ,you know the one ,from UCLA,whats his name, Lou- Al-Sinder,yea yea he's way overrated.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Sun Tzu

Forum Member
Nov 10, 2003
Houston, Texas
Comeon...ou guys are listed guys who arent that good...the question is OVERRATED. I dont see column after column about Jason Frazier. While he is a nice player, the answer by definition cant be anyone but the nosepicker, JJ Redick. Michael Jordan didnt get as much love as th media gives that guy.

bryanz

Forum Member
Aug 8, 2001
Syracuse ny, usa
talk about overrated,did you see that suit that RICKY P had on, whats that stuff in his hair, think his hair is starting to be borderline overratedness.

MrBubbles

Forum Member
Nov 21, 2004
Hawaii
Great call on Chris Thomas. He has to absolutely be #1. He is the king of bad shots late in games. Although McNamara is a close second. And I agree he played well in the Championship run two years ago, but he hasn't really done it since in my opinion. I've watched a lot of big east ball and almost every game cuse has lost that has been close, McNamara has really hurt them with launching up some 30 footer off the dribble.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Omie

Forum Member
Mar 1, 2005
Wisconsin's Armpit
My 2 votes go to:

Chris Thomas
J.R. Giddens

A friend of a friend went to H.S. with Thomas and said he was just as good in High School as he is now. Thomas is a guy that was so amazing and highly touted as a Freshman, but never got any better as the years went by.

On the other hand, Giddens is aweful - He is supposed to be this great shooter, and his shooting is the only thing he brings to the table. If he doesn't make 3's (which he hasn't) he is worthless.

ADot

Forum Member
Jan 11, 2005
McNamara- announcers, especially Raftery, love to kiss his ass and 90% of it has to do with the fact the he is a small white kid who can shoot 3's...he takes a lot of bad shots, although he has been clutch- 6 three's in the nat'l champ game- but i still think he gets way to much credit and warrick is the key to that team
as far as reddick, he is the best shooter in the college game hands down right now IMO- better than salim or mcnamara - and he is a great college player and will be good in the nba as a spot up shooter but not much more
honorable mention- Paul Davis- this guy does nothing in a big spot

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ADot

Forum Member
Jan 11, 2005
sun, you always get under my skin with how ignorant you are sometimes...so if you wanna go by stats lets just call DeWitz from oregon state the best shooter in the land...reddick is the focal point of the team's offense and thus he will take more shots and his % will dip- if he were just a spot up shooter playing second fiddle to someone else taking only few threes a game then he would be up there- obviously you dont watch the games, you just look at the boxscore-
tell me who's a better shooter mr knowitall?

Sun Tzu

Forum Member
Nov 10, 2003
Houston, Texas
Classy response. Not too surprising. Stoudamire takes a few shots for Az doesnt he - where was he ranked? Id say Chris Paul isnt a nothing spot shooter. Where did he fall in those rankings? Of course stats alone dont tell the story - but to say a guy is "hands down the best shooter" is pretty silly if he isnt making the shots. Making excuses for him doesnt change that.

ADot

Forum Member
Jan 11, 2005
chris paul isnt a better shooter than reddick, and stoudamire is right there with reddick but i still think jj is better
take it easy Stat Boy

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Sun Tzu

Forum Member
Nov 10, 2003
Houston, Texas
Ok we can agree that if you throw out the issue of actually making the shots Reddick is better. How is that?

Heck, if him making the shots didnt matter they would have beaten Connecticut in the Final Four last year.

twofingers

Forum Member
Nov 16, 1999
GMac is the only outside shooter that SU has. He has to fire it up to keep teams off of Warrick.

That being said, i am very disappointed in the lack of improvement in GMac since his freshman year.

Pujo21

Registered
Forum Member
May 14, 2002
i think people may be confusing Redicks free throw shooting percentage with regular shots.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Kdogg21

who?
Forum Member
Dec 8, 2001
Chicago,IL
that idiot Vitale thinks Reddick should be player of the year.....

He a great player, but is way overrated by the likes of Vitale and ESPN....

Bet on MyBookie