Who are the quarterbacks of the future?

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Where it is real F ing COLD
Carr without a doubt, Teddy has a shot, a long shot but has a chance. He's a game manager now but his best receiver is a rookie 5th round pick. The tight end is slow and Wallace is clueless, what a crappy route runner

airportis

Forum Member
Sep 22, 2006
NJ
Cam Newtons numbers suck. Right now anyway, this season, they suck.

He is completing 56% of his passes. That blows. That is lower than Kaepernicks 59%, and he really blows. In fact, it is good enough for 29th in the NFL.

I don't care how many wins his team has, as a QB his numbers are pretty shitty.

Yeah he can run the ball and that gives him another element, but as a passing QB, he is pretty shitty this season.

15 TD, 9 INT....again, not good.

The Panthers are having a good season, and they are winning as a team. They aren't winning because Newton is having some MVP caliber season.

Cie

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 30, 2003
New Orleans
Cam Newtons numbers suck. Right now anyway, this season, they suck.

He is completing 56% of his passes. That blows. That is lower than Kaepernicks 59%, and he really blows. In fact, it is good enough for 29th in the NFL.

I don't care how many wins his team has, as a QB his numbers are pretty shitty.

Yeah he can run the ball and that gives him another element, but as a passing QB, he is pretty shitty this season.

15 TD, 9 INT....again, not good.

The Panthers are having a good season, and they are winning as a team. They aren't winning because Newton is having some MVP caliber season.

Cam has major tools, but like you said, his comp % and TD/INT ratio are bad. He does make things happen with his feet, and his arm strength is outrageous. Let's see what happens to his numbers next season once Carolina secures him a weapon on the outside. Ginn is a goat herder.

Right now, many have him in the mvp discussion because he's the qb of an undefeated team, but I definitely don't consider him elite and am not sure he will ever be

airportis

Forum Member
Sep 22, 2006
NJ
Cam has major tools, but like you said, his comp % and TD/INT ratio are bad. He does make things happen with his feet, and his arm strength is outrageous. Let's see what happens to his numbers next season once Carolina secures him a weapon on the outside. Ginn is a goat herder.

Right now, many have him in the mvp discussion because he's the qb of an undefeated team, but I definitely don't consider him elite and am not sure he will ever be

I agree he has the tools, he has a big arm and he can make things happen with his feet. I heard similar things about Jamarcus Russell and Tim Tebow. His success reminds me of Tebow how he was winning and putting up terrible numbers, but people heralded him as a good NFL QB.

I am not saying Cam is Tebow, Cam is a legit NFL QB, but I don't class him as elite either. His team is winning, that is the only reason there is any hype what so ever.

If the Panthers were 2-7 instead of 9-0 and Cam Newton had these EXACT numbers that he does today, he would probably get benched.

He's never put up gaudy numbers, and he's never had a high completion %. after a few years in the league you would think these things would start to show by now. Maybe not the TD numbers but the completion % should be getting higher as he is getting better, not getting worse.

You can only blame his supporting cast so much. At the end of the day, if he is accurate enough, an NFL receiver will catch the ball. There are other guys out there with bad supporting casts that can still complete passes. Mariota is at 65%, Russ Wilson is at about 66% and Seattle WR corp is maybe the worst in the league. Even Josh McCown is completing 65%.

56% is just shocking, and like I said, if the Panthers were 2-7 instead of 9-0, Newton would be benched.

airportis

Forum Member
Sep 22, 2006
NJ
a homer pick, but I think Osweiler could be a good one. he has sat behind a great QB for a few years now, has the size and tools, and should be able to succeed in Kubiaks offense. I am excited to see what he can do when he takes over the reigns in Denver when Peyton leaves.

kneifl

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2001
Virginia
www.tradewithjon.com
I'm going to throw in a few college picks

I'm going to throw in a few college picks

Taysom Hill

Cody Kessler

Jared Goff

Connor Cook

I suspect a few of these guys will be NFL starters at one point in their career.

kneifl

DZ

Urban Achiever
Forum Member
Oct 22, 2009
310/917
No one has mentioned Winston or Marriota. I think both are the real deal.

I disagree on Bortles. His decision making is atrocious. He won't last much longer if that doesn't improve.

airportis

Forum Member
Sep 22, 2006
NJ
Taysom Hill

Cody Kessler

Jared Goff

Connor Cook

I suspect a few of these guys will be NFL starters at one point in their career.

kneifl

No chance Taysom Hill becomes an NFL starter. 6'2, constantly injured, mediocre passing skills. No way.

I like Goff a lot as a QB but again, he doesn't have the ideal NFL size.

kneifl

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2001
Virginia
www.tradewithjon.com
No chance Taysom Hill becomes an NFL starter. 6'2, constantly injured, mediocre passing skills. No way.

I like Goff a lot as a QB but again, he doesn't have the ideal NFL size.

I thought Hill looked pretty good in some of the BYU games I saw this year. However, you never know with the transition from College to Pro.

I just saw the reply about Bortles and while Blake is not at the top of my list I think he is a hell of a lot better than Winston. I would put Mariotta above Winston as well.

kneifl

Bet on MyBookie