WORLD CUP DOUCHE BAG REFEREE!!!!!

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kegray1

Benneteau fan
Forum Member
Nov 4, 2004
Houston
The defenders always get the benefit of the doubt on free kicks.
They had 2 fouls on that play and ref calls it the other way.
He is trying to see so many different things and probably saw the tail end of one of the US guys trying to stay up using a Slovenia player.

TERRIBLE CALL. This refs World Cup is over.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
Top Poster Of Month
May 26, 2002
Canada
Well that was a bad call. All 8 players in the box were all grabbing one another. USA should have completed the comeback.

And if there was a penalty on that play.....it was NOT on the USA.

Also....this thread is OFF TOPIC....."off the wall" baby

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DZ

Urban Achiever
Forum Member
Oct 22, 2009
310/917
The defenders always get the benefit of the doubt on free kicks.
They had 2 fouls on that play and ref calls it the other way.
He is trying to see so many different things and probably saw the tail end of one of the US guys trying to stay up using a Slovenia player.

TERRIBLE CALL. This refs World Cup is over.

No excuses for the ref. He blew that call clearly. I hate how refs are so stubborn in sports. At least Jim Joyce was a breath of fresh air. I would bet 1000 to win 10 that this ref would never come out and admit that he blew it. Matter of fact I bet FIFA won't even come up with an explanation for the call. Move on, nothing to see here... :SIB

DZ

Urban Achiever
Forum Member
Oct 22, 2009
310/917
A tie is ok I suppose. As long as England takes care of business and we win our next game, we'll be in

Well doesn't Slovenia have 4 points now? It's gonna be tougher than you think. Assuming england beats the worst team in the group today they are gonna have to pound Slovenia for us in their final group game. Of course they could just tie and garuntee that both teams advance. Revenge for the tie game on saturday? Conspiracy? :shrug:

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
Well doesn't Slovenia have 4 points now? It's gonna be tougher than you think. Assuming england beats the worst team in the group today they are gonna have to pound Slovenia for us in their final group game. Of course they could just tie and garuntee that both teams advance. Revenge for the tie game on saturday? Conspiracy? :shrug:

A tie would not guarantee that they both advance, I don't think.

It would come down to Goals For, I believe.

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
Correction: we need to beat Algeria by 2+ goals then we will have the tie-breaker over both Slovenia for sure if England-Slovenia tie (assuming England beats Algeria today)

ppabart

Not banned
Forum Member
Dec 13, 2000
Decatur, GA USA
none

That's why I said if England takes care of business. As long as we beat Algeria, we'll end with 5 points...and get the second seed from our group.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
FIFA officially states that there will be no comment from the referee.

How in the fuck is that the correct choice?

DZ

Urban Achiever
Forum Member
Oct 22, 2009
310/917
Correction: we need to beat Algeria by 2+ goals then we will have the tie-breaker over both Slovenia for sure if England-Slovenia tie (assuming England beats Algeria today)

Thanks for clarifying dawgball. Anybody know what happens, or what the tiebreaker is, if we tie Slovenia(or England for that matter) for points and goal differential??? TIA.