WVU to Beat UGA

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

socrstud

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2005
That's right....WVU will be runnin all over the Dawgs....If you think Shockley is an X factor watch out for this WVU QB!!!! Def my largest pick thus far for the Bowls....

NDU will prolly upset OSU as well!!!!

GL that's my predictions....BUT I LOVE WVU!!!!

Last edited:

Dawgs

Forum Member
Nov 7, 2005
Haaaaaaaaaaaa
haaaaaaaaaaa
haaaaaaaaaa
haaaaaaaaa
haaaaaaaa

steve2881

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2005
Again Socrstud??

Again Socrstud??

didn't we go through this last week. I think again you are underestimating Georgia. You must be a tech fan. I am not trying to gloat, and I actually think this West Virginia is sort of a good play in this spot. Much better than your LSU bet last week. What is the line on the game?? The only line that I have received is the Rose. Regardless of the line, I think west virginia will have a chip on their shoulder, and should come to play. Pat White is a VERY dangerous qb on the run, although I am not AT ALL sold on his passing ability.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

socrstud

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2005
hate tech! Yeah UGA surpised me....I lost faith when they pushed in the FL game....

His passing ability isn't great but it won't matter because if he starts to run UGA swarms and he makes a 5 yard screener for 7-15 yards....

Changed my biggest play to NAVY BIG TIME!!!!!!!!

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
First, I have stated all season that I don't think UGA is that good this year. But I think this BCs game is a gift. In a few years, we will just be referring to this season as one where we won the SEC championship and our BCS bowl game.

I think our run game is going to absolutely dominate in this situation. WVU may be able to keep up, but I will be shocked if they are able to win.

The line I saw was UGA -9 which seems to be begging for WVU money, IMO.

GL

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

AU2001

under par
Forum Member
Dec 3, 2004
Birmingham AL
With a healthy DJ Shockley, UGA has only one loss and that was a 1 point loss to Auburn where either team could've won. WVU is a very fast team, but I think UGA has them overmatched especially in the running game.

AU2001

under par
Forum Member
Dec 3, 2004
Birmingham AL
I take back my statement. I didn't realize that WVU was the Big East Champ. They will pound UGA like a drum. Put your house on WVU ml.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ferdville

Forum Member
Dec 24, 1999
So Cal
It is very hard, almost impossible for me to praise and support an SEC team. But to show I am not out of my mind, Georgia will win this game and probably by double digits. Backdoor cover is all that is likely here if WVU covers.

ferdville

Forum Member
Dec 24, 1999
So Cal
Georgia is a better team. Check West Virginia's bowl record. As much as i detest the SEC (I admit my bias if only their fans would do the same) Georgia is just too much the better team. I will contribute something of substance here soon and thanks for your opinion, too.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ferdville

Forum Member
Dec 24, 1999
So Cal
Georgia played a stronger schedule this year ( I know,I know - SEC). While they were playing LSU and Auburn WVU was battling Pitt and South Florida. This is taking nothing away from a fine season and strong finish for WVU, If you examine their schedule you will see that many of their wins were against well known teams, but well known teams on down years or at the time of injuries.

Two of the biggest factors in my choice of Georgia are the fact that :
a) The game is in Georgia; huge advantage
b) WVU has perhaps the worst bowl record of any team in the past 15 years. I could be wrong as I am trying to remember, but I think they are 1-10 in last eleven bowl games. It is hard to back a team with that history.

WVU is a good team, maybe a somewhat weak 10-1, but they are not scrubs for sure. I think Georgia is simply a better team all around; better athletes; better schedule.

zekesbayoumojo

Forum Member
Nov 14, 2005
Florence,SC
i am a sec fan. i dont dislike the pac10, but i will say there isnt much defense out west. or many good teams. you would agree wouldnt you ferdville? youre not a fan of good defenses? do you really think there is much to oregon being 10-1? come on. how many decent teams are in the pac10? osu,wsu,uw,stanford,ariz??? l think usc will beat texas, but you must admit the close win over fresno is dampened somewhat by the nev and la tech losses? la tech?

steve2881

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2005
wv wilson, you homer!!!

wv wilson, you homer!!!

I know wv breezes through teams like, syracuse uconn and pitt, but try stepping out of div. 2 football, and assessing the reality of the situation. This wv team is one of the weakest 10-1 teams is recent memory. UGA @ -10 is a gift. I was being nice to socrstud earlier in the post because I took him to the woodshed last week on the sec champ. game. You lost to Virginia tech, the choke artist's of '05, nice year in your lackluster conference, but get real.

Georgia 35

W.V. 10

Cabo

Oil Worker
Forum Member
Dec 5, 2000
Marietta/Anchorage
I haven't decided which way to go here, but I just dont see the Dawgs losing SU. With that said, I dont know if they will cover but I am leaning towards Ga. I think Ga has played a tougher schedule than WVA and being that the game is in the Dome adds to me favoring Ga. WVA is a good team with a excellant defense, but I think Shockley is the key. Not that it's a big deal but Ga did have 8 players named to the all SEC team this yr. and their offense finally came to life against a good LSU defense. As much as it hurts to say this,
Ga is the second best team in the SEC behind Aub,
but not far! We'll see how they fair against WVA's speedy defense! I think it should be a good game. Just my two cents ..Cabo... :)

socrstud

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2005
Anyone remeber the shootout between Louisville and WVU....WVU will score more than 10 points come on....THIS IS FOR SURE.....If it gets into a shoot out UGA is in trouble I can promise you that....WVU isn't getting a lot of respect for some reason but that's ok....It will be interesting to see both teams quarter back go the distance to make sure they're team wins this one.....Also remeber a team that doesn't get a lotta respect in the bowl is BOWL HUNGRY.....This one in my eyes is going to be really close....Yes UGA has athletes but as far as saying they are that much better athletes than UGA isn't true....These are two teams that are very good and not too much of a big difference. 10-1 losing to VA-Tech isn't that bad....So trust me watch out for this bowl hungry Mountainaire squad...

AU2001

under par
Forum Member
Dec 3, 2004
Birmingham AL
Both Cabo and socrstud have very good points. I personally think this is the toughest game to cap across the board. I like UGA to win SU, not sure about the cover, but my lean is UGA.

Steve2881, did you have a good time after the Iron Bowl?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg