Northcoast

Marquee

Clemson
Over Houston

Stu Feiner

40 DIME
CLEMSON (+3)

20 DIME
LA. DODGERS(Lowe) at PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES(Hamels) UNDER (7)

Sebastian

20* LAD series

30* LAD game one

LENNY STEVENS

10* clemson
10* philadelphia phillies
10* philadelphia series

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
EAST COAST SPORTS CONSULTANTS

WILLIE "D"
Blue Chip CFB CLEMSON
Blue Chip MLB PHILADELPHIA

RANDY MITCHEL
Platinum CLEMSON
Gold PHILADELPHIA

Maddux Sports

4* Clemson
3* Houston

Wayne Root

Chairman
Wake Forest

Teddy Covers

3* LA Dodgers

3* Over 66.5 UAB

Executive

250% Wake Forest

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Charlies Sports

500* UAB / Houston Over 66?
30* UAB +18
20* Clemson / Wake Forest Under 43?
20* Wake Forest -2?
10* Dodgers / Phillies Under 7?
Phillies -135 Free Play

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

wareagle

World Traveler
Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
MEMPHIS, TN
www.dunavant.com
dr boob

South Carolina 2* up to -2.5
Kansas State (-2 1/2) 3-Stars at -3 or less, 2-Stars up to -6 points.
Oregon (-18) 3-Stars at -20 or less, 4-Stars at -17 or less, 2-Stars at -20 1/2 or -21 points.
North Carolina (-8) 3-Stars at -9 or less, 2-Stars at -9 1/2 or -10.
Arkansas State (-13) 2-Stars at -14 or less, 3-Stars at -11 or less.
Clemson-Wake Forest UNDER (42) Strong Opinion Under 41 points or higher
SMU (+25) Strong Opinion at +23 or more, 2-Star Best Bet at +27 or more.
Boise State (-10 1/2) Strong Opinion at -13 or less.

quanjin

Forum Member
Sep 20, 2007
Does anyone have Ben Burns for tonight?

Does anyone have Ben Burns for tonight?

thanks

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
BEN BURNS

COLLEGE FOOTBALL

I'm laying the points with HOUSTON. I actually believe that UAB is a better team than last season. However, that's not saying a whole lot. Indeed, the Blazers were 2-10 last season and they were outgained by a whopping 188 yards per game in league play. The worst of the Blazers' 10 losses came at the hands of these same Houston Cougars. The Cougars dominated that game by a score of 49-10 and had a whopping 540-224 edge in total yards. The situation sets up nicely for another blowout. While UAB is off a tough three-point loss vs. Memphis last week, the Cougars haven't played since way back on September 27. The Cougars last game came at East Carolina. Not only did the Cougars win, but they blew out the #23 ranked Pirates. Case Keenum threw for 399 yards and three touchdowns and the Cougars managed a massive 621 total yards of offense. More impressive was the fact that they limited the Pirates to a mere 275 total yards. The final score was 41-24 and it could have been even more lopsided if the Cougars hadn't committed a couple of key turnovers, one which took seven of their own points off the board and another which gave the Pirates seven. Either way, now they take a big step down in class and return home well-rested and full of confidence. While the number seems high at first glance, it has come down a couple of points from its opener and it should also be noted that UAB is 0-3 on the road and has been outscored by an average of 19 points in those losses. Additionally, the Cougars have the type of high-powered no-huddle attack that puts points on the board in a hurry. Just ask East Carolina safety safety Van Eskridge, who had this to say of the Houston offense: "After they'd run the first play, they'd hurry right back up to the line and run that next play. Sometimes it kind of caught us off guard and took us a while to get adjusted to it." If Houston could score more than 40 points and gain more than 600 total yards on the road vs. an ECU team which entered that game allowing 19.7 ppg and 297.5 total yards, just think what the Cougars will do at home vs. a Blazers team which is allowing 36.7 points and 485 yards per game on the road. Look for another blowout with the Blazers falling to 2-7 ATS their last nine conference games. *CUSA GOW

THURSDAY TOTAL OF MONTH

I'm playing on Clemson and Wake Forest to finish UNDER the total. Wake Forest is coming off an extremely disappointing upset loss to Navy, it's first loss of the season. Clemson also got upset last time out, getting knocked off at Maryland and suffering it's second loss. Both the Deacons and the Tigers committed numerous turnovers and I expect them to play this extremely important game slightly more conservatively as a result. Wake Forest's normally reliable QB Riley Skinner was intercepted four times, while also losing a fumble. The Deacons already wanted to do a better job at establishing their ground attack and those four interceptions should ensure a fairly heavy dose of the run this evening. Wake Forest Jim Grobe had this to say: "I think we've talked about it forever now, but I think that we would like to be able to run the football better. I don't know that there is any one area that needs the most improvement. Certainly we've put too much pressure on Riley Skinner. We need to balance out our offense a little bit." As for the Tigers, they're averaging 166 yards per game on the ground, so we can also expect plenty of running plays when they have the ball. As you know, numerous running plays help to keep the clock moving. While they did get gashed on the ground vs. Navy, the Deacons had previously done a decent job against the run, allowing 101 rushing yards per game entering that game. Overall, the Deacons are still allowing only 293 yards per game and just 17 points. The Tigers have been equally as good, allowing a mere 16 points per game and just 314 yards. In fact, over their last four games, the Tigers have allowed just 11.5 points per game. Not surprisingly, the Tigers have seen all their lined games finish below the total this season and have seen the UNDER go a perfect 6-0 in their last six lined games, dating back to last season. The fact that both teams are strong defensively is no surprise as Clemson returned a whopping eight defensive starters while Wake Forest had even more, at nine. Looking at some other stats and we find that the Tigers have seen the UNDER go 17-9 their past 26 lined games when they were coming off a bye. Additionally, they've seen the UNDER go 8-2 their past 10 Thursday games. Look for those numbers to get even better as this evening's clash turns into a hard-hitting defensive affair. *Thursday TOM

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Trace Adams

1500* Wake Forest Demon Deacons,
500* Philadelphia w/Hamels over Lowe

Both Clemson, and Wake Forest come into this Thursday nighter off of shocking home losses, the Tigers to Maryland in a game they were favored by 11, and the Deacons to Navy in a game they were favored by 15 1/2-points.
Who rebounds?
My money is on the home team.
Wake Forest is still a very positive 4-1 against the spread as favorites playing with revenge off a straight up loss, and last year they did get bush-whacked 44-10 at Clemson as the 9-point dog!
The Demon Deacons had been 4-0 against the spread in the previous 4 series meetings with the Tigers.
Remember that Wake's defense and special teams sport a nation-leading 52 takeaways the last 1-plus seasons, and the fact the Deacs are at home under the Thursday night lights in revenge makes this about a strong of a play as you will see from me.
I am laying the small chalk, and looking for Wake to show up at home in this revenge spot.
1500♦ - Wake Forest Demon Deacons
In baseball, going to back the Phillies at home in Game One of the NLCS over the visiting Dodgers.
The home team won ALL 8 meetings in the season series this year, and I don't see the visitor breaking through in tonight's first game.
The pitching matchup features a pair of red-hot hurlers as Derek Lowe, and Cole Hamels go at it, and while both sport good looking numbers against the other's club, I have to stick with the home-cooking in this one.
Yes, we are laying a little juice, but until the road team shows me they can get that breakthrough win, I will stick with the series trends, and back the host.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
NSA

20* Clemson
10* Clemson over
10* Uab

10* Dodgers
10* LA Dodgers over

Brandon Lang

10 Dimes: Clemson + pts.

5 Dimes: LA Dodgers.

10 Dimes: Dodgers to win NL.

Free Pick: UAB/Houston over the posted total.

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Matty O'Shea

MLB Total
dime bet902 PHI / 901 Dgr Under 7.5 BetUS
Analysis: This pitching matchup between Philadelphia's Cole Hamels and LA's Derek Lowe has UNDER written all over it. Hamels has given up two earned runs or less in 10 of his last 11 starts while Lowe has allowed two runs or less in his last 10 appearances. These are two of the National League's hottest pitchers over the last couple months, and both teams also will be appearing in the NLCS for the first time in more than 15 years. That means nerves will likely be a factor offensively, giving the pitchers a clear advantage. The UNDER is 4-1 in the last five meetings, and I believe that is the best bet in Game 1. Take the UNDER as my Single Dime NLCS Total Play O' the Day.

CFB Total
dime bet104 Wake Forest / 103 Clemson Under 43.5 BetUS

Analysis: Wake Forest and Clemson both have a lot on the line in this game, which has the makings of a classic ACC Prime Time matchup. I expect the defenses to take center stage here and really focus on stopping the opposition following losses right before their bye weeks. The Demon Deacons just got flattened on the ground by Navy in a disappointing 24-17 home loss while the Tigers suffered a 20-17 setback to Maryland despite both C.J. Spiller and James Davis rushing for more than 100 yards. These schools will try to take advantage of each other's weaknesses but should struggle to score a lot of points because of the adjustments they have made and what is at stake here. The UNDER is 6-0 in Clemson's last six lined games going back to last season and 10-4 in Wake Forest's last 14 home games. Bet the UNDER as my Single Dime NCAA Prime Time Total Play O' the Day.

Tommy Rider

CFB Total
dime bet106 Houston / 105 UAB Over 66.5

Analysis: Just too much offense and two terrible defenses in this game. The Cougars are 110th nationally at stopping the run and have been awful all season in regards to third down defense. UAB can score points and they have dangerous dual threat QB in Joe Webb who will give the generous Houston defense fits tonight. UAB's defense is one of the nation's worst and that's not good news for them tonight facing a Cougars offense led by QB Case Keenum that is second in the nation in passing yards (400.4) and putting up 37 points per game. They should easily surpass that total tonight. My numbers have this game coming in at 78 points, so expect a lot of yards and a lot of points in this matchup tonight. *1 UNIT PLAY*

Tony George

MLB Money Line
dime bet902 PHI (-134)BetUS vs 901 Dgr

Phillies -135

Like Philly at home is hitter friendly Citizens Bank Park. The KEY in this one relies on Philly's bullpen which has an ERA of 3.55 versus the Dodgers whose is over 6. Do not discount all world closer Brad Lidge and the bullpen which was an AMAZING 79-0 after leading this season in the 8th inning! Unreal! Both teams swept at home this year 4-0 each. The team to take 1 on the road probably wins this series, but I do not see LA taking Game 1 in Philly, especially if tight with the bullpen and closer that Philly has at home.

Play 1 Unit on the Philly.

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Rocco Vincintore

Guaranteed Selections
Date: Thursday, October 09, 2008
$25.00 Guaranteed: Do you remember the NHL last year? Let me help you! We are 72-36 in th NHL last season by far the Nation's TOP NHL HANDICAPPER! GET our 5000* NHL WINNER tonight for just $25 and pay only after you win! We know more about the NHL than the books so if you are looking for one strong winner tonight do not miss out on this EASY 5000* NHL WINNER! Get it now for just $25 and pay only after you win! 1-0 T 10/9/2008

5000* NHL MONEY LINE WINNER
8 San Jose -140 10:35 EST

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Kelso Sturgeon

10 units Clemson +2.5
5 units UAB +18

Beat Your Boookie

100-Phillies

100-lCemson

100 Houston

Teddy June

10 clem/wf under

10 phi/lad under

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Bob Akmens

NHL
Maple Leafs/Red Wings
o5.5 / 5 units

Vancouver Canucks
5 units

CFB
Wake Forest
-2.5 / 5 units

MLB
Philadelphia Phillies
(-133) / 5 units

Vegas-Runner

MLB Money Line
triple-dime bet902 PHI (-131)Sportsbetting.com vs 901 Dgr
Analysis:
**** NLCS 4* GAME of the MONTH ****

(Hamels vs Lowe)

*** Please Check Back on Thursday for Possible UPGRADE to 5* GOY Wager ***

Let me start off by saying that the "outfits" went ahead and bought up some Dodgers in Game 1...but the reason that don't concern me is because I spent more than my share of years making those very bets...and they are simply based on value gained by "public perception"...which is going to drop the number anyway...So we would try to beat them to it, since the majority of rec bettors wait until the final hour to wager...And just like so many times in the past, the result is a drop in the number, just like we are seeing for this one...But I wouldn't be surprised to see them come back the other way Thursday, especially if the public money continues to come in on the Dodgers for Both, the series and more importantly for this bet...in Game 1...

So we have covered what the market is doing...and how it is likely to react as we approach game-time...And like I stated, every book that I went by the past 2 night's all have said the same thing...The Dodgers are being bet as if they already won the series...

Well, that is just fine by me because it will only allow us to get more value throughout the series...So let's look at this Game 1 and why I believe this is an excellent spot for the Phils to come out and grab a 1-0 lead...

And as always, I will try to touch on those factors we are using which aren't the obvious, readily available stats that we will see over and over again throughout the series...

For starters...the Home Team has won every game between the 2 this season...and if we take a look at the Phils (50-33), it tells us that we could have laid up to -150 at home and come out ahead...and on the flip side, we see the Dodgers are only 38-45 on the road...

Next, we get to back Cole Hamils at home, at a price of -131...and probably even less tomorrow morning...Well let me tell you that the average price to back Hamels at home was "-190"...so that alone is at times enough, to grab the value and back the Phils...

But it's a lot more than that...true the Dodgers are definately a different team than the one we all saw throughout the season, especially before the Manny deal...but these 2 teams met in August, so we can use what we see to help us capp this match-up and series...

And what I really like is the fact that the Phils kept Manny extremely quiet, and he did absolutely nothing offensively...and if he struggles, I believe the confidence will start to dwindle...like we saw with the Rockies in last year's World Series...Another thing I like for Game 1, is the fact we all know Hamels beat the Dodgers at home 9-2...but more importantly, although the Phils lost 4-3 with him starting for them in LA...the bottom line is that he left the game in the 7th with the lead...and it was a rare blown save by the bull-pen which got LA the win...It had nothing to do with them having their way with Hamels...In fact, in 14inn against LA, Hamels only allowed 4er...

Finally, in Game 1 of a 7 Game Series in All Sports...the Home Team Wins 67% of the time...and 65% in the Semi's...which equates to a lay price of around -200...and we are being asked to lay much less in this one...Although in MLB, that number may drop to 58%, we are still getting very much the best of it at the price we are being asked to lay...

We will definately discuss many more details throughout the Series for both clubs...but for GAME 1, everything that I have worked on points to a PHILS WIN...and you all know that throughout the season, our success came from having the ability to prognosticate projected scoring based on starting pitching, bull-pens, offense, and defense...and for this game, the results show the PHILS winning by 0.78 of a run...which would result in an average line of -185...

So let's go ahead and make our FIRST 4* GAME OF THE MONTH Bet...on the PHILLIES to Win Game 1...VR

*** NLCS 3* SERIES BEST BET ***

1.) PHILLIES -105 (3*)

Rather than cover more stats and trends...I would like to use this opportunity to pass along some things that I have learned about SERIES BETS which have definately allowed me to Profit with them in the Past...I was fortunate enough to learn this from the older "sharps" out here who made so much of their profit from future bets, during a time when the books weren't as sophisticated or even accurate in pricing futures...and here is what I was told...

You only make a series wager based on the Price that is being offered for the Series...now that sounds pretty elementary...but what that means is that as soon as you make that Series Wager...you need to be the kind of bettor who could fold that ticket, put it away...and forget you ever made it until it's time to cash...or there is a nice opportunity to hedge...

The problem most bettors face is that they will follow their series bet, even if it's going down in flames...meaning they will continue to believe and hope that what they thought would happen...still will...even though it's obvious that it won't...

I have never had that problem and after 2 games if I believe that the Dodgers are going to win the series...I will jump ship and look to ride them to Profit...Because once again...the series bet is simply based on the price being offered compared to what our work says it should be...and in this situation...I would have had absolutely no problem at all laying up to -130 on the Phils in this series, even only because they are at home, with the edge they could gain by the smaller ball-park, if their bats start to get hot...

But like I said...we were able to see a lot more than just that while breaking this series down...and at the price they have set...there is only one way to bet this one...So let's go ahead and make the PHILLIES -105, our 3* BEST BET for the NLCS...and then put that ticket away and look to exploit the individual games

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Wunderdog

Game: Los Angeles Dodgers at Philadelphia (8:15 PM Eastern)
Pick: 3 units on Philadelphia -134 (moneyline) (risk 3 to win 2.2)
Pick: 3 units on Game Total OVER 7.5 -110 (risk 3 to win 2.7)

Cole Hamels gets the ball for the Phillies here while Derek Lowe gets the assignment for the Dodgers. Both of these pitchers had fast finishes to the regular season, and have been pitching well. The Phillies and Dodgers have played to a 4-4 mark this season, but what looks like even is really not. The Dodgers were swept clean in Philly, four straight, and not a single one of the games was even competitive. The Phillies slugged and pitched their way to a 27-5 advantage, out-scoring the Dodgers 6.8-1.3. That has been one of the Dodgers problems all season long. They have the worst road record of any team left in the post-season. The Phillies have been a super team down the stretch at home as they are 20-6 in their last 26 played here. They are 27-10 as a home favorite of -125 to -175 this season. Under Torre the Dodgers are just 4-13 on the road vs. AL East opponents. I like the Phillies here in game one, as well as the OVER. The last six times Lowe has started vs the Phillies the games have gone OVER. The Phillies have played 8-3 OVER vs a team with a losing road record. Finally, when either Hamels or Lowe have pitched this year in a Philles vs Dodger matchup, the average runs scored has been 10.7 per game. Take the home team and the OVER.

INDIAN COWBOY

Wake Forest POD

3 units (Normal)UAB Blazers +18 (-110)

Vegas Sports Experts

10* Take Clemson (+2.5) over Wake Forest (NCAA Power Play)
7:45 PM EST

Clemson
? 14-5 ATS as a road underdog of 7 points or less
? 43-13 SU coming off an UNDER the total since 1992
? 13-3 SU coming off a conference loss by 3 points or less
? Allowing an average of only 9 ppg on defense over the last 3 games

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
PPP

2% Clemson

Tony Smith

VIP Release #1

Clemson (+2') at Wake Forest (43') - 7:45 p.m. EST

WAKE FOREST (-2') VIP SELECTION

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
SPORTS ADVISORS

Clemson (3-2, 0-3 ATS) at (21) Wake Forest (3-1, 2-2 ATS)

Wake Forest plays host to Clemson in Winston-Salem, N.C., with both ACC teams coming off bye weeks ? and both aiming to get over upset losses.

The Demon Deacons were dealt a stunning 24-17 home loss two weeks ago against Navy as an overwhelming 17-point chalk, halting a six-game SU winning streak dating to last season (5-1 ATS). Wake Forest trailed 17-0 at halftime and couldn?t draw closer than a touchdown in the second half, and though the Deacons didn?t lose the total-yardage battle by much (343-313), they allowed 292 rushing yards, leading to a time-of-possession deficit of more than 13 minutes.

The Tigers also stumbled at home in their last outing, losing 20-17 to Maryland as an 11-point favorite, ending a three-game win streak. Clemson dominated much of the stat sheet, posting a 372-295 yardage edge ? including 221-123 on the ground ? and a more than five-minute edge in time of possession. But the Tigers lost the turnover battle 3-0 and blew a 17-6 halftime lead, getting outscored 14-0 in the second half.

Wake Forest is on a 4-1 ATS run in this series (2-3 SU), all as an underdog, though Clemson rolled 44-10 at home last year laying nine points. The home team is 5-1-2 ATS in the last eight meetings.

The Demon Deacons are 2-7-1 ATS in their last 10 games following a bye, but they sport ATS streaks of 9-3 overall, 5-2 at home, 8-0 after a non-cover, 5-1 in ACC play and 14-4 against winning teams. Conversely, the Tigers have failed to cover in six consecutive games and are on further pointspread slides of 0-4 against winning teams, 1-7 after a non-cover, 1-5 after a SU loss and 3-7-1 coming off a bye.

The over is on a 6-1 roll in this rivalry. However, the under is 10-4 in Wake?s last 14 home games, and the under for Clemson is on stretches of 6-0 overall, 5-2 on the road and 11-4 inside the conference.

ATS ADVANTAGE: WAKE FOREST

UAB (1-5, 2-2-1 ATS) at Houston (2-3, 1-3 ATS)

Houston will look to build on an upset victory when it welcomes Alabama-Birmingham to town for a Conference USA matchup.

The Cougars, coming off a bye week, rolled over East Carolina 41-24 two weeks ago as a 10?-point road underdog. QB Case Keenum (36 of 44, 399 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT) was terrific, and Houston added another 222 yards on the ground to post a whopping 621-275 advantage in total offense.

The Blazers, who are set to play their second straight Thursday contest, lost to Memphis 33-30 a week ago on a last-second field goal, pushing as a three-point road pup. It was a nearly even game, with UAB outgained by just 20 yards (456-336) but finishing with a slight rushing edge (221-192).

Houston is 2-1 SU and ATS in the last three meetings between these two, posting a 49-10 road blowout last year giving 13 points. The favorite is on a 4-0 ATS run in this rivalry, and the straight-up winner has covered the pointspread in each of the last six meetings dating to 1999.

Despite the Cougars? upset at East Carolina, they are still on pointspread dips of 1-8 overall, 0-6 at home, 0-5 after a SU win, 1-5 following a spread-cover and 1-4 in conference play. On the flip side, the Blazers are on positive ATS runs of 4-1-1 against losing teams and 7-3 coming off a bye, but they remain just 2-5-1 ATS in their last eight C-USA tilts.

The under for Houston is on streaks of 7-3 overall, 5-1 in conference play and 6-2 coming off the bye, and for UAB, the under is on runs of 9-4-1 overall, 6-2 in roadies and 7-3 after a bye. Finally, the last two meetings between these squads have stayed under the total.

ATS ADVANTAGE: UNDER

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

quanjin

Forum Member
Sep 20, 2007
Anyone have Scott Spreitzer for tonight?

Anyone have Scott Spreitzer for tonight?

thanks.

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Jeff Bonds

CFB Side
triple-dime bet103 Clemson 3.0 (-120) Bodog vs 104 Wake Forest
Analysis:
The Clemson Tigers rarely find themselves as underdogs in regular season games against current ACC competition - but when they do - WATCH OUT.

Clemson is a PERFECT 9-0 ATS in their last nine games in this situation - winning seven of those games SU! The Tigers blew an 11-point lead over a good Maryland team (Leave their Virgiina loss out) and have now had a week to sit around and get focused on the task at hand: Not losing a second ACC game in as many weeks.

Head coach Tommy Bowden is 5-2 in his career against Jim Grobe of Wake Forest and Clemson is the ONLY TEAM to defeat the Deacons the past two years. Why's that of significant? Mainly all of Clemson's players have been a part of the past two victories - including their entire backfield and QB.

Clemson hasn't been an underdog in at least the past 10 meetings and have won 11 of the last 14 meetings

The Tigers have a balanced attack - but a HUGE MISMATCH presents itself on the ground, as Wake Forest ranks 114th in that nation

Wake QB Riley Skinner will find it tough to bounce back from a five turnover performance (3 INTs) against a Clemson secondary that's 8th in the country with eight interceptions.

Don't worry about the negative talk around the nation about Clemson's QB. Cullen Harper is actually averaging more yards per pass attempt (7.49) than he did last year (6.93). He's also completing passes at a higher percentage.

Finally a very interest angle: Ranked teams at home that are favorites of a TD or less are 0-6 ATS this year - failing to cover by more than 9 points! The spread opened at a PK and has moved to -2.5/3.....I don't think so - take the points!

King Creole

CFB Side
double-dime bet103 Clemson 3.0 (-110) Bodog vs 104 Wake Forest
Analysis: 2** Best Bet on: CLEMSON TIGERS plus the points vs Wake Forest Demon Deacons / 7:30pm ET / ESPN TV
1* Play on: OVER THE TOTAL

Both ACC teams come into Thursday night game on a 2-week "STEAM". They each took last week off after dropping games as a FAVORITE two weeks ago. As a result, we have plenty of dynamite ATS ammo that indicates the DOG (Clemson) is the play. As of Wednesday night, the line in this game was Wake Forest -2.5 points. An interesting side note so far in 2008 is this: Home favorites of -2.5 points EXACTLY are 1-6 ATS so far this season. So if the line at KICKOFF is exactly -2.5 (at most sportsbooks), we'll be backed up by a 86% System.

First, let's run through the UPSET losses that both teams come in off.
0-10 ATS since 1995 for ALL Conference favorites of 9 < points off a SU loss as a favorite of -16 > points. Wake Forest was a fav of -17 in their upset loss to Navy, so they indeed qualify in this rare System.

24-9 ATS since 1999 for ALL Conference road underdogs of 13 < points off a SU conference loss in which they were a home fav of -10 or more. If our doggie scored 17 or less points in that upset loss, the results improve to 10-1 ATS. Clemson lost to Maryland 20-17 as a fav of -11 pts two weeks ago. So we have another qualifier. We also note that these conference dogs tend to score (and allow) a lot of points, as the "OVER" is 9-1-1 O/U in this spot.

When Navy burst Wake's bubble two weeks ago, it was the first loss of the season for the Demon Deacons.
0-6 ATS since 2000 for ALL Conference home favorites in Game 5 or greater who lost their first game of the season as a FAVORITE.

Based on the fact that BOTH teams are coming in off a week of REST, that leads to some interesting queries as well.
5-18 ATS since 1990 for ALL Conference home favs playing with REST and a SU loss (Wake Forest)... vs any opponent also playing with REST and a SU loss (CLEMSON). Conference favs of LESS than (<) 10 points are a PERFECT 0-11 ATS in this situation.

Clemson is an OUTSTANDING underdog in the ACC. In the last 5 season, the Tigers are a PERFECT 5-0 ATS as a conference road underdog. On the other hand, Wake Forest is a LOUSY favorite against pissed-off opponents. The Demon Deacons are 5-16 ATS since 1980 as conference home favs against an opp off a SUATS loss. Within this 5-16 ATS set, we note that Wake is a PERFECT 0-3 ATS if they are off a SUATS loss of their own (and they are).

We'll also enjoy a very 'HIGH'-scoring series history when we play a little bit on the OVER. We have the benefit on Thursday of a very nice low OU line.... based on previous matchups. The current line of 43.5 is 6 points LESS than the averages. In the last 7 years, the average OU line in the Wake/Clemson series is 49.4. And the average combined points scored is 56.5. That's more than a TD (+7.4) in OU line value based on the history of this series. When you factor in Thursday's (relatively) low OU line, one can see the obvious value (up to 13 points).

Final score:
CLEMSON 30
WAKE FOREST 20