Anyone use Progressive Insurance company?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Agent 0659

:mj07:
Forum Member
Dec 21, 2003
Gym rat
As long as you looked into the savings of taking that coverage off, nothing wrong with keeping it on there. Make sure you have documented proof of how nice it is in case anything ever happens. Will be tough to get much from a claims adjuster for a 1992 unless you have a strong leg to stand on. Take a couple digital pics.

bsucards

BSU Cards
Forum Member
Sep 1, 2003
New Palestine Indiana
Agent is saving me over 1200 dollars this year on my car. I signed up with him back in like September and things are fine, although I almost hit a deer after I left his house, but other than that, I haven't had to use the insurance.

Thanks Agent

Agent 0659

Forum Member
Dec 21, 2003
Gym rat
bsucards said:
Agent is saving me over 1200 dollars this year on my car. I signed up with him back in like September and things are fine, although I almost hit a deer after I left his house, but other than that, I haven't had to use the insurance.

Thanks Agent

No thank you :thumb: Would have been some funny shit (not really) if you would have hit that deer though.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

fattymanboobs

Steammmmmm
Forum Member
I work for Progressive as a Claims Adjuster and will give you guys some insight on how they work.

Yes, we do try to nickle and dime you on stuff, but there is a standard for when we use aftermarket parts. Also any other business is going to try to save money any way they can, and Progressive is no different. Any vehicle older than 3 years or 36,000 miles is the only time we can do it, and only on non-safety or structural items. Why would you put OEM parts on a 97 Neon anyway? When repairing vehicles for claimants or insured, they have a network program with body shops in the area. The repairs are 100 percent guaranteed for the lifetime of owning the vehicle, and if not completely satisfied, fixed free of charge and the network will expedite your repairs. If choosing your own repair option, we will meet with that bodyshop, and get them to agree to our estimate and also give an estimated completion date. If they find hidden damage, we come out to do a supplement. We take pictures of everything, b/c you would be suprised how many body shops and people are dishonest (rolleyes)

I don't know how other companies do it, but Progressive is big in using the credit score to rate your premium. Ultimately we settle things in a fair and quick manner, while trying to save everyone money.

I am sure I am going to get blasted now...

Agent 0659

Forum Member
Dec 21, 2003
Gym rat
I wont blast you at all, you are being up front and honest. Maybe this is how YOU handle claims at Progressive but just last week I was on the phone when an adjuster bold face lied to an older lady(67) and told her they could put after market parts on her 2004 if they wanted to, when the LAW says 3 years and older only. Every company uses credit, thats no thing there although all companies grade the score differently. Unless I was high risk I would steer clear of Progressive.

fattymanboobs

Steammmmmm
Forum Member
I know Progressive is realy trying to forge their way into the 'conventional' market now,and they did get their foot in the door with high-risk. I will absolutely say that State Farm probably has some of the lowest premiums out there.

Not all of our reps are honest. But that guy definitely went about it wrong by saying I can put aftermarket on if I want to. I know a lot of bodyshops will insist on OEM or used, b/c they get a much higher markup on those parts. Sometimes insc is just luck of the draw. I don't know how agents stay in bus anymore, with so many companies wanting to go direct. Good luck to you agent!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg