B&H International

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Monarch

Forum Member
Feb 24, 2002
London
Congratualtions to Malcolm Makenzie last week on what I think is the most suprising victory I've witnessed for a long while.

A good opportunity this week to see how the Belfry is playing in preparation for the Ryder Cup and give our lads a chance to get some practice down.

Have had Goosen pencilled in for a while here. Have taken a little 12/1 @ Heathorns and may add a little more if sports.com open the champagne after what must have been a great week for the bookies. The Angel looked comfortable around here last yr and seems to have a nack of playing tough courses well, so will be looking out for a nice price for him also.

Clive

Forum Member
Apr 18, 2001
Oxford, England
www.take624.com
Heathorns always twitchy on a Monday...had 20ew on Gonzalez at 50/1 to start off the week and it was 40 two minutes later...doesn't take much.

12 Goosen trimmed by Spodds too

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bettingmad

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
Yorkshire, UK
www.bettingmad.com
Heathorns are twitchy all the time, don't know how they manage to sleep nights.

Still find it hard to believe that I once tried to place 3 ew singles, 3 ew doubles and an ew treble with them... and they knocked me back on the treble... "we might lose too much.... we don't take trebles on golf". Only a nutter like me would be so optimistic as to try a treble.... although... remembering as I type... I did nearly pull one off... and I think it was with them... Mickelson winner (Tour championship), Lowery winner (S Farm) and bottler Clarke runner up to Fulke (Volvo masters)... perhaps they spent all that weekend plopping... and vowed to never have to suffer that again.

Monarch

Forum Member
Feb 24, 2002
London
All the bookies seem to be getting a little twitchy this Monday. I think Spodds have been bringing their odds out a little earlier than usual the past few weeks and cutting the favourites back within a couple of hours. A fine display of frugal bookkeeping from dear William Hill as per usual. I often wonder why they bother running a golf book each week as invariably they are the least competitive firm out there. I guess all they really care about is the horses.

How are things going with your computer Stanley? Have those parts turned up yet?

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Clive

Forum Member
Apr 18, 2001
Oxford, England
www.take624.com
Could be Maggies worst nightmare this week...going for the Argentinian treble

Gonzalez 50/1 gone today, 40 best at the moment, hope for some more 50 tomorrow. Make the point that one bad round (78 & 80) has spoilt his two previous visits. Par would have put him well inside top 10 both times.

Cabrera 22/1 365...Surrey go 14...on the verge of great things imo

Romero 50/1 good show last year and threatened last week

Bmad ....do you note how I have managed to refrain from questioning your strategy this week?! Now where's that big stick that I used to keep Annika from placing?!

bettingmad

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
Yorkshire, UK
www.bettingmad.com
Clive,
I still think that for those players in those events my double was a reasonable bet... the big stick must have been the magic wand Inkster used to put a spell on the weather as Annika had to "play in the slop" most of the time.... did you tip the winner at the start? or was it another you added after the result :D

Monarch
Agree with you about Hills. But it is not just golf betting they are tight on... take the big footy match this week... they go 2.10 Man U, 3.20 Arsenal & 3.00 the draw giving a percentage of 112.2... the worst I have ever calculated on a footy match, S James go 110 and the latest betfair prices are 101.60

Clive

Forum Member
Apr 18, 2001
Oxford, England
www.take624.com
certainly no joy with Inkster, although did have some on Robbins...only post the decent sized bets, but often the savers come in, which can be frustrating when you haven't got enough on, but certainly limits the damage.

Was expecting Inkster to struggle this year, but she's playing well and must stand a good chance of defending this week.

Your point about Annika suffering the worst of the conditions shows exactly why I couldn't take that price. I'm sure you've seen the ng discussion on Tiger Woods price for the Open...bearing in mind all the variables, including weather, think he's a silly price.

If you're interested in the Goose, I'll be offering plenty of 10/1 plus later in the week on Betfair?!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

doonhamer

Forum Member
May 16, 2001
Scotland
Goosen

Goosen

Sports.com prices are just up and they have Goosen @ 16/1 in there first 4 market and 14/1 in there first 5 market my own pick is Paul McGinley he could not hole a putt to save himself last year and still finished 2nd haven't seen better than 33/1 yet . D

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ian

Forum Member
Sep 18, 2000
Exeter UK
www.sportsbettingindex.com
I think I will stick to the Seniors this week :D but I will have a couple of plays on Coltart - last time he played well at le Golf National he went on to finish 3rd here - 80/1 Bluesquare, Hills and 365 + the young Dougherty - 12th here last year 125/1 Sporting Odds

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Climbing on board the Goosen bandwagon ;)

Outright play (1.5 units):

Retief Goosen to win 14/1 e.w. @ Sports.com
A very early play, but don't expect this price to last long. Finished in the top-10 here last year on a course that suits his immaculate ball-striking and comes into the event in great form. Won his 3rd title of the year at the BellSouth Classic and came very close to winning the Masters. Should be at single figure odds on Thursday morning.

Monarch

Forum Member
Feb 24, 2002
London
Sports.com is turning into a real ram rade bookies. That 16/1 must have got hit pretty hard earlier and is now closed. Will add to my 1 unit ew at heathorns with 1/1/1 14/1 @ sports.com. Not sure if I'm getting carried away but I've been having 'Goosen Feelings' for the past 10 days :eek: ;) :eek:.

Like Clive I also took Cabrera 22/1 @ Bet 365 for 1 unit ew.

bettingmad

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
Yorkshire, UK
www.bettingmad.com
Been back for some 14 ew.... so it's 1 unit ew at 14 and 1 unit win at 16... funny but the confirmation screen for the 14 at 5 places states "1/4 first 5 places".... if he gets placed I can feel an argument brewing...

My second selection is Adam Scott, Qatar winner, Houston 6th and 9th on his Masters debut. Finished 5th here in 2000. Can't get above 25 at the moment... any 41.00 at betfair Clive?

Splashing out on some doubles this week as well with 2 good things in the Byron Nelson

milpalm

Forum Member
Mar 12, 2002
Lillestrom, Norway
It's Goosen at 16/1 [4 places] and Cabrera at 22/1 for me as well. Looking to add either Scott or McGinley but I'm not crazy about the prices currently on offer.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Monarch

Forum Member
Feb 24, 2002
London
I'm only a partial believer in the 'kiss of death'. If he falls flat on his face we all know to bet the house on him next week.

Wow, Sports.com have the Goose at 8/1 (5) and 10/1 (4). This forum must be 95% responsible.

Last edited: