B&H International

milpalm

Forum Member
Mar 12, 2002
Lillestrom, Norway
Finally found Scott at a decent price. Betdirect go 28/1. Scott won in Qatar and was 9th at the Masters. He was 5th at the Belfry in 2000.

Ian

Forum Member
Sep 18, 2000
Exeter UK
www.sportsbettingindex.com
Final choice for me is Paul Casey - been playing in US - not brilliantly but should be more at home back here where he finished 12th last year - 80/1 Vic Chandler
Have also been considering the man who should have won 2 years ago - Padraig - don't like the 14/1 outright but like the 10/1 at Luvbet as Top GB & Ire - that way I do not have to contend with all those Argies and the Goose!

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

doonhamer

Forum Member
May 16, 2001
Scotland
Luvbet have suspended betting on Harrington in the Top GB and Ire market a matchbet that catches the eye with them is Faldo to beat Little @ 10/11. D

steved

Forum Member
Feb 9, 2002
teddington. uk
Gone for
1 ew McGinley 33/1 Tote..Playing better than last year, driving further, better GIR..Played well in Masters, and then in Seve Trophy..hoping he has some new found confidence, because although has promised a lot, has not really delivered..
0.5 ew Green at 100/1 Chandler..18th and 6th last two years..will cover it with 1 at 11/2 to be top Aus player, again with VC..
Those of you looking for good week from Scott might want to cover at 2/1 in this market.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Adding (1.5 units):

Angel Cabrera to win 20/1 e.w. @ BetDirect
Very impressive record at the Belfry - 9th in 1999 and 2nd in 2000 - and equally impressive on the PGA Tour this year - four top-10 finishes from six starts. Cabrera has proved that he can play well on difficult courses and looks a good prospect if he can acclimatize to the chilly British weather.

Nick Faldo to win 66/1 e.w. @ Bet365 (available generally)
Very speculative as his last victory was over five years ago, but he has showed signs of his former self now that the distractions around his personal life have eased and he's been reunited with Fanny Sunesson. Started the season with three consecutive top-10s and was in contention in the Masters, eventually finishing 14th. Despite the selection of Cabrera, the course does not reward length, but shot-making and if those shoulders don't drop, then he should fare much better than a 66/ shot.

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Matchup plays (1.5 units unless stated):

Nick Faldo to beat Niclas Fasth -111 @ BetandWin [3 units]
Maybe I would have laid off the outright play on Faldo had I seen so many enticing matchups with him, but as long as he has a good week ... Opposing Fasth who has poor course form - none of six rounds under 70 - and has been in indifferent form this year bar his 2nd place finish to Els in Dubai. Could manage no better than a 75 in any round on his recent starts in the Tournament Players Championship and the Masters. The Ryder Cup will also be on the mind of this debutant.

Nick Faldo to beat Stuart Little -110 @ LuvBet [4.5 units]
Who? His namesake mouse is rather more famous. He has secured a 10th and 20th place finishes in two much weaker events in the last two weeks, but had previously made only one of six cuts this year. Has only played the Belfry once before - 1992 English Open - and broke par once in four rounds. Not expecting Little to make the weekend in such a big event.

Nick Faldo to beat Justin Rose -115 @ Intertops [4.5 units]
Poor course form - missed cut on only visit - and has played poorly in Europe so far - 56th, 17th and a missed cut. Everything else points to a good week from Rose - an excellent Southern Africa Tour season and a win in Japan last week - but traveling from the Canaries to Japan and back to chilly England in consecutive weeks is hardly ideal preparation, particularly following an overseas win.

Niclas Fasth to beat Stephen Leaney -110 @ LuvBet [3 units]
Opposing Leaney who has missed the cut on both his visits to the Belfry and has a poor record when beginning his European campaign. Should have checked that before I backed him last week! Fasth should make the weekend to secure the win here.

Nick O'Hern to beat Stephen Leaney -111 @ BetandWin
Two solid performances in the last two years here and an encouraging 11th place finish last week after a long layoff. Quite a contrast to Leaney.

Bernhard Langer to beat Ian Woosnam -120 @ Surrey
Twice a winner of this event, though not on this course, Langer is opening his European season after a solid spell on the PGA Tour and a 4th place finish at Harbour Town in his last event. Very dependable and sure to finish in the top-20. Not so sure with Woosie. Has played well at times this year, but has not been consistent and has played poorly on this course since this event has been staged here.

Monarch

Forum Member
Feb 24, 2002
London
72 Hole Matchups:

72 Hole Matchups:

Faldo v Little 10/11 @ LuvBet 4 Units
Scott v Westwood 10/11 @ LuvBet 3 Units

Both stood out to me. Was thinking I may be missing something with Little but Stanley seems fairly assured so I will join in.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Monarch

Forum Member
Feb 24, 2002
London
Stuart LITTLE (Wannabe Mouse):
img01_000478.jpg

Surely this man can't stop us Stanley.:shrug:

steved

Forum Member
Feb 9, 2002
teddington. uk
It's that Rocco/Choi feeling coming on...again...we really need to start up a separate post and chew the cud on this 'last weeks pick playing well this week' rule...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Monarch

Forum Member
Feb 24, 2002
London
Lets not get to despondent. Only 5 back of the places is nothing. I'm more concerned about Little.

bettingmad

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
Yorkshire, UK
www.bettingmad.com
Monarch,
"Let's not get too despondent... then I'm more concerned about Little"
Sounds like despondency has already set in on your match bet with only 1 shot between them!! Anyway it's good to be despondent now and again... then you appreciate the wins more when they come along :)

bettingmad

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
Yorkshire, UK
www.bettingmad.com
Mid-point update:
Goosen and Scott both only just scrape the cut... but it's nothing a 62 wouldn't put right tomorrow.

Must confess to a 3rd wager as steved frightened me with his "Mediate/Choi" comment so after expecting about 12/1 on Owen at the end of the lst round... was impressed by the 20/1 at bet365... and took some with betfair in mind.... sold it back in-running today at 9.40 and 10.00 so the profit is "locked-in" with no possible loss.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

steved

Forum Member
Feb 9, 2002
teddington. uk
well done BM, money safe already..
mid-point
McGinley could not have been worse, +11, his 3-ball, with Westwood and Casy finished 26 over..bet that was fun to follow..
Anyone know why, arm in sling, things like that?
Green still in there at -2, but he seems to be a bit of a 'steady eddie', so not expecting too much..
Will add 0.5 ew Jacquelin at 40/1 with SportingOdds.

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Mid-point update:

Faldo/Fasth WON by 6
Faldo/Little All Square
Faldo/Rose WON by 10
Fasth/Leaney WON by 2
O'Hern/Leaney WON by 7
Langer/Woosnam Trails by 3

Goosen 46th
Cabrera 13th
Faldo 37th

Looks like it's down to Faldo to make this a bumper week! Two wins and 7.5 units in the bag, he just needs to edge out Stuart Little now. Good week to oppose Leaney and if Cabrera can have a good weekend, this could be very sweet!