"Best" U.S. President

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

samayam

Forum Member
Feb 19, 2006
May have been a thread like this before, but I am curious who everyone thinks the best president of the U.S. has been. Define "best" as you see fit.

bryanz

Forum Member
Aug 8, 2001
Syracuse ny, usa
May have been a thread like this before, but I am curious who everyone thinks the best president of the U.S. has been. Define "best" as you see fit.

In my voting life it was Ronald Reagan, he may not be the best of all time but I would say he's #1 since 1960. How ironic you bring this up , as we struggle with the worst President since 1960.

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
In my voting life it was Ronald Reagan, he may not be the best of all time but I would say he's #1 since 1960. How ironic you bring this up , as we struggle with the worst President since 1960.

i guess you like massive debt cause this is what every neo con brings us. Debt and deficits are their specialties. People fail to realize when you create massive debt it trickles down to almost everything else in society. I will give him a slight pass tho because he was better than Carter or the two hedges

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

shamrock

Forum Member
Aug 12, 2001
Boston, MA
I would suggest Reagan is the most over rated president ever, as sponge says he brought massive debt, pushing for ridiculous wastes like star wars. Also he lied more than Clinton ever dreamed of, as he sat in congressional hearings saying "I don't recall" 300 or so. He did recall, and those were lies.

WhatsHisNuts

Woke
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2006
Earth
www.ffrf.org
"Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally. "
-Abraham Lincoln

While arguments can be made for a few others, I don't think any president has had a tougher go of it and I don't know that any one has made as positive of an impact on our country as Lincoln.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
Franklin Roosevelt.

It blows my mind that people can consider Reagan as even a decent president.

bryanz

Forum Member
Aug 8, 2001
Syracuse ny, usa
Franklin Roosevelt.

It blows my mind that people can consider Reagan as even a decent president.

I was going to ask how old you are, but I looked it up. I was 20 in 1980. You are to young to appreciate Ronald Reagan. Look at the country and the world pre RR , He left us better. I think that's indisputable.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Chadman

Realist
Forum Member
Apr 2, 2000
SW Missouri
I think this is a great question, and one people should use to learn a little, maybe research things. Off the cuff, my quick thought without study would be John F. Kennedy, but I should spend more time with it. If you ask me why, I probably will just have to point at Marilyn Monroe, say that proves he was pretty cool, and I think he generally is looked at as a good leader of people and a country. Went through some very tough times and was a great orator/motivator.

I am not picking yet, but hopefully this is a constructive thread, and not a mud-slinging one.

flapjack

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2004
James K. Polk

The guy set out to achieve 4 goals and vowed not to run for reelection. He achieved his goals - massively increasing the US and then left office. The guy set out a plan, efficiently executed it and then said "See you later, fools". As far as what those 4 goals were, I kinda forget - 1 was bringing Texas into the US which also got us Cali, N Mex and AZ to boot. Another was settling the dispute with England over the Canadian border which I believe got us WA and OR, after that I forget the other 2. Lincoln and Reagan also deserve props, but #2 in my book is Teddy Roosevelt. Ironically, another guy who turned down a chance to run for re-election - although he regretted it afterward and tried to get back in with a 3rd party.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

buddy

Forum Member
Nov 21, 2000
Pittsburgh, Pa.
I realize this doesn't pertain to the topic, but why is it that when I think of the song lyric "God bless America, land that I love....", I always think of Vincente Fox.

Never mind. It's just me.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
The best one that I have been able to evaluate in real time as an a dult would be Clinton. ...Of course, there are only 3 that meet that requirement.

I know DTB doesn't give Clinton any credit for anything good in the country during those years, but he was no doubt better than either Bush.

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
it's very tough to pinpoint who was the best president....for those who find this subject interesting should catch the hostory channel's series of shows titled "the presidents".....very interesting...

my list of presidents (in no particular order) who met the challenges they faced...

washington
jefferson
lincoln
fdr
truman
t. roosevelt

chad...

jfk was only president for 3 years & that's not enough time to make any kind of dent in american hisotry.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
jfk was only president for 3 years & that's not enough time to make any kind of dent in american hisotry.

gotta disagree with that. jfk make quite a dent in that short time, be it good or bad or both.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
iech bin ein berliner!

video of head being shot

"ask not what you can do..."

peace corps

cuban missiles

bay of pigs