Boxing 11/20 - 11/23

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
A lot of interesting fights coming up the next weekend.

I think its good to have an early thread where everybody can discuss a fight that he would bother to open an own thread for...

Apparently some of you like Br?hmers chances this weekend...actually I'm not sold on him...Br?hmer just moved up from supermiddle and he was dropped by Velaczco who is not particular hard hitter...

Garay has some skills...if this fight wasnt in Germany I would make Garay a solid fave....

crow

Forum Member
Jun 3, 2008
Garay is already a -150 favourite, and there might be good reasons for it.

Each time a local german fighter is the underdog against the visiting fighter he almost always loses.

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
to be fair I haven't seen much of Garay

my initial instincts were going on the home court advantage and the fact that I thought Brahmer was much improved last time out...

you guys make good points....I'm going to do some more research before deciding on a pick...

what do you all think of molitor-caballero? another tough call....

why is marsh fighting rocky dean again? (friday in the U.K.) weird...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
would you guys consider erdei a tougher nut to crack than brahmer?...

garay has 3 losses...a dq,and 2 decisions to edei(a split and a maj dec.)....

sounds like he gave ergdei all he could handle....

i know it`s a bad way to analyze a fight,but,how do you guys believe erdei would fare against brahmer?....

i`m honestly not that familiar with either guy...

weepaul

Forum Member
Sep 28, 2007
to be fair I haven't seen much of Garay

my initial instincts were going on the home court advantage and the fact that I thought Brahmer was much improved last time out...

you guys make good points....I'm going to do some more research before deciding on a pick...

what do you all think of molitor-caballero? another tough call....

why is marsh fighting rocky dean again? (friday in the U.K.) weird...
If I had to pick on the German fight, then I would pick Brahmer but unless he becomes a heavy underdog, I will stay away.

I am praying that the molitor-caballero odds are close as I will be all over Molitor. The kid has vast, underated skill.

The Marsh-Dean fight is kind of funny. Marsh beat Dean twice but only by 2 points in 10 rounders. Maybe 12 rounds gives Dean a better shot at long odds???

Good luck all :toast:

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
would you guys consider erdei a tougher nut to crack than brahmer?...

garay has 3 losses...a dq,and 2 decisions to edei(a split and a maj dec.)....

sounds like he gave ergdei all he could handle....

i know it`s a bad way to analyze a fight,but,how do you guys believe erdei would fare against brahmer?....

i`m honestly not that familiar with either guy...

I was going to write about that.
I think Erdei as as leightheavey is better than Br?hmer...or was better, I also think that stylistcally Erdei is a tougher match for Garay than Br?hmer.

I'm not recommending a play on Garay just yet...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
I was going to write about that.
I think Erdei as as leightheavey is better than Br?hmer...or was better, I also think that stylistcally Erdei is a tougher match for Garay than Br?hmer.

I'm not recommending a play on Garay just yet...

thank you brother...i was hoping to get some input from someone with first hand knowledge of erdei and brahmer...

not that it`s the be all and end all as far as capping this fight...but it`s more information to be considered...

much appreciated..

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
The Marsh-Dean fight is kind of funny. Marsh beat Dean twice but only by 2 points in 10 rounders. Maybe 12 rounds gives Dean a better shot at long odds???

Good luck all :toast:

Hmmm, I'm thinking about Dean actually, 2 points aint that much and the odds are pretty wide....

Would you recommend a play there wee!?

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
I'm leaning towards Molitor too, but Caballero is a beast...

my guess is Molitor will open a slight fav.....due to the undefeated record and the homecourt advantage...

can't wait for this fight

crazy story about Molitor's brother....

http://maxboxing.com/Kim/Kim111608.asp

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

weepaul

Forum Member
Sep 28, 2007
Hmmm, I'm thinking about Dean actually, 2 points aint that much and the odds are pretty wide....

Would you recommend a play there wee!?
Very, VERY small at best mate.

Marsh beat Pickering rather easily over 12 rounds.

I hope there are odds on Tackie/younger Hatton.

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
Very, VERY small at best mate.

Marsh beat Pickering rather easily over 12 rounds.

I hope there are odds on Tackie/younger Hatton.

Yeah, very ambitious match for the younger Hatton, it's 12 rounds, isnt it....gonna be hard 12 rounds for the younger Hatton....

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
BTW, what do you think about Hatton Malignaggi!?

Both fighters havent been impressive lately but have promised to turn things around...I see a fairly competetive fight, the thing is that I cant see Malignaggi keeping Hatton away from him...Malignaggi hasnt been particularly hard to hit lately and he doesnt have any meaningful punching power...I see Hatton winning most rounds on agression...I just dont know whether he is worth a shot at those odss as Malignaggi is no pushover...maybe I'm going to wait until I see Paulies haircut for the fight... ;-)

Malignaggi has shown some toughness though....

So far I bet on the fight to go over 6 rounds @-500, Hatton 10-12 @+1400, and fight ends in MD / SD @+550

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
Thanks for digging up the Hatton/Malig thread, Ghost Kid. I flip-flopped on it, final decision is Hatton small risk or no play, maybe a Paulie dec prop if I can get +300ish.

I don't like the Paulie-McGirt pairing, and I don't think Paulie has the power or the slickness to keep Hatton off him for 12 rounds. Hatton also has more promo pull and can make TONS of money for everyone in future fights, I see him getting the nod if it's close. Don't be surpirsed if DLH/Hatton comes off next year.

People point to the Cotto fight as proof of Paulie's chin, but Hatton doesn't work your chin, he works your stamina and your willpower. I can see a stoppage win for Hatton, just on accumulation, bodywork, frustration, and fatigue in the Malig corner. Plus McGirt has no gameplan, so if things start to get rough, don't expect any strategic adjustments.

Im suspicious of how much Mayweather Sr can teach Hatton in 2 months, especially when he's crticizing Hatton for being a boozebag and out-of-shape. If they spend the camp making weight, then of what use was Sr?

IMO, Hatton's trainer is neutral, Paulie's is a negative.

As for Molitor/Callabero, I also think it's a high-risk pick. I've seen Molitor several times, he lives and fights in the same province as me. If I wasn't such a lazy dough-head, I could've attended this fight live.

Molitor can fight. He has sufficient punching power but has been facing some iron-chinned opponents as of late. It's not so much power as it is accuracy and timing, he's a true boxer. He doesn't hang around the pocket much and should be able to get in and out vs a tall fighter like Callabero. Great footwork and combintions, strong chin, solid power, great stamina. He had bad cuts in his last 2 fights, but they were so close it could've been unhealed scar tissue, he's had decent rest since then. There's also an intensity about him, he's very serious and seems genuinely committed to boxing greatness moreso than money and fame. There's no charisma or showmanship, he really wants to be the best, and train's like a mofo.

In his fight against Battery, Molitor went nuts for the first 7 rounds going for the KO, and looked sloppy and undisciplined. Since then he's fought more smoothly and tactically, not looking for the KO, just methodically outboxing his opponents through 12. If he has to stick to a strict gameplan vs Callabero, I trust he can do ti without fatiguing late.

I haven't seen enough of Callabero to judge him. Looks like we have some youtubing ahead of us!

Last edited:

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
Some interesting thoughts on Hatton Paulie!

Caballero is extremely rangy, so naturally that seems to spell trouble for a shorter counterpuncher like Molitor, but Caballero is sloppy so there will be enough opportunities for Molitor to land...I dont know though if Molitor can take Caballeros punch without flinching....

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

frank s.

Forum Member
Dec 11, 2004
McGirt, the "black hole" is my main concern here. He is snake bit me thinks. I agree with the ghost-meister; Paulie by SD. Big odds here!

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
McGirt, the "black hole" is my main concern here. He is snake bit me thinks. I agree with the ghost-meister; Paulie by SD. Big odds here!

they showed ricky in the ufc audience last saturday night and when the camera panned on him he smiled and raised a beer......lol

i hope he beats malignaggi...how can you not like hatton?.....:lol: