I personally believe Berto wins ITD so that will be my play
but if you are backing Collazo, decision would be the play
He doesn't hit hard enough to KO Berto
good luck

:toast:

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
Unbeaten southpaw, WBC#14/WBA#13 Yoshimitsu Yashiro (21-0-2, 12 KOs), 129.75, very barely kept his Japanese national super-feather belt as he survived a couple of visits to the deck and desperately dominated the last two sessions down the stretch to be awarded a split draw (95-95, 94-94 and 94-96 against him) with mandatory challenger Takashi Miura (15-2-1, 13 KOs), 130, over furiously hard-fought ten heats on Saturday in Tokyo, Japan

Nice hit Romi !
Great weekend for you !

Edit: oh I didn't read carefully, not an SD but a draw.....still not a loss bro...all good !

NO complaints from me. i took the fight based on Miuras week resume and yashiro had beaten the much better opposition. It appeared yashiro was done after the brutal body shots he took but he came back to get a draw. I'll take the push. Not sure if I'm going to have any plays later on but considering something on the British fight. Best of luck to you today ghost!

crow

Forum Member
Jun 3, 2008
those are extremely good odds on Collazo decision
I personally believe Berto wins ITD so that will be my play

If i remember right, weren't you on Berto ITD vs Forbes ?
I think people are exagerating Berto's power; Collazo is the best oponnent he's ever faced, a durable talented southpaw who went forward vs Mosley with a broken thumb.

Berto should win this on points, or maybe by late KO, but he's got holes in his defense that Collazo can exploit, and his chin isn't very sturdy according to his amateur exploits.

I will add a late rds hedge; at least one of us will win.

I also took a medium wager on the Argentine Tyson to last 4 rds or more vs Alekseev; i've never seen him, but his records is good and he's one scary looking MOFO; if the ALL American prise fighter lasted 3 rds with Alekseev, ...

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
You have a good memory crow
I was on Berto LARGE to KO Forbes
maybe I am putting too much faith in Berto here
but I actually think Stevie is a tougher out than Collazo
just my opinion, but I think Berto will look good tonight
Collazo too inactive and just not that good
I will gladly eat humble pie and give props to you guys if the Brooklyn kid proves me wrong

Good luck today....I agree with you on the Argentine fighting Alekseev....scary looking dude

cheers

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
OK
I know this is in the wrong thread, but I had to mention it for us boxing buffs

March 21st...i just read Roy Jones is going to fight Omar Sheika !

Omar freakin' Sheika !?!?!

How embarrassing ! Oh how the mighty have fallen.

crow

Forum Member
Jun 3, 2008
I will gladly eat humble pie and give props to you guys if the Brooklyn kid proves me wrong

Good luck today....I agree with you on the Argentine fighting Alekseev....scary looking dude

cheers

I should be the one eating humble pie on not pulling the trigger on yesterdays matches...:142smilie

Seeing his good performances, i was tempted by Hernandez to beat Mc Girt, but after coming back from holidays i didn't feel like spending 3 hours to cap this.

We're helping each other on this board, and diverging opinions are a +.

Good luck everybody.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
I added the over on Mcalister/Murray -270 9 1/2 med/lrge...this should be my last wager but still considering Berto -500. A bit wide on that but I like the way he took over the forbes fight. Collazo should provide a good test. Perhaps I'll just enjoy the fight over a cold one.

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
Collazo by dec is +950 at the Greek, and i gave it a medium wager.
These are excellent odds for a fight likely to be very close.
I already took the over 10.5 ( medium), so if Berto wins it won't be a big loss.

Berto is HBO's boy, has the better promo backing, and the location is closer to Berto's turf than Collazo's.

If it's close, I highly doubt Collazo gets it. I see a flash KD here, and Berto's chin is unproven. Collazo is accurate if not powerful, I don't think a stoppage win is out of the question, especially if he realizes his slim chance on the cards.

crow

Forum Member
Jun 3, 2008
Berto is HBO's boy, has the better promo backing, and the location is closer to Berto's turf than Collazo's.

If it's close, I highly doubt Collazo gets it. I see a flash KD here, and Berto's chin is unproven. Collazo is accurate if not powerful, I don't think a stoppage win is out of the question, especially if he realizes his slim chance on the cards.

You really never know with the judges.

I remember Oliver Mc Call getting a very close decision in Turkey vs Samil Sam a few years ago; Mc Call by dec was +1100.

I will add a medium play for Berto by dec in a few hours..

The promotion favours Berto, but if Collazo decks him early or/and dominates, ...

I don't believe Collazo is a finisher; if he gets Berto in trouble he will be content racking up points and trust the judges. It's not like he's from Ghana...New York fighters are popular too...

But you can't make provisions on how badly hurt a fighter will get, so i took the +950 odds.

Collazo ITD should be even higher...

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
I agree Collazo ITD should be higher than Collazo decision, and you got a very good line at +950.

This would have been a great fight for live betting. After a few rounds it should be clear if Berto can adjust to Collazo's initial awkwardness, or if Collazo has a plan B. I expect Berto to dominate the late rounds of the fight. Oh well.

Good luck!

crow

Forum Member
Jun 3, 2008
I expect Berto to dominate the late rounds of the fight. Oh well.

Good luck!

Berto has very good stamina for a muscular build ; but Collazo is very relaxed in the ring, which i believe will favour him in the late rds.

I don't know who Evans picked, but Doug Fisher gives Collazo a very good shot.

I play this for nothing ( hedges)

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
I was thinking the same thing old dirty !
all the unders and all the dogs !
Amazing !
:mj07:

olddirtyfighter

Forum Member
Nov 14, 2008
straight betting is evil
i allways have problems pulling the trigger on the dog
weekends like this are helping me to become better caper
:00x32