Boxing 5/20 - 5/22

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

MayorgaFan

Forum Member
Dec 12, 2003
you know rafa gonna blast away and he seems to have more in the tank

Based off what exactly? With all the sureries and stuff Vasquez has had 1 fight since there 3rd fight. Marquez has also only had 1 fight. Despite the fact that he stopped a bum in the 3 he didn't look the same to me either.

MayorgaFan

Forum Member
Dec 12, 2003
i`ve always been a huge marquez fan...i remember one of my biggest internet paydays was when marquez beat tim austiin to win the belt...

i`m admittedly biased,but to this day,i think marquez is the better fighter(strictly from a technical perspective)...i just think that like many fighters,he went up one weight class too many.....similar to arguello and pryor...even the greatest hit the wall...

Part of what made Marquez good was he was bigger than guys at 118. He is 1 of those guys that puts on 15-18 pounds after the weigh in, he really didn't have a choice but to move up. Even so he's only moved up 1 weight division to fight Vasquez.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

THE_THONG

Forum Member
May 2, 2008
Victoria's Secret
Based off what exactly? With all the sureries and stuff Vasquez has had 1 fight since there 3rd fight. Marquez has also only had 1 fight. Despite the fact that he stopped a bum in the 3 he didn't look the same to me either.

i analyzed rafa's last performance from the waist down
:00hour

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
Part of what made Marquez good was he was bigger than guys at 118. He is 1 of those guys that puts on 15-18 pounds after the weigh in, he really didn't have a choice but to move up. Even so he's only moved up 1 weight division to fight Vasquez.

he wasn`t bigger than tim austin....i think what made him good was a mix of technical expertise and power...

vasquez is just naturally a little too big and strong....he`s the naturally bigger guy...that`s a fact..that`s why he made his bones at jr feather and marquez at bantam...

it`s a case of one guy being big at a a lower weight and the other guy being big at a higher weight....

i`m trying to state this without demeaning vasquez(cause the guy deserves mad respect)...but he`s 1-1 vs larios...and his other most noteworthy win was vs another guy moving up in weight(jhonny gonzales)....

if you`re honest about it,his best wins(aside from the larios rematch) were vs two guys moving up...

while their records are comparable,marquez and vasquez` resumes really aren`t....

all that`s not to say that i don`t like vasquez here....he can eat punches all day vs guys and somehow keep coming...he`s a throwback as far as taking punishment and being able to fight through it...you can`t teach that...

if he did what marquez did(moved up one weight class)...given his style... and fought the best at featherweight,it might get ugly....

we`ll never know `cause vasquez ain`t fighting the big dogs at featherweight...then everyone could legitimately worry about him getting seriously hurt...

that`s just my opinion...

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
fromwatchkalibrun.com:

DonKing__medium.jpg

Well, we know what Don King would do with a million dollars, stuff it into two duffel bags to keep Ricardo Mayorga from competing in a MMA fight:

[the judge] required King to post a $1 million cash bond in case Shine wins an appeal and can prove damages. In less than two hours, King brought the money in cash stashed in two duffel bags to the court.

"I felt like Clint Eastwood speeding down the highway with a fistful of dollars," King said.

Wow, talk about slamming the door shut on Shine fights.

Also, how does Don King just have a million in cash lying around? Is he Joe from The Wire or what?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

punchmaster

Forum Member
Apr 22, 2007
It's obvious to me from some recent photos on Fightnews, looking at Izzy's right eye, the one with the 3 surgeries, not the same guy. Sad. Enough is enough. I'm happy with the 3 fights. I hope this one somehow ends quick.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Provodnikov to fight Augustus on FNF

For this weekend's Friday Night Fights, Frankie Figueroa has pulled out of his fight against Ruslan Provodnikov. Instead, the Siberian will be facing the Emmanuel Augustus.