Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
Another good week for boxing.

Arthur vs. Cook
Barrios vs. Juarez
Khan vs. Prescott
Katsidis vs. Diaz

So far I made only a few minor bets.
I expect Diaz to stop Katsidis late, Diaz is not a top notch puncher but Diaz seems to be very focussed and Katsidis is prone to cuts.
So, that may be worht a shot.

Barrios Juarez is almost too close too call, since this fight is in Texas and Juarez underwent surgery...maybe a draw...the over looks solid too...

A line that rally jumped out to me was Khan WPTS +1200 (stanjames,...)
I mean his opponent is unbeaten so far, he has never been down, at least thats whats on boxrec, he might just turn out to be a very tough guy...thats quite a gamble, but those odds are pretty good.

I would love to hear some feedback or opinions on other fights...

weepaul

Forum Member
Sep 28, 2007
Cook has a good chance against Arthur.

I won't touch the Khan fight but you are getting great odds on the decision win, so it,s worth a flutter.

Katsidis is far too dangerous to be +300 in my opinion. Diaz should win on cuts but Katsidis has heart. He will not go down easily.

Rocky over Barrios is my pick of the week. I am going to pound this for a shit load of money.
Rocky only loses (by decision) to the best of the best.

Barrios has trouble when he has to go rounds. Rocky has never come close to being stopped.
Barrios is a wild swinging, slowish slugger. Rocky can box and has the crisper boxing style.
The fight is being held in Rocky's home town.

Good luck.

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
I was thinking about Cook too, and you are right, Katsidis might be a bit underrated, now that he lost to Casa.

Rocky, hmmm...but he has dissapointed me a little too often, I dont know, he's not too active, that might cost him, but he said he had problems with his vision and thats fixed now, plus the fight is in his hometown...and he's the underdog.

BTW, Barrios looked pretty strong in the later rounds against Guzman, didnt he!?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

weepaul

Forum Member
Sep 28, 2007
I was thinking about Cook too, and you are right, Katsidis might be a bit underrated, now that he lost to Casa.

Rocky, hmmm...but he has dissapointed me a little too often, I dont know, he's not too active, that might cost him, but he said he had problems with his vision and thats fixed now, plus the fight is in his hometown...and he's the underdog.

BTW, Barrios looked pretty strong in the later rounds against Guzman, didnt he!?
Barrios did pretty good against Guzman in the later rounds but I think that had a lot to do with Guzman pissing about and getting tired.

I believe Barrios is more of a frontrunner type of fighter. He does great blowing people out of the water in the first half of the fight but if he fails to do so, he does not fair as well.
Rocky will still be swinging in round 12.
It must be a delight to fight the wild Barrrios after having the consumate technicians Marquez and Barrerra as your last couple of opponents.
I am not a big fan of Rocky at all but Barrios is made to order and will make him look great.

I am putting good sized bets on Katsidas, Cook and the UFC underdogs Evans, Hammil, Palhares and Yoshida. With another bet on slight favourite Marquardt.
They are nothing compared to the HUGE wager I have on Rocky.

This weekend is an underdogs paradise and the Rocky bet is a gift from the Gods.

Good luck.

THE_THONG

Forum Member
May 2, 2008
Victoria's Secret
shame on Rocky if he gets outworked,

BUT my jockitch been tellin me Rocky will light this free swinging fool up even though he working with Rudy

hopefully Rudy Perez's guys have a losing streak that started with Martin Castillo

i'm rooting for Rocky and Katsidis!!! yeah

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
I'd be more than a little nervous laying it out on Juarez. I lost pretty good on the Rocky/Soto fight. I didn't think it was even close but had Rocky made a push in the last rd he could have won. Soto had him hurt late in the going. He had a few moments against the faded Barerra but he simply couldn't or wouldn't step it up. He also looked ordinary against Hernandez. "Patient to the nth degree" defines him perfectly. I agree a fighter that stays in front of him suits him well but I'm not convinced Rocky can step it up. Best of luck to you Paul.

weepaul

Forum Member
Sep 28, 2007
I'd be more than a little nervous laying it out on Juarez. I lost pretty good on the Rocky/Soto fight. I didn't think it was even close but had Rocky made a push in the last rd he could have won. Soto had him hurt late in the going. He had a few moments against the faded Barerra but he simply couldn't or wouldn't step it up. He also looked ordinary against Hernandez. "Patient to the nth degree" defines him perfectly. I agree a fighter that stays in front of him suits him well but I'm not convinced Rocky can step it up. Best of luck to you Paul.
Barrios is not in Soto's class. Of course, we had no idea how good Soto really was but I know exactly what Barrios is.
I have never been a big fan of Rocky but Barrios is made to measure and I can see Rocky "lighting this freeswinging fool up" as Thong so eloquently put it.

weepaul

Forum Member
Sep 28, 2007
He had a few moments against the faded Barerra.
As you pointed out Romi. This is one of the things I am counting on. He had some great moments against the slugging Barrera and then was outclassed when Barrera boxed.
Barrios does not have a game plan B and Barrera is a better class of slugger than Barrios.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
my two cents:

Juarez has been EXTREMELY disappointing at times, but styles makes fights.

Barrios is right in front of him with wide looping shots.

plus, a VERY long layoff for Barrios.

I think, in Houston, Juarez pulls it out...decision or possibly late stoppage if Barrios has trouble making the weight.

If Juarez can't win this one, he should quit.

Katsidis-Diaz, on the other hand, I'm having a tough time with. Two warriors. I favor diaz, but not enough to lay the price. just going to sit back and enjoy this one.

As for the British fights, I don't know much about Cook or Arthur. but that Khan decision prop sounds tasty.

Also Kirkland and Antillon should get KOs Friday.

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
Diaz inside +135 pretty big, also took Juarez by decision/tech dec. +240.

The line on Juarez is dropping on every book Ive checked (which isn't many), I have a feeling the man will play him.

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
and still no Tim Bradley line! what the hell are they waiting for? I had planned to parlay him with most of this weekend's bets, I love parlays between two weekends, the money doesn't sit long and you have time to consider a hedge.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
J Diaz has 1.5 full months of from school to train, he looked sharp in the open workout. What frustrated me is he NEVER moved to his right and punched. He moved to his right, then stopped and punches, then moved back to his left, but he never gave me the impression he could counter or throw confidently from any position.

I'm a stickler about movement and comfort in any position, those are amateur-level fundamentals.

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
Kats inside +475 is a good line, I took that too as a hedge for my bigger J Diaz bets. I think he'll be outclassed in this fight but he does have great punching power, which is the only thing keeping this from being a lock. Kats winning a decision in Houston? with his face smeared in blood? I dont see it.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
side to side by either guy would be smart,but,i`m not sure that movement will be very much of a factor in this fight.....certainly not from katsidis....the guy`s amazingly one dimensional...

i think this comes down to an imposition of wills...
both coming off extremely physical hard fought losses....

i watched everything i could on katsidis on youtube,and i don`t think he`s the puncher his record would lead you to believe...

he`s strictly a straight forward,pressure fighter... wearing guys out with pressure,not power...

unfortunately for him,diaz does it better...

worried that diaz might try and be the slicker guy...he can outbox katsidis if he chooses....but,thats not really his style and katsidis won`t let him rest for to long...

i just can`t feature katsidis chasing diaz around the ring...and any way it shakes out,katsidis will get hit...he`s no defensive wizard...

both guys inside(the red flag goes up in my mind...that`s never stopped me before) with a "heavy lean" to diaz(already have him parred to boot).......

i see diaz wearing katsidis down...maybe cutting him up...

i wish diaz was a better puncher to the head...his body work is a.o.k....

it`s gonna be an action packed fight,however long it lasts...

Last edited:

crow

Forum Member
Jun 3, 2008
Glad to see somebody elses are on Juarez.
I took it at + 145 on Pinnacle; fighting at home ( in TEXAS , to boot) against a super feather a bit long in the tooth and inactive for a long period.

Barrios has been banged up already a bit by Freitas, and Juarez CAN hit as hard as Freitas.

They took Barrios because they thought he could be beat, so...Big- medium wager for me.

Hellephant

Forum Member
May 2, 2006
Sweden
Like many others, I see Diaz giving Katsidis a big beating. Diaz is solid and class above. I have money on Diaz at -300. In my book, it's close too risk free.
Like others, I can't see this fight going the distance. There should be good value in Diaz via KO. Especially at bodog, where Diaz by KO still is offerd at +160! There is a shitty limit of 200? at bodog, but Diaz by KO +130 is available at other bookies, and that is good too.
I haven't felt this good about a bet in a long time. It must be since November last year. When I had 5000$ on Kessler :clap:

Andrey

Forum Member
Aug 28, 2005
ThrGreek lowered boxing limits

ThrGreek lowered boxing limits

Is the TheGreek lowered limits to $300 on boxing? Is anyone who use TheGreek can you confirm it?
For the second week in the row I notice that limits on boxing in the TheGreek not like it used to be $500 but only $300. So is anyone experiences this also or it is just on my account?

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
Im getting impatient waiting to play Diaz, Im holding out hope that the man plays Katsidis, which could bring Diaz down to -250 for a few hours.

A decision win is possible, but Katsidis is so simple and 1-dimensional, I doubt Diaz would have to adjust anything tactically. I don't see him trying to outslick Katsidis since his usual style should be so effective, if he wants Kats out before 8 he can have it. This is Arturo Gatti vs an elite. Im already very big on ITD, might buy some dec. +210 as a hedge.

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
Juan said it a recent interview he was in fact distracted by Don King's antics in his last fight, King went out of his way to throw him under the bus. Juan went in with a boxing gameplan but wanted to prove a point to King, to embarrass him by knocking Nate out. He ignored instructions from the corner and fought Nate's fight, and refused to change gameplans.

Now he's apparently happy as ever at Golden Boy.

Good interview for Diaz backers.