Boxing 7/10 - 7/11

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
hmm, that was a mediocre weekend for me, I played a lot of dogs, but not many came through.
Spada and Gevor really come thisclose to winning, of course I knew that it would be hard for them in Germany, but at 3 or nearly 4 to 1, I had to take a shot. :shrug:

I dont know, maybe thats the wrong approach to bet on underdogs who dont have great power!? :shrug:

Maybe, I could have been more selective...

Oh and BTW, where is GhostKid?!
It's Sunday noon and there is no new thread for next week.
I'm a little worried about him.
;-)

:director: APB for Ghost. Just let us know you are alive and well man.

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
Well it's official, I've become a certifiable gambling degenerate :( . Yesterday I was pulling for Gevor in his fight with Sturm. I'm convinced he won the fight as he pressed the action throughout, threw countless more punches and essentially made the fight. I ripped into the judges for blatantly screwing Gevor on the cards. HOWEVER, this morning I was going through my accts and realized I had placed a wager on Sturm. It wasn't a large wager but still collected 75.00 bucks on it. So in all fairness I must extend my gratitude to the judges in Germany for they have cemented my faith in their ongoing corruptness :142smilie.

Last edited:

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
I'm alive and working on the new thread guys

Cristobal Cruz took the wind out of my sales BIG TIME
He all but decimated one of my accounts
This was a STUNNING result

Solis was younger, had the height and reach advantage, had only lost to the best fighter in the world (Pacquiao), and had already beaten Cruz by a WIDE UD in 2003 !

I did not research this fight enough (regarding the crowd response for Cruz), but I still would have NEVER picked against Solis when he so CLEARLY beat the dude previously (I was at the fight in 2003).

If that doctor hadn't stopped the Adamek fight between 4 and 5 (I had the under) it would have been my worst week ever!
:scared
Thank you to that doctor and Selcuk Aydin for keeping me afloat

If I showed some of you my bets the last month or so - I'm telling you, the stats are just heartbreaking. I have had really shit luck (or done some REALLY BAD capping ! LOL)

My percentage for picking winners is very high and I have even hit a few good dogs over the last 6 weeks, but I was HIGHLY EXPOSED on 3 fights. Angulo. Kretschmann. and now Solis. Fail. Fail. and Fail.

Chalk can wipe you out man. Like a tornado.

I'm also in between jobs right now, so the stress got to me a bit last night.

UNDERDOGS that won this weekend:
Agbeko, Chris Henry, Ivan Kirpa and fukin Cruz

Spada and Gevor were close (I thought Gevor deserved the nod - as do the good folks as badlefthook.com)

New thread in a few minutes

Congrats Romi! Awesome week for you bro !

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
I'm alive and working on the new thread guys

Cristobal Cruz took the wind out of my sales BIG TIME
He all but decimated one of my accounts
This was a STUNNING result

Solis was younger, had the height and reach advantage, had only lost to the best fighter in the world (Pacquiao), and had already beaten Cruz by a WIDE UD in 2003 !

I did not research this fight enough (regarding the crowd response for Cruz), but I still would have NEVER picked against Solis when he so CLEARLY beat the dude previously (I was at the fight in 2003).

If that doctor hadn't stopped the Adamek fight between 4 and 5 (I had the under) it would have been my worst week ever!
:scared
Thank you to that doctor and Selcuk Aydin for keeping me afloat

If I showed some of you my bets the last month or so - I'm telling you, the stats are just heartbreaking. I have had really shit luck (or done some REALLY BAD capping ! LOL)

My percentage for picking winners is very high and I have even hit a few good dogs over the last 6 weeks, but I was HIGHLY EXPOSED on 3 fights. Angulo. Kretschmann. and now Solis. Fail. Fail. and Fail.

Chalk can wipe you out man. Like a tornado.

I'm also in between jobs right now, so the stress got to me a bit last night.

UNDERDOGS that won this weekend:
Agbeko, Chris Henry, Ivan Kirpa and fukin Cruz

Spada and Gevor were close (I thought Gevor deserved the nod - as do the good folks as badlefthook.com)

New thread in a few minutes

Congrats Romi! Awesome week for you bro !

I hear you Bro and trust me, I feel your pain. I have a high winning % as well but a few HUGE losses have killed me. If I take away 2 wagers, Margacheeto- loss of 6500.00 and Kretchman -nearly 5k loss then I'm having a pretty decent year. 2 fcking chalk wagers cost me 11.5k :mj07:. I have to laugh at it and stay objective otherwise emotion will dictate and that's when it's all over. The calls werent bad based on what we knew, but the ammounts wagered were plain fcking stupid. I consider myself a student of the game and am always learning so hopefully won't make the same dumb dec again. Hang in there. You are a good capper but like me you get a lttle carried away with the money management on occasion.

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
The irony in taking Jorge Solis last night?

I was all geaked about the UFC card, but I thought to myself,
"Don't go crazy here. MMA is unpredictable. Bet what you know. Stick with the sure thing. Take the boxing chalk. Solis is the safe bet."

What happens?

Cruz upsets Solis
and all five betting favorites on the televised UFC card
(Akiyama, Henderson, Fitch, GSP, Lesnar) all win. Akiyama being the only one even close.

The sweet science has failed me!
:mj07: :mj07: :mj07:

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
Chalk wagers are really dangers.

I think Angulo is the perfect example...IMO he beats Cintron 9 times out of 10 if he's well. of course, you make some stupid calls, but there is just no way you can predict if a boxer is ill or a fight ist stopped because of a headbutt or such things...

The only way to protect against such losses is staying away from huge favorites and conservative moneymanagment.

I personally like to go for underdogs...but unfortunately they are usually not meant to win and they have to be a little better than the favs to get the nod (on the judges cards)...
:( :shrug:

Bet on MyBookie