Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Cory Spinks ..... Sore Loser

Cory Spinks ..... Sore Loser

IBF JUNIOR MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
CORY SPINKS VS. CORNELIUS BUNDRAGE

CORY SPINKS
?The referee stopped the fight, but I don?t know why. I totally disagree. He didn?t even hit me and I lost my title.?

TRAINER BUDDY MCGIRT
?Cory is a world champion and I think a world champion deserves the benefit of the doubt in that situation.?

REFEREE MARK NELSON
?Spinks had a staggered and dazed look. He shook his head (after the knockdown) as if to say, no. At the count of eight, he stepped backwards and I didn?t want his opponent to hit him again in that condition.?

CORNELIUS BUNDRAGE
?I knew I was going to get him. It was just a matter of time. I want Manny Pacquaio next. I am thankful. We have the best team in the land with Keith Lee, Emanuel Steward and Don King. I went after it. He was right there at the opening bell, so I went for it. I went right after him. It was just a matter of time.?

EMANUEL STEWARD
?It was a good fight. It could have been better. He was too anxious. He wasted a lot of energy. It has never been in this big of a fight. He is in a hot division and I am sure he will get a lot of offers.?

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
ANDRIY KOTELNIK
?I want the belt. I deserve it. If the fight were anywhere but here, I would be champion. I am speechless. I have no words to describe what happened. That guy has something that belongs to me.?

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Went to the fights last night and it was a great, great event.

Looked like a fun card Eddie
Good fights
How did the Spinks stoppage look in person?
Every account I read said he was getting destroyed and the stoppage was appropriate, but today he and McGirt are bitching about it.
:shrug:

matt19780

Forum Member
Sep 14, 2002
Matt back at it, and great capping once again!!!!

3 for 3, nice capping my brother!!!!

Thanks Quanah. This was my best week in a long time. Keep up the good work on the underdog capping. You have some real talent at picking the underdog winners. :0008

Let's get'em next week!

HurricaneEddy

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2007
Looked like a fun card Eddie
Good fights
How did the Spinks stoppage look in person?
Every account I read said he was getting destroyed and the stoppage was appropriate, but today he and McGirt are bitching about it.
:shrug:

Very fun card, Ghost.

The Spinks stoppage was legit.

Bundrage jumped on him early and staggered him numerous times the first 2 rounds (Spinks was badly hurt at the end of the second). Spinks was on his bike the whole fight but had some moments in the 4th peppering K-9 for most of the round while he catching his breath.

In the final round Spinks was gassed. He got bumped out of the ring at one point when K-9 was stalking him. He just didn't have the legs (maybe ring rust or lack of conditioning while training....he also has McGirt in his corner....yeah).
K-9 trapped him on the ropes at one point and just kept throwing short mean right hands that kept finding their home. He cocked back each time and threw about 5 mean shots. The last one snapped Spinks' head back to where he was looking straight up and he went down right afterwards. The ref called it because Spinks didn't come forward after the ref wiped his gloves and asked him to continue (he kinda stumbled a bit too)

Afterwards he stood in the ring with a blank stare on his face (ala Judah 2) and was crying while his girlfriend kept wiping his tears. He was on the jumbotron and kept "wording" that he never even got hit. The crowd booing like nuts. Very entertaining shit.

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Very fun card, Ghost.

The Spinks stoppage was legit.

Bundrage jumped on him early and staggered him numerous times the first 2 rounds (Spinks was badly hurt at the end of the second). Spinks was on his bike the whole fight but had some moments in the 4th peppering K-9 for most of the round while he catching his breath.

In the final round Spinks was gassed. He got bumped out of the ring at one point when K-9 was stalking him. He just didn't have the legs (maybe ring rust or lack of conditioning while training....he also has McGirt in his corner....yeah).
K-9 trapped him on the ropes at one point and just kept throwing short mean right hands that kept finding their home. He cocked back each time and threw about 5 mean shots. The last one snapped Spinks' head back to where he was looking straight up and he went down right afterwards. The ref called it because Spinks didn't come forward after the ref wiped his gloves and asked him to continue (he kinda stumbled a bit too)

Afterwards he stood in the ring with a blank stare on his face (ala Judah 2) and was crying while his girlfriend kept wiping his tears. He was on the jumbotron and kept "wording" that he never even got hit. The crowd booing like nuts. Very entertaining shit.

"crying while his girlfriend kept wiping his tears"
:mj07: :mj07: :mj07: :mj07: :mj07: :mj07: :mj07:
god
worth the price of admission just for that....I HAVE TO SEE tape of this.....hilarious
thanks Eddy for the account of the action
:0074

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
6807_586.jpg

Why did the ref stop it?....Cory looks totally OK in this photo.

:mj07: :mj07: :mj07: :mj07: :mj07: :mj07: :mj07: :mj07:

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
<object width='640' height='480'><param name='movie' value='http://images.ringtv.com/7.0.2/swf/video.swf?sa=1&si=7&i=274'></param><param name='wmode' value='transparent'></param><embed src='http://images.ringtv.com/7.0.2/swf/video.swf?sa=1&si=7&i=274' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='transparent' width='640' height='480'></embed></object>

Bet on MyBookie