COTTO V CLOTTEY

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
sheesh:shrug: ...condolences to clottey backers....homecourt and the puerto ricvan day parade tomorrow apparently really helped cotto...

i feel your pain....could easily have gone clottey`s way...

i think that cotto was a beast at 140...not so much at 147...

Kramden

Forum Member
Apr 8, 2008
Clottey was a good play but it was going to be hard to win in NYC via decision. Cotto looked like he was going to get a KO in the 6th and then he backed up for the remainder of the fight. Perhaps he blew his load or the cut simply bothered him too much. Cotto has the cut as an excuse, and it was a bad one, but he wasn't a world beater tonight. I don't think he beats Pacquiao or Mayweather at this point. He's a tired warrior. He's made his money, but for his health it may be a good time to bow out. And yes, Jim Lampley is a major Cotto shill. Further, Cotto can get dirty if he needs to survive - see the Judah low blows and the several infractions in this one.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

punchmaster

Forum Member
Apr 22, 2007
Perhaps Cotto should check with Lance Armstrong about his pedaling skills.

Amazing that an idiot that didn't check Margarito's gloves gets the love fest from HBO.

116-111 should be barred from judging fights in NYC. I actually had it a draw, but HBO's dick sucking of Cotto is the worst.

oh yea, Lampley has never had a problem putting on the kneepads while the HBO master stands in front or behind him. Lamps was riding Cotto the whole Margarito fight and was reduced to tears afterwards when his boy caved in, but I would have quit also, being hit by loaded gloves. Much respect for Cotto, that was a nasty cut while fending off a world class opponent and he could have bailed anytime ala Guerrero - Yordan... Things looked the same, very grim for Cotto when Mostley hurt him late, but Cotto then also pulled out the movement and boxing skills, not allowing Mosley (or Clottey) to land anything late to close out the championship rounds.

crow

Forum Member
Jun 3, 2008
I think i predicted nearly everything that went down, except the bodyslam.
Told you people Cotto knew to fight hurt.

Nice profit for the week.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

THE_THONG

Forum Member
May 2, 2008
Victoria's Secret
here's a small consolation going into tomorrow morinng.

xxxx68-x 6/xx/09 9:08pm $10.00 $493.75 Pending 2 Team Parlay
Pending 6/14/09 7:15am ATP Tennis 102 Tommy Haas +225 vs Novak Djokovic
Pending 6/13/09 11:00pm Boxing Fighting 509 Cotto wins by split decision +1450 vs Any other result

Fudge one more zero and it's a 100/4938

CONGRATS PUNCH

YOU MADE IT RAIN :00hour

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
Well Steve Kim is right...Clottey won

Clotty didnt deserve to win on the cards. He stopped fighting in the 10th round like a chump.

sorry for your lost

kinda funny watching you whine like a child or kid.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Kramden

Forum Member
Apr 8, 2008
it was a close fight, could have gone either way. Clottey didn't close quite as well as could have against wounded prey - because he needed to get a few deep breaths, too. Plus, the NYC venue and the knockdown made it an uphill task for Clottey to win.Cotto is very fortunate that Clottey is not a busy or massive puncher because he would have been stopped.

punchmaster

Forum Member
Apr 22, 2007
CONGRATS PUNCH

YOU MADE IT RAIN :00hour

Thanks Thongman!!! That was a pretty sick parlay - 49 X your money. I got $4500 in the account with no worries, and I put a whopping ten bucks on it- where was the second zero???????????? :142smilie :142smilie

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Got this from another forum
not sure if it's true:

"Dan Rafael scored it 116-111 for Cotto.

AP had it 116-112 for Cotto somehow, I guess with an even round.

Most of the Puerto Rican press had the fight for Clottey"

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
Got this from another forum
not sure if it's true:

"Dan Rafael scored it 116-111 for Cotto.

AP had it 116-112 for Cotto somehow, I guess with an even round.

Most of the Puerto Rican press had the fight for Clottey"

I'll watch the fight again in a few days but there is going to remain a divergence in opinion on this one. All things being even I give it to the guy making an attempt to fight rather than the guy running around the ring waiting for the last bell to ring. I give props to Cotto for hanging tough and not opting out for the Tech dec but he was fighting to survive the 2nd half. Clotteys mistake was going for the homerun instead of just doing his thing and letting his punches flow off the jab the last 3 rds. Clottey lost it much moreso than Cotto won it. Dan Raphael is a boxing fan that lucked into his position. All the power to him but quite frankly he doesn't know what he's talking about.

:mj07: :mj07: :mj07: :mj07: :mj07: :mj07: 116-111

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
ringtv.com has the Cotto-Clottey post presser up
http://www.ringtv.com/video/cottoclottey_press_conference_part_1/

Pretty funny stuff from Arum. Talks about Cotto and Pacquiao, and then a reporter asks him where Mayweather fits into the picture.

Arum's response: "Mayweather is gonna fight Marquez, and then he will probably call out Calderon. He doesn't fight big guys. JuanMa? JuanMa punches too hard for Floyd."

:142smilie :142smilie :142smilie :142smilie

crow

Forum Member
Jun 3, 2008
Clottey opened the door; his fragile mitts didn't allow him to close it.
Actually he knew it all along, hence the bad acting job.
In the 2 last rds Cotto even stunned him a few times.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Clottey opened the door; his fragile mitts didn't allow him to close it.
Actually he knew it all along, hence the bad acting job.
In the 2 last rds Cotto even stunned him a few times.

Totally agree with you on the first part....opened the door and didn't have the balls to close it.

I never saw him stunned though. Not in the last two rounds or the 6th. These were good rounds for Cotto, but I believe Clottey when he says he was never close to hurt. The guy is ROCK solid.

Only person I thought was hurt to a dizzy extent in the fight was Cotto. Some of those uppercuts really got his attention. Clottey, like a moron, just stopped throwing them.

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
I didn't see the fight but it is no surprise to me to see were all the money was bet(Clottey)the other guy won(Cotto). It is why i try not to bet these big time TV fights with strange looking odds and Cotto giving those big odds look very enticing to bettors who think this stuff is honest. Probably why the fight also wasn't stopped because of the cut i have heard about. Why also i like betting MMA because from where i sit i still haven't notice corruption just yet. Also MMA usually doesn't go the distance which helps out a lot to keep it out of these corrupt judges hands. Just my opinion of course.