COTTO V CLOTTEY

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

crow

Forum Member
Jun 3, 2008
It seems MMA can't afford bad decisions; their main concern is entertainement.

In my short experience with MMA, i didn't see yet a fixed fight in the UFC or Pride; but the last cards in japan ( was it bushido ?) , you can see guys completely out of shape ( Canseco) getting stopped after absorbing very minor damage...

But , hey, as long as you can spot the dodgy ones....:142smilie

crow

Forum Member
Jun 3, 2008
Totally agree with you on the first part....opened the door and didn't have the balls to close it..
Clottey is as balsy as anyone, if not more.
People don't realise boxers often fight with chronically injured hands.

Gatti.
Ward.
Donaire.
Floyd.
Malignaggi.

Fenech retired once because of it.
Cerdan's right was broken a dozen times during his career.

The prodigy broke his hand winning the welter title vs Hughes.
Faber broke his hands a fortnight ago and lost because of it.

On and on...

Last edited:

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
Clottey opened the door; his fragile mitts didn't allow him to close it.
Actually he knew it all along, hence the bad acting job.
In the 2 last rds Cotto even stunned him a few times.

clottey hurt his hands in the fight?....is there a link to that?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

crow

Forum Member
Jun 3, 2008
clottey hurt his hands in the fight?....is there a link to that?

No link needed.
It's common knowledge; the guy fights economically to spare his hands.
He probably gets more hurt throwing punches than catching them.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
No link needed.
It's common knowledge; the guy fights economically to spare his hands.
He probably gets more hurt throwing punches than catching them.

you`re joking,right?......let me say that i have sincere empathy for g.k.,n.j. and those that took clottey at large odds...they proved,imo,to be the sharp cappers in this one...clottey could have...and probably at a different venue(all things being equal)WOULD have won this fight....

but,i didn`t see that "economy" early on...i didn`t read one word about his hands in this fight...so lets not start making excuses that the man himself didn`t claim(you`re treading into "fanboy" territory)........if his hands were hurt,i`m sure we would have heard about it by now(ala margarito)...

.you`re surmising that clottey`s hands were hurt and that`s why he took his foot off the gas in the last 2 rounds?...

he could claim that he hurt his knee when thrown to the canvas....that`s legit....but the hands?.....i`ve read nothing....that`s not an excuse for letting up in the last 2 rounds in a fight you could have been winning...

you obviously have incredible powers....but,3 days after the fact,i don`t buy it for a second...

please...

Last edited:

crow

Forum Member
Jun 3, 2008
I'm not into welshing here, garden.
I've made some $$ on this match because i anticipated what would transpire.
I've seen 8 fights from Clottey; the only one where no mention of his bad hands was made is the Corrales one.
Do you think it's reasonable to advertise constantly to your adversairies you can't punch ?
Remember Gatti hushing to Mc Girt how he hurt his hand vs Ward 2, and Mc Girt answering: " What do you want me to do about it ?"
No fighter wants ever this info to come out.
Certainly not in every fight.

Did Malignaggi make mention of his problems the last time he won ?
He didn't, so i guess his hands are just fine.:nono:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
g.k... i`m not discussing the decision...as i said,given the odds,n.j. and yourself had this one pegged...you were on the right side.....a very live doggie as it turned out...

i was responding to crow in regard to his assertion that clottey hurt his hands.....i haven`t heard that....i`m looking for a link....

if he did,them i retract my contention that clotteys hands had little or nothing to do with the final 2 rounds...

i wish you guys had hit...you deserved it...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
g.k... i`m not discussing the decision...as i said,given the odds,n.j. and yourself had this one pegged...you were on the right side.....a very live doggie as it turned out...

i was responding to crow in regard to his assertion that clottey hurt his hands.....i haven`t heard that....i`m looking for a link....

if he did,them i retract my contention that clotteys hands had little or nothing to do with the final 2 rounds...

i wish you guys had hit...you deserved it...

Thanks, brother.
I think it was a solid underdog play....very close to hitting. A very good money weekend anyways, due to the UFC.
crow is a good capper, but he is wrong about the hands
NO ISSUES this time out for Clottey
not true at all
I gotta agree with what Thong said...if the hands WERE hurt, Clottey would have let everyone know about it....

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
Thanks, brother.
I think it was a solid underdog play....very close to hitting. A very good money weekend anyways, due to the UFC.
crow is a good capper, but he is wrong about the hands
NO ISSUES this time out for Clottey
not true at all
I gotta agree with what Thong said...if the hands WERE hurt, Clottey would have let everyone know about it....

Clottey was not throwing much the last few rds but he WAS swinging for the fences when he did throw. That is not indicative of somebody that hurt his hands. The hands were not an issue in this fight. Had nothing to do with the outcome.

crow

Forum Member
Jun 3, 2008
I guess we'll never know, gents.:)
Some things in boxing are destined to remain covered ( margacheato comes to mind)

I've rewatched that, and remember how strange the surrender of Cotto looked to me; i don't recall anything close to it .

Remains the fact Clottey gave inexplicably away the last 2 rds, and i made Cotto a deserved winner for it.

And that's all that will matter ( for us at least).

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
For anyone who still cares, the scorecards from last Saturday night.

cottoclotteyscorecard.jpg

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
I didn't even notice that, Sponge, till you pointed it out. Disgusting.

Also, judge Don Trella's card is a joke. I think we all agree that Clottey took his foot off the pedal in 11 and 12. But Trella scored 9, 10, 11 and 12 for Cotto.

He might want to change the prescription on his glasses before his next gig.
:00x25 :00x25 :00x25