Doral

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

bettingmad

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
Yorkshire, UK
www.bettingmad.com
Nick Price 25/1 William Hill
Come on down the price is right!! Not sure where Hills get this one from on a player who should be much near the head of the market. Last 16 in the Matchplay, Nissan 3rd and Dimension Data 4th. Has 4 consecutive top 10's in this and runner-up in 1997. Showed there is life in the old legs by taking the Colonial last season.

Clive

Forum Member
Apr 18, 2001
Oxford, England
www.take624.com
Even better if Singh and Mick are absent!
Nick Price 25/1 B'mad says it all
Mike Weir 16/1 Boyles - been v impressed this year...the fav now!
Stewart Cink 80/1 - always liked him, good in Tucson, has been 4th here in past
and
Jim Furyk - 20/1 high up in Driv Acc & GIR, decent course form..will be 16 by Thurs I suspect.

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
Ya beat me to him by a tad Clive.:)

Going early on an E/W for 1 unit total that I think is good bang for buck and chance of win.Couldn't get clives odds but managed 66/1 @ Sportingbet on Cink.

Had steadily progressed with each tourney better than last this year and closed strong past weekend with 67-66.Course form is good with 4th four years back.Went back on his scores last 5 years and he has knack for string good perfpormances back to back.

Clive Believe I am going to have to make trip to UK and buy a postage stamp size lot with address and no building just so I can get down with some of these outs. Have ya seen any condemded lots with addy for sale CHEAP,have you.:D

speaking of books B&W requested fav color today for complete
withdrawal.After email telling them I had never selected one they gave me one.Then it does not work and can't figure why. I notice minimum is twice as maximum on request form? go figure.Got tired of sending emails and went thru back door via Neteller which I should have done 1st. I'll see how that goes.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Jeez Clive ... honest, I didn't peek at your hand :D After we were both denied so cruelly after our discrepancies in Oz last week, maybe it is just as well we're on the right side this week!

Outright plays (1 unit):

Mike Weir to win 16/1 e.w. @ Boyle
With Singh and Mickelson out of the events, these prices will not last and in a field without Woods as well, Weir is certainly the player of 2003 in this field. Twice a winner this season and having lost in the 2nd round last week, he should not be too drained by the matchplay event if he did need 26 holes to defeat Loren Roberts. A runner-up two years ago, he should not be too far from that finish this week.

Jim Furyk to win 20/1 e.w. available generally
With the event signaling the start of the Florida Swing and the transition to Bermuda greens, course form is rather important this week. While Weir can claim a runners-up spot two years ago, Furyk can claim to be the title-holder the year beforehand. He is the course record holder and is in excellent form. He had high finishes in the Mercedes Championship and the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am before falling to Darren Clarke in one of the best matches of last week.

Nick Price to win 22/1 e.w. @ Boyle
Since Raymond Floyd toughened the course in 1996 Nick Price can boast an excellent record in this event. He has finished in the top-10 in five of the last six years and been over-par in just two of 24 rounds in that time. Having finished 4th and 3rd in his last two events before last week - he should have won the Nissan Open, but his game started to fall apart on the final day - and having been tested for no more than three rounds last week, he looks in excellent shape to secure another top-5 finish this week.

steved

Forum Member
Feb 9, 2002
teddington. uk
0.5 ew Price (as well...) thanks for 22/1 at Boyle Stanley/Clive, missed earlier 25/1...
0.5 ew Sluman 66/1 (365), third two years ago, but mc last year, steady top 20's so far this year and now hitting it further.
0.5 ew Baird 125/1 (VC), I think he is playing better than when 16th last year, due to eqp change...missed cut after 4th this year ok, must have been exciting for him, and wonder if caught worst of weather last week, as followed 77 with solid 69, but it was not enough. Like Slu, already accurate player now hitting it further, takes strain off iron shots to green...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Clive

Forum Member
Apr 18, 2001
Oxford, England
www.take624.com
It's a shame Tatts aren't still around...we could have done a tricast perm!

DTB, Centrebet have just opened a UK branch...perhaps you should get on to them to do the same offshore in the Carribbean?

They always lay a decent bet, but they do trim immediately, so nobody else can get on! Ian and I took the 125 Overton at the same time, otherwise one of us would have missed out!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

milpalm

Forum Member
Mar 12, 2002
Lillestrom, Norway
Price for me as well. Got some of the 25/1.
My longshot this week is Mattiace at 100/1. He was 8th in his last strokeplay event and knows how to putt on bermuda.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Matchup plays (1 unit unless stated):

Angel Cabrera to beat David Duval -120 @ Bet365
Always look to oppose the struggling Duval and will do gladly with a player of Cabrera's quality. He had a good top-20 finish in the Nissan Open, looked impressive but temperamental last week and finished 5th here last year. He won't be too far behind that mark this year.

Angel Cabrera to beat Steve Elkington -111 @ Victor Chandler
Elk has an impressive record on the Blue Monster - two wins and two top-5 finishes in the last eight years - but he is far from the player that he was in the mid-90s. Should finish in the top-30 this week, but not a genuine contender like the Argentine this week.

Nick Price to beat K.J. Choi -118 @ Centrebet [2 units]
Price is another genuine contender this week and will combine an outright play on him with two matchup plays as well. Choi has the ability to challenge this week and he can boast two top-5 finishes this year, but fatigue must surely be a mitigating factor working against him. This will be the 9th event of the season and he has only missed one event so far. No-one has played more events than the Korean and it will surely catch up with him sometime soon.

Nick Price to beat Lee Janzen -150 @ Five Dimes and Sirbet [2 units]
Strange matchup and will gladly back Price at these odds against a player whose best finish this season is 24th (Price's worst finish is 21st) and has no top-20 finishes at Doral in his last five visits (Price has finished in the top-10 in five of his last six).

Scott Verplank to beat Skip Kendall -111 @ William Hill and Gamebookers
Don't think Verplank will have a particularly great event, but should outperform Kendall who has yet to secure a top-20 finish in five starts this year or in this event in eight attempts. Verplank can count one from three starts this year and in two of the last three years at Doral. He also has a compelling 14-3-0 h2h record against Kendall over the past 12 months.

Scott Verplank to beat Len Mattiace +100 @ SIA, Sportingbet and Sporting Odds
Opposing Mattiace because of his inconsistent form this season (two cuts missed in his last four strokeplay events) and his very inconsistent form in this event. He can claim a top-10 finish in 1998 and a top-20 finish last year, but he has made the cut at Doral in just three of eight attempts. Siding with the more consistent Verplank at these odds.

Stewart Cink to beat Pat Perez -115 @ WSEX
These playing are moving in opposite directions in their form. Cink is the improving player with finishes of mc, mc, 43rd, 17th and 6th in his five starts this year; Perez is the fading player with finishes of 6th, 47th, 50th and 32nd in the last six weeks. While both have comparable course form, Cink looks the one who is playing with more confidence this week.

Shadetree

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2002
Appleby +110 Duval [5 Dimes]

It appears the public has jumped on the Duval bandwagon based solely based upon his slightly above-average performance (42nd place) at the Nissan Open two weeks ago. If that is supposed to signify his return to elite status, I am not buying it. Prior to the Nissan, Duval missed the cut in three of his previous five events, and has recorded only one top 10 finish in the US since June of last year. Meanwhile, Appleby is one of the stronger competitors in the field this week. He is coming off a few sub-standard efforts, but factoring in Appleby's strong course history, I would rate him as about four strokes better than Duval this week.

Cabrera +110 Lonard [Carib]

It is tough to play against a streaky player when he is playing well, but there is too much value here to pass up. Both players have played the course once and have each done extremely well in that single appearance. Cabrera is a slightly better player than Lonard overall, and betting on slightly better players at odds of +110 is a nice way to make money.

Funk +115 DiMarco [Sirbet]

While Funk's course history is not terribly impressive, DiMarco's is decidedly poor, averaging a full four strokes worse (per four rounds) than his norm in his five appearances at Doral. The two players are of similar quality overall, which means Funk should have a small edge this week.

Price +100 Weir [Carib]

These are the two strongest players in the field this week, but Price is better by a decent margin. Both players have excellent course histories and have been playing well. I would expect both to finish in the top 10, with Price beating Weir by a couple strokes.

Sluman +100 Verplank [Carib]

In this battle of two generally underrated players, I side with Sluman on the basis of his superior play over the past several months. Sluman has finished in the top 25 in 12 of his last 16 tournaments. Verplank is not quite at that level (just five top 25s in his last 16 events) and should fall 2 or 3 strokes short of Sluman this week.

[Note to Big Tease: Yes, I am known as paddenm in some other forums...you may want to think twice before making such wild accusations in the future].

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
adding outright @ Oly (top 4)
Elkington 15/1
Nice odds for someone who has 1st and 5th last four here and a couple top 25's this year.Would have liked to have had top 5 but best I could find was 10/1 @ 5dimes who's 1/5 odds still beat or tied Boyles and Skybet.1/4 odds. Glad to have options but their outright odds have sucked all year.

Will wait till cut to add anymore.Will be looking at Price,Cabrera,Huston,Sluman and a couple others if they stumble a tad 1st 2 rds.

adding 72 holes
Donald -130 over B Pappas @ Cascade
MUCH better player
Cink -115 over Perez @ WSEX
ditto Stan

and a 1st rd play @ Wsex
Cink -125 over Romero - 1/2 stroke

4 plays and 3 on Cink --an invitation to disaster,will probably wd after 1st tee. Been tourched on this scenerio all year

Ian

Forum Member
Sep 18, 2000
Exeter UK
www.sportsbettingindex.com
Nicked a bit of the early 66/1 Elk before the WDS of Singh and Mick
Main bet is a risky one on a player who has played in Florida 8 times with finishes of 50/c/2/6/5/56/66/1 - so I'll risk a few quid on Perks continuing his liking for the state at 150/1

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kjls04202

Forum Member
Jun 19, 2002
London
www.keithjackson.co.uk
Was gutted to see Lickliter win after I had picked and backed him when he missed the cut in Nissan.
Still another tourney this week and new hope and optimism.
I am pinning my hopes on Peter Lonard this week. He is a Florida resident who was 3rd last year. Yet to win on US Tour but did the trick earlier this year elsewhere. His accuracy stats are a little down so far this year but heres hoping.
I was looking for someone else and found it hard to choose. The obvious contenders head the market, but Weir apart{this year} do they really win enough now to merit a bet?
My final four after Lonard,are Rich Beem,slowly coming to hand. David Peoples,who I have not given up on yet. Chris Smith who is showing a definate return to form and Skip Kendall who has not done too badly here and is giong to be my second bet. It is possible that the place only option could be better as he has yet to win, but after Mattiace and Kelly last year I feel like going for it.

I would just like to say to SHADETREE that I for one welcome his posts. I find them informative, confidently put and despite the fact that he is against my tip Lonard this week I look forward to his future posts as I do with everyones.

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
Yes China Clive. Got me a little connection there and may have an little hideway there shortly. Just waiting for her to reach puberty:brows:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Wayne,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Centrebet is unable to accept player registrations from American residents.

This is a policy decision made by Centrebet's parent company, Jupiters
Limited, because of US Regulations and the legal position in respect of the
USA and Jupiters' commercial interests in that country.

While we wish we could offer our services to American residents, we are
bound by this decision.

Thank you for your enquiry. We will retain your email address on our
records so that we can contact you should our position undergo any
significant change in the future.

Kind regards,
Fiona
Centrebet

Contact details

PO Box 1462
Alice Springs NT 0871
Australia

Tel + 61 8 8955 5800
Fax + 61 8 8955 5750
Email: centrebet@centrebet.co.uk
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Now let me pose this question. Since several of these books take Neteller and you pay and receive via Neteller what difference would it make if you had fictious name and addy since they don't send a check?
By the way Bet & Win still have not transfered money to Neteller,I'll give em till Friday before I send them query.

Last edited: