Game Of Thrones - HBO

DZ

Urban Achiever
Forum Member
Oct 22, 2009
310/917
I watched the first 3 episodes of season 1, then the show lost me. I'm back in for season 2 now. Watched the season 1 recap to get caught up. So far, so good. I like the little guy who's stirring up all the trouble. Gonna watch episode 14 on the DVR tonight. :0074

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
Joker..........read below when you are caught up........

About time ya got on board.........here is a shirt for ya......

CLUB-BLUE001-2T.jpg

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
Jedi......that was a great line:mj07:

As for Joffrey.....................

tumblr_lmqm6y4CiJ1qkgq9xo1_400.gif

Such an evil shit.

I can not wait until Arya fucks him up......it'll happen, it may take a long long time, but my chick Arya is going to fuck him up:bigun:

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
Episode 15 "The Ghost of Harrenhal" April 29th

I think it is now official.

Everybody and I mean EVERYBODY wants the Throne Joffrey sits on.

And that prick Theon Greyjoy better not turn on his old buddies.....

00057c7p

Last edited:

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
I need to take a trip to Qarth....seems like a great place to visit:00hour

gyFc8l.jpg

tumblr_m20aovNZve1r3hz9go1_500.jpg

Would have been easier to find Qarth if she had a map or GPS....just sayin'

game-of-thrones-63.jpg

Dude seems too friendly.....something is up with him. Dude is up to something...

game-of-thrones-season-2-karo-khoan-daxos-nonso-anozie1.jpg

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
Episode 15 "The Ghost of Harrenhal" April 29th

I think it is now official.

Everybody and I mean EVERYBODY wants the Throne Joffrey sits on.

And that prick Theon Greyjoy better not turn on his old buddies.....

00057c7p

Kick what would ever happen if someone took ur television away from u? :facepalm:

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
Sponge.....clearly you have never watched Thrones. You would never even ask such a crazy question.

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
Sponge.....clearly you have never watched Thrones. You would never even ask such a crazy question.

17h Joe Rogan Joe Rogan ‏ @joerogan

Finished season 1 of Game of Thrones tonight, and FUCK, what a show!! I think this may go down as my all time favorite TV show.

Hashish

Smoked
Forum Member
Sep 5, 2006
Surf City
Wow, dirty pool, Stannis. Glad to see Arya get some satisfaction! Another great episode. Does anyone have any theories on what Theon is up to? Did Danerys just realize she is in love with Jorah Mormont?

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
Arya saved Jaqen H'ghar life (and Rorge and Biter lives) and he offers her three lives. 2 more to go. It is great to see my chick Arya finally catch a break:)

ImFeklhr

Raconteur
Forum Member
Oct 3, 2005
San Francisco
Arya saved Jaqen H'ghar life (and Rorge and Biter lives) and he offers her three lives. 2 more to go. It is great to see my chick Arya finally catch a break:)

Do yourself a favor and after season 2, go read the first two books. Or even better yet, get the audio versions and listen to them as you commute or walk or something. You get SO much detail, back-story, narration etc.

The Arya chapters are boss.

I can't image being satisfied with the dribs and drabs of details the show provides. :popcorn2

I've started to refer to the show as "A Brief Summary of Game of Thrones"

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
ImFeklhr....good suggestion but the last book I read was "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" in Grade 6.

My generation is lazy and has no imagination. Reading a book is just too difficult. Again, appreciate the suggestion but the task is just too monumental:SIB

snoopol

Forum Member
Sep 8, 2004
Atlantic City, NJ
Do yourself a favor and after season 2, go read the first two books. Or even better yet, get the audio versions and listen to them as you commute or walk or something. You get SO much detail, back-story, narration etc.

I can't image being satisfied with the dribs and drabs of details the show provides. :popcorn2

Well said. After watching season 1 I started reading books. Already almost done with 2nd and like ImFeklhr said books so much better. much more depth, characters thoughts and so on.

Still enjoy the show though. I just could not wait a week for another episode so decided to read books :)

Hashish

Smoked
Forum Member
Sep 5, 2006
Surf City

I think this characterization of the show is far too harsh. I find the adaptation to be very satisfactory. It may be the best book to film adaptation I've ever seen. Giving nine hours of viewing time to one book is a hell of a way to not leave much out. It's not like LOTR, where they gave just over 10 hours for three large books. Maybe the coolest character in that series was left out., Tom Bombadil.

I read the first book after I watched the entire first season of Thrones. It is great to read the book after and expand the world and especially the thoughts of the characters (which is why books are so much richer than film), but not too much was left out and a bare minimum changed. Much of the dialogue is word-for-word. I don't know about the second season, but that first season adaptation was marvelous.

This show has to be in my top 3 of all time at this point.

Hashish

Smoked
Forum Member
Sep 5, 2006
Surf City
A fantastic color map of Westeros for those like me who like the added realism maps add to this kind of fictional world.

Map_Westeros_Political.gif

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
I guess the people Qarth don't want to be on the map. Makes sense, they don't want too many tourists.

Bet on MyBookie