Golf Clubs

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

dunclock

Forum Member
Dec 22, 2001
Nashville, TN
--prior clubs were old square groove pink eye 2's
have two sets of them also if anyone looking for them--they are the originals Berilium copper

http://callawaygolfpreowned.com/isets/isets-erc-fusion.aspx#Mens-Right

Wayne, that is what my irons are, Ping Eye 2 coppers, use the 2-6 and my 7-W are Wilson Staff Tour Blades:scared :mj07:

Why with my game these days, I dont know why I am using this equipment; I should be asking asking the same question as the thread starter:mj07:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
DTB, dunclock, 65(?), taoist, noodle, jack, ronnie, etc.

Let's get a game together as soon as the weather warms up. Maybe meet in BG will be the best bet as far as location for everyone.

justin22g

WAR EAGLE!
Forum Member
Sep 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Hi guys,

In the market for new clubs. I am a mid-high handicapper. Nothing great, but I'll get a hold of one once in a while. Honestly if I could play with only irons I'd stay out of trouble, but just bought a new driver...I had been staying away b/c of my handicap, but bit the bullet and got a TaylorMade Burner.

Either way, I'm going to get new irons this year. I have gone the last 2 years with "knock-off" Bertha Fusions, and it's time to step up to real brand name clubs. Not that it will shave 10 strokes off my round, but I know it will be better in the long run. I have a few questions...anything you would reccomend to a high capper? Obviously I'm not going to get forged/blades. I was looking at the X-20s, but is there a huge difference between those and the X-18s? I've solicited tons of opinions, so I'm just looking for another outlet really. I appreciate any input in advance!

I've been told to stay away from Cobra irons also....

Thanks again fellas

I work at a course... and most people just come in and buy without demoing a set.

I would HIGHLY suggest taking some demo's out to the range or the course. You test drive a car before buying? why don't people test drive clubs?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
DTB, dunclock, 65(?), taoist, noodle, jack, ronnie, etc.

Let's get a game together as soon as the weather warms up. Maybe meet in BG will be the best bet as far as location for everyone.

Sound great--maybe we get Jack to come back down also.

If you all come to BG I foot the tab on golf (up to 8 players):SIB

Big D I'm just opposite I play the ping wedges.
The pings came out with very weak lofts back then compared to later irons--bout a 15 yard diff on my ping 7 iron and calloway--and not long enough to make that sacrifice.

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
The reason I need to switch is that my clubs are for a better player than I am. I play Tommy Armour evo-cavities which is WAY too close to a blade. If there was anyone who needed a full cavity back, it is I!!! :00hour

dunclock

Forum Member
Dec 22, 2001
Nashville, TN
Sound great--maybe we get Jack to come back down also.

If you all come to BG I foot the tab on golf (up to 8 players):SIB

Big D I'm just opposite I play the ping wedges.
The pings came out with very weak lofts back then compared to later irons--bout a 15 yard diff on my ping 7 iron and calloway--and not long enough to make that sacrifice.

That is so weird Dog, my short irons in the Pings are so soft that I lose 10-15 yards or = to one club:shrug:

I hit my blade wedge 135-140 and Ping wedge only 125

I hit my blade 7 iron 165-170 but the Ping only 155-160

But the long irons are awesome in the pings, especially with the square grooves and long

6 iron 180-185
5 iron 185-195
4 iron 195-210
3 iron 210-220
2 iron for punching out:mj07:

The most important thing is to know HOW far each club goes and play those distances

Group outing sounds good and you are not picking up the tab. I have not touched one club since first week in October so I am about a 12-14 now:scared :mj07:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
That is so weird Dog, my short irons in the Pings are so soft that I lose 10-15 yards or = to one club:shrug:

I hit my blade wedge 135-140 and Ping wedge only 125

I hit my blade 7 iron 165-170 but the Ping only 155-160

But the long irons are awesome in the pings, especially with the square grooves and long

6 iron 180-185
5 iron 185-195
4 iron 195-210
3 iron 210-220
2 iron for punching out:mj07:

The most important thing is to know HOW far each club goes and play those distances

Group outing sounds good and you are not picking up the tab. I have not touched one club since first week in October so I am about a 12-14 now:scared :mj07:

Yep Agree wedges shorter also--main reason I like them is better control out of rough.

Playing today for 1st time in over 2 months--can't remember going that long ever--been combination of cold wet weather and bad back. Believe I got back under control--bought new matress several months ago--wife wanted a pillow top--so I gave in--thats when prob started--few days ago after sleeping on floor she agreed to firmer one and not any any prob since. Hoping that was cure.

boilermaker

Bud Man
Forum Member
Feb 7, 2001
Marion ,Indiana
Still playing my Callaway x-12. My son however bought a set of x-20s and I hit them and they felt very good. I don't think you can go wrong with Callaway. Very forgiving, even for a bogey golfer like myself.

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
Really depends on if youre a mid or high handicap player. I consider a mid handicap player 10-15. Anything over that I would look seriously at the new Cleveland CG Gold set that comes with the 3 and 4 HB. Callaway X-20 would be a wonderful set for you if youre in that 12-15 range. I would get a set make up of 4-pw or even 5-Gw. No matter your handicap, hybrids are the way to go. I don't play as much as I use to,(6 handicap) and I don't carry a 3 or 4 Iron in my bag. For the $$ , Cleveland is by far the best quality...By the way, I've been in the the golf business for the past 16 years....

Good luck with whatever you choose...

mully, what's your opinion of the cleveland hibore 3-pw? i see prices from $475 to $699 with most between $599 and $699. how can some guy on ebay sell them for $475 including shipping? and, yes, they're new. :shrug:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
a friend of mine has some off brand hybrid set 3-pw and i was hitting them the other day and was very impressed. i got a lot more distance and hit the ball much more solid especially 6, 5, 4 and 3. i didn't hit the short irons but suspect the same results.

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
just saw this thread? :shrug: I'm not going to play much this year, but I'd be willing to get out there sometime. Let's get it on.

PS If u all come up here to BG to pay, DTB will figure out some way to pay the bill. :mj07: He has all the staff, especially the cart girls, in his back pocket! :SIB