Good Luck Nolan Dalla

rocky mountain

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2005
Wasn’t aware he was ever selling his picks and I’d be willing to bet he never has.
Meaning he did all the work and won all that money for others with no payout to himself? I'm sure I missed something?? I've followed him all year until he cut off showing his weekly picks on his thread. I enjoyed reading his writeups they are in depth, a wealth of experience and acumen. He was all over FG Kicker points and crushing that angle for a while with certain teams. He started off slow the first few weeks and down a lot in terms of % bankroll, this may be while he lost some clicks I don't know or maybe lots of casual players like me lost enough by that point of year. But then he turned it around and was killing it until he shut it down for the public. He's a strong writer, though his opinions are not held back , maybe somehow , the Matrix messed with him to throw off his web traffic, didn't like some of his view points? I found it strange that clicks would drop when he was crushing it, I enjoyed just tracking his plays. I wonder if something nefarious happened due to his other writings. 🤔

rocky mountain

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2005
Somebody pinged me with a message on Facebook and I clicked and am just now seeing this.

First, THANK YOU to everyone for the kind wishes.

I wish I could have won the WSC, not just for the money and prestige but because I wanted to call out Mad Jack (JW) for giving me my start. I will always be grateful for his kindness. I also appreciate so many of you here, names I recognize, even though it's been a few years. Lots of talent and smart people here. I kinda' miss Mad Jacks and those early days.

As for this season, it was incredible. As you likely know, I usually handicap most of the games. I always start with hypothetical $10K bankroll (yes, I bet also). I was down 40 percent by end of September. Trust me, that shakes confidence. Then, things turned around, and honestly I started spending more time, and learning from some earlier errors. By end of Oct., I was in the black, and up about $2,000. It was quite a turnaround.

Somebody here posted something negative (previous comment above), calling me out for getting upset about lack of traffic and I've always been transparent about my emotions and feelings, especially when I see so much BS in sports gambling, especially in media and social channels. I am under no obligation to post or share anything, but I've always done it for the love of the science of handicapping. Plus, is makes me better and work harder, knowing people are reading the picks. Anyway, it's a SHITLOAD of work and there is always a burnout factor. Posting stuff that takes many hours, week after week (unpaid), isn't easy and takes a toll. So, trying to maximize my own work and efficiency, I suspended my posts (www.nolandalla.com) sometime in Nov. and decided to continue betting on my own, and also concentrate more on contest strategy.

Well, that decision certainly paid off. About +$190K, on a $7K investment. Mostly going to investors. I did this for the experience and the press (hoping to win, of course). Naturally, many investors are taking care of me financially, and I have plenty of bottles of fine wine being sent to me as gifts, on the way (see, I told you there was an upside). 3 of my 7 tickets cashed. Two won separate contests (worth $100K). Incredibly, all 7 tickets finished in the top-50 out of 1300 contestants. I'm not sure that's ever been done before. However, I didn't win the trophy, so there's still some disappointment. There's also room to learn more and improve.

Just wait 'til next season.

Sincerely, Mad Jacks was my sports handicapping alma mater. And we were and remain, a fraternity.

Thanks again,

-- Nolan Dala
Great handicapping, I wish I saw this before I just posted, a bunch, i didn't know you were over here in the neighborhood. I wonder if someone in the Matrix web, was able to mess with your clicks because I followed you all year and when you got it going it was a remarkable run. Congrats 👏

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
Top Poster Of Month
May 26, 2002
Canada
Great to see Nolan Dalla post here again, I think his first post was way back in 2001, so always nice to see some of the "old guard" pop in every now and then.

Way To Go Thumbs Up GIF

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

redsfann

ale connoisseur
Forum Member
Aug 3, 1999
Somewhere in Corn Country

Meaning he did all the work and won all that money for others with no payout to himself? I'm sure I missed something?? I've followed him all year until he cut off showing his weekly picks on his thread. I enjoyed reading his writeups they are in depth, a wealth of experience and acumen. He was all over FG Kicker points and crushing that angle for a while with certain teams. He started off slow the first few weeks and down a lot in terms of % bankroll, this may be while he lost some clicks I don't know or maybe lots of casual players like me lost enough by that point of year. But then he turned it around and was killing it until he shut it down for the public. He's a strong writer, though his opinions are not held back , maybe somehow , the Matrix messed with him to throw off his web traffic, didn't like some of his view points? I found it strange that clicks would drop when he was crushing it, I enjoyed just tracking his plays. I wonder if something nefarious happened due to his other writings.
Got it 👍

NolanDalla

Registered
Forum Member
Dec 9, 2017
Rocky....you are right about those field goal props. Crushed those. I discovered a flaw in the odds, and hit those for about 6-7 weeks, with about 65 percent success. Then, once they were posted, lots of copycats touted those, and the party was over. Those 6.5s went to 7.5, or the juice got high. The gravy train ended quick. I kinda wish Id held back on those and just bet them for 300 a spot and stayed under the radar, but I admit to love sharing and finding this stuff.

-- ND

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

BadAngel

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
Cleve. Ohio
Nolan, you are a class act and always was. I am really glad you did well in the contest and that is something you should be proud of. This old timer, (Me) always read your good reasoning and your picks. Good luck in everything you do in the future Nolan.

BA

Randercity

Wait til HT
Forum Member
Rocky....you are right about those field goal props. Crushed those. I discovered a flaw in the odds, and hit those for about 6-7 weeks, with about 65 percent success. Then, once they were posted, lots of copycats touted those, and the party was over. Those 6.5s went to 7.5, or the juice got high. The gravy train ended quick. I kinda wish Id held back on those and just bet them for 300 a spot and stayed under the radar, but I admit to love sharing and finding this stuff.

-- ND
Will you be posting your playoff picks anywhere?? I understand the contest is over but I'm sure you will still be making plays in the days to come. MJs would love ❤️ your insights. Good luck either way sir.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

NolanDalla

Registered
Forum Member
Dec 9, 2017
Thanks, Randercity.

Here's the write ups on Saturday's two games. Will post Sunday's writeups later.

Reactions: boomer1

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
Thanks, Randercity.

Here's the write ups on Saturday's two games. Will post Sunday's writeups later.

One things I do love about this weekend’s games is the brutally cold winter weather. This is the way real football should be played, outdoors in the elements.
Wait till you find out about the PIT/BUF game being moved to Monday. Jesus Christ!

Reactions: Betone and boomer1