Jord?

margwellus

Forum Member
Apr 2, 2005
Hey Jord,

been thinking about your "offer" to book your "contra"-Warrior bets or you booking my "homer" Warrior plays. Instead of having to make it about that, how about we make one clear wager rather than have to make it a daily 1st q, 1st half, game thing....you don't think the Dubs are one of the greatest teams ever to play the game, and I do. How about we wager on whether they break the Bulls 72-10 best single season record? You game for that? if so, how much? Would be fun to track that rather than every 1st q, 1st half and game (which I still think they'll come out on top of)...'Tis a bit of a risk because if injuries play a part in this it could upset the apple cart but it's a no excuses risk I'm willing to take....Then, after they break the record I might even give you a shot at going double or nothing on whether they repeat as Champions....there you have it...gauntlet thrown...:bigear:

ClevelandSteamers

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 15, 2015
The more I watch the Warriors, the more I wonder why teams always try to trap or help off their man? I would just guard them 1 on 1 and make them beat you that way. If you watch them closely, almost all of their runs and success come from someone leaving their man to help on a drive and then someone is wide open.

Now I get the fact that the Warriors are good and a good passing team. But what I don't get is why teams haven't tried a different strategy of just simply making 1 guy beat them.

Bombs

Forum Member
Jan 29, 2003
Earth
Hey Jord,

been thinking about your "offer" to book your "contra"-Warrior bets or you booking my "homer" Warrior plays. Instead of having to make it about that, how about we make one clear wager rather than have to make it a daily 1st q, 1st half, game thing....you don't think the Dubs are one of the greatest teams ever to play the game, and I do. How about we wager on whether they break the Bulls 72-10 best single season record? You game for that? if so, how much? Would be fun to track that rather than every 1st q, 1st half and game (which I still think they'll come out on top of)...'Tis a bit of a risk because if injuries play a part in this it could upset the apple cart but it's a no excuses risk I'm willing to take....Then, after they break the record I might even give you a shot at going double or nothing on whether they repeat as Champions....there you have it...gauntlet thrown...:bigear:

Look, we get it. You like the Warriors. You are a big fan. There is a huge difference between some wager regarding them achieving a season long goal and fading them against the number because they are overvalued.

Keep betting the Warriors. Enjoy this small portion of your (gambling) life where your favorite team wins and covers a lot. It's great and for you I am sure it is intoxicating. Just keep in mind that your one sided, biased, ragingly homer way of "analyzing" the performance of this team will manifest in lost money wagered whether in this case on Warriors games or in the future with another (likely one of your favorite) team.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Jord20

Sharp
Forum Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jun 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Look, we get it. You like the Warriors. You are a big fan. There is a huge difference between some wager regarding them achieving a season long goal and fading them against the number because they are overvalued.

Keep betting the Warriors. Enjoy this small portion of your (gambling) life where your favorite team wins and covers a lot. It's great and for you I am sure it is intoxicating. Just keep in mind that your one sided, biased, ragingly homer way of "analyzing" the performance of this team will manifest in lost money wagered whether in this case on Warriors games or in the future with another (likely one of your favorite) team.

LOL - pretty much my thoughts exactly.

No thanks on the offer, Marg. this - "There is a huge difference between some wager regarding them achieving a season long goal and fading them against the number because they are overvalued."

THE ONLY ONE

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2003
Let's take a look back at the Warriors hand gifted on a silver platter title run from last year shall we. In the first round they beat a young Pelicans team without Jrue Holliday and some others. In the next round they beat the Grizzlies, remember Mike Conley missed the first few games then he came back with the mask and all that stuff ya another easy series, then in the west finals they beat the mighty Rockets without Pat Beverly too who would've given curry a little bit of D. Then on to the finals vs the Cavs without Love and Irving Lol Horray. Let's turn the tables, imagine a healthy Cavs team vs the Warriors without there 2nd and 3rd best players? Ya that would be a lock too. Notice the trend of every team they played not having their pg and many others. The fact of the matter is the Warriors didn't beat any one last year, not the Clippers, not the Thunder, Not the Spurs and not the Cavs (healthy) so I'm gonna go ahead and a big ol asterix next to that paper championship. They knew their title run was a joke and came out with a chip on their shoulder, on a mission this year 44-4 or whatever that's incredible, it's beyond amazing but the fact is in a couple months from now that record goes to 0-0 just like that and they won't get to dodge the elite this time. Come playoff time we have a hand full of teams that all have an equal shot at the ship.

ClevelandSteamers

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 15, 2015
Let's take a look back at the Warriors hand gifted on a silver platter title run from last year shall we. In the first round they beat a young Pelicans team without Jrue Holliday and some others. In the next round they beat the Grizzlies, remember Mike Conley missed the first few games then he came back with the mask and all that stuff ya another easy series, then in the west finals they beat the mighty Rockets without Pat Beverly too who would've given curry a little bit of D. Then on to the finals vs the Cavs without Love and Irving Lol Horray. Let's turn the tables, imagine a healthy Cavs team vs the Warriors without there 2nd and 3rd best players? Ya that would be a lock too. Notice the trend of every team they played not having their pg and many others. The fact of the matter is the Warriors didn't beat any one last year, not the Clippers, not the Thunder, Not the Spurs and not the Cavs (healthy) so I'm gonna go ahead and a big ol asterix next to that paper championship. They knew their title run was a joke and came out with a chip on their shoulder, on a mission this year 44-4 or whatever that's incredible, it's beyond amazing but the fact is in a couple months from now that record goes to 0-0 just like that and they won't get to dodge the elite this time. Come playoff time we have a hand full of teams that all have an equal shot at the ship.

Playoffs are a different animal. We saw it in the finals when Curry's ass tightened up more than a straight guy in a gay bar.

Gotta give them credit though, they won.

With that being said....How about this one!

Cavs are the first team in NBA history to ever MAKE THE FINALS without 2 of their top 3 scorers from the regular season. That's who the Warriors beat...

Everyone has called me crazy since the pre-season. But the Clippers are my pick to win the WEST :0002

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

THE ONLY ONE

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2003
Lol. That's an impressive feat for Lebron even in a weak conference. Would not be surprised if the Clippers or thunder came out of the west, there's tons of value right there :0corn

margwellus

Forum Member
Apr 2, 2005
Playoffs are a different animal. We saw it in the finals when Curry's ass tightened up more than a straight guy in a gay bar.

Gotta give them credit though, they won.

With that being said....How about this one!

Cavs are the first team in NBA history to ever MAKE THE FINALS without 2 of their top 3 scorers from the regular season. That's who the Warriors beat...

Everyone has called me crazy since the pre-season. But the Clippers are my pick to win the WEST :0002

TurnDown, My friend Peteyboy will be thrilled to hear you say that, as he is a longtime season ticket holder for the Clips and we always have good back and forths when the two teams compete (and even when they don't). Clips always play the Dubs close and I hope we get to play them in May or June...and it will bring me a lot of joy to see Chris Paul get extra whiny and pissy when they shown the exit door from the Warriors. As for your earlier question about defending the Warriors, well, it's tough to match up man to man and stay with that...ball movement and screens are their keys to creating the open looks they get. It helps that they have a point guard who can pretty much lay ankle breakers on 98% of the players in the league (though I was impressed with Galloway's D the other night in NY), a 2 guard in Klay who can break down most any defender whether it's with his deadly quick release shooting (45, 32 and 34 in his last three games) or drives to the basket and Draymond with his high screen and roll and uncanny court vision is like having a coach on the floor..Add in Harrison Barnes and the other roles players and they just give defenses fits. It's a "pick your poison" kind of a thing.. As they showed last year, (and some of this year) you just never who who is gonna step up and have the big game, but someone usually does..and 4 teams this year so far, they have lost, but even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes...

ONLY ONE, you sound like Doc Rivers, and all the other detractors with some kind of chip on his shoulder. Are you a Clips fan too? Or maybe (worse yet) a Cavs fan? Sure the Dubs got some breaks last year but they weren't going to lose to ANYBODY, and if they stay healthy they will repeat. As for your "what if" comments, especially in regards to the Cavs, do you already forget the can of whoop-ass the Dubs opened up on the Cavs a few weeks ago IN Cleveland, with LeBron, Kyrie and Kevin Love in the line-up, 132-98? Guess that was just some dumb luck...and as for the ELITE teams you refer to, ummmmmmmm, can you enlighten me as to just who you are talking about? Besides the Spurs I'm really having a hard time with this one....The Thunder are going NOWHERE (KD and Westbrook are two of my fave players in the game but come May it's takes more than two guys to carry the load -- just ask LeBron). Clips? Not as long as Doc keeps believing in Jamal Crawford and allowing him to shoot his team out of a game until he catches fire like he does every 5 or 6 games.. The Rockets? Memphis? Dallas? Atlanta? all worse than they were last year....Indiana? maybe when Myles Turner has another year or two under his belt and they add a real center.

um, elite? I don't see it...I see lots of great players on lots of decent teams. None of which has the depth and balance and chemistry of the Warriors. LeBron will likely get another shot at a ring this year as the East should be theirs unless Chicago, Toronto or Miami has something to say about it, but LeBron doesn't have a strong enough cast (even with the new miracle coach Tyrone Lue now at the helm!) to reach the promised land...But it sure will be fun to watch him try....

Jord, I get it, all good, keep doing what you do and best of luck.

Bombs, it isn't about me playing the Dubs at every turn, and betting with my heart. I bet them when it feels right and watch the team regularly -- actually prefer to bet in-game to get a sense of the rhythm of the game....had Philly in game the other night against them and won easily...I was just checking in to see if Jord was crazy enough to bite on a sucker's bet. Kinda glad he didn't...shows me some mettle :lol:

press on gents, and may the bounces go your way..

peteyboy

Forum Member
Feb 10, 2005
Cmon margwellus. You yammer on about how Jord should bet the Warriors 1q and 1h for the rest of the season. Then when he asks you to put up, you obfuscate and create a new and completely different bet? Tells me that your arrogance is not true confidence. Mere bluster. Put up or shut up as they say!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ClevelandSteamers

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 15, 2015
Cmon margwellus. You yammer on about how Jord should bet the Warriors 1q and 1h for the rest of the season. Then when he asks you to put up, you obfuscate and create a new and completely different bet? Tells me that your arrogance is not true confidence. Mere bluster. Put up or shut up as they say!

Spot on. My thoughts exactly.

margwellus

Forum Member
Apr 2, 2005
My .02.. Golden State 2016 NBA champs only team with a shot is the Spurs. Clips No way, Thunder No way, Cavs not a chance.

BleedingPurple....Spot on. My thoughts exactly.

oh and Peteyboy and TurnDown when you were kids were you the guys standing in the schoolyard yelling "Fight, Fight, Fight" when two other kids started having words? Why are you so vested in seeing Jord and I have action, unless of course you're secretly wanting that for yourself? I don't need to prove anything by taking Jord's money. It's actually almost as much fun just observing you guys (you a Clips fan too Turndown?) getting worked up because as CP3(0-for-his-career) says to Deandre (SkyDunker) so fittingly in that hilarious State Farm commercial Meet The Hoopers, "YOU AIN'T GOT NO RINGS!".

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

THE ONLY ONE

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2003
ONLY ONE, you sound like Doc Rivers, and all the other detractors with some kind of chip on his shoulder. Are you a Clips fan too? Or maybe (worse yet) a Cavs fan? Sure the Dubs got some breaks last year but they weren't going to lose to ANYBODY, and if they stay healthy they will repeat. As for your "what if" comments, especially in regards to the Cavs, do you already forget the can of whoop-ass the Dubs opened up on the Cavs a few weeks ago IN Cleveland, with LeBron, Kyrie and Kevin Love in the line-up, 132-98? Guess that was just some dumb luck...and as for the ELITE teams you refer to, ummmmmmmm, can you enlighten me as to just who you are talking about? Besides the Spurs I'm really having a hard time with this one....The Thunder are going NOWHERE (KD and Westbrook are two of my fave players in the game but come May it's takes more than two guys to carry the load -- just ask LeBron). Clips? Not as long as Doc keeps believing in Jamal Crawford and allowing him to shoot his team out of a game until he catches fire like he does every 5 or 6 games.. The Rockets? Memphis? Dallas? Atlanta? all worse than they were last year....Indiana? maybe when Myles Turner has another year or two under his belt and they add a real center.

um, elite? I don't see it...I see lots of great players on lots of decent teams. None of which has the depth and balance and chemistry of the Warriors. LeBron will likely get another shot at a ring this year as the East should be theirs unless Chicago, Toronto or Miami has something to say about it, but LeBron doesn't have a strong enough cast (even with the new miracle coach Tyrone Lue now at the helm!) to reach the promised land...But it sure will be fun to watch him try....

Thx for the doc compliment, appreciate that. Don't see how any NBA fan can not like the Cavs and clippers, they play a very entertaining brand of basketball, as do the Warriors. I'm a fan of the league, I like everyone. You say the Warriors weren't going to lose to anybody, but the fact is they didn't beat ANYBODY. Their recent blowouts of the Cavs and Spurs are impressive, but at the end of the day, meaningless scrimmages. When I say elite teams, I'm talking about the big 5 - the Warriors, Cavs, Clippers, Thunder and Spurs. Cleveland is a lock to be in the finals, barring injuries and blockbuster trades in the east, their even looking to add a piece like a Markieff Morris to solidify that bench. The west teams on the other hand, have it a lot tougher cause they gotta get through 3 top teams to win it all. I'll make sure to bump this thread when the Dodgers, I mean the Warriors don't repeat. Lol

peteyboy

Forum Member
Feb 10, 2005
BleedingPurple....Spot on. My thoughts exactly.

oh and Peteyboy and TurnDown when you were kids were you the guys standing in the schoolyard yelling "Fight, Fight, Fight" when two other kids started having words? Why are you so vested in seeing Jord and I have action, unless of course you're secretly wanting that for yourself? I don't need to prove anything by taking Jord's money. It's actually almost as much fun just observing you guys (you a Clips fan too Turndown?) getting worked up because as CP3(0-for-his-career) says to Deandre (SkyDunker) so fittingly in that hilarious State Farm commercial Meet The Hoopers, "YOU AIN'T GOT NO RINGS!".

Don't trip over your tail as you backtrack

ClevelandSteamers

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 15, 2015
My .02.. Golden State 2016 NBA champs only team with a shot is the Spurs. Clips No way, Thunder No way, Cavs not a chance.

I'm not sure how you can say this?

Cavs took them to 6 games without Love or Irving. And should've won that 1st game and could've easily been up 3-0. Cavs could've taken 2 games off to rest and finished them. The Cavs were so short handed their backup PG was getting IV bags after the games!!

Yes they waxed the Cavs at home, but the Cavs also had a nail biter in Oracle with that moron Blatt on the sidelines. Tyron Lue is a smart man. He's been doing what I've been screaming for 2 years. USE KEVIN LOVE. If he's going to hurt you on defense, make him hurt other teams on defense. I played basketball through college(this is my RhodeJoe plug lol) And it takes a few games to adjust to offenses and coaches. Practice is nothing compared to live action. As matter of fact, that should apply in any team sport really.

That isolation offense that Blatt ran made me wanna fucking shoot MYSELF!

Irving, James, and Love...3 guys who can run the floor and attack the basket....but you're running an isolation offense?

the addict

BI-WINNING
Forum Member
Oct 9, 2009
PA proud
Warriors most overrated team in history.

They are good but overrated
They Play in a time where there is depleted rosters and no defense...they are smart and filled the roster with a bunch of "shooters"....it works out when every team has it's defenders 2 ft off the ball and a player showing effort on the defensive end is about as rare as a patriots season ending without a cheating scandal

Doesn't make the Warriors any less deserving of wearing the championship crown....just means their run and success should be looked at in perspective...

Michael's bulls, magic's lakers, bird's celtics... hell even the Pistons with Rodman and thomas.....those teams went to war nightly....rosters were far more balanced and competitive as a whole....guys played defense...every team at least had at a minimum a passion for the game which translated into effort.....half of these guys in today's NBA love the fame and celebrity far more then the game.

Philly, lakers, sactown, denver, new orleans, minnesota, phoenix, utah, Orlando....and the list goes on....the competitive balance is nowhere close to what it once was....

Again, doesn't make the Warriors less deserving of the trophy....playing against terrible competition just magnifies their talent, roster, and potential success......if other great teams played college talent every 3rd game and were in a league filled with bums, 72 wins would've been closer to 78.....

Warriors are a good team who for at least a majority of the time are playing bad talent.......the true elite teams beat competitive talent consistently....it isn't the Warriors fault or something they should be concerned with....but for historians and record keepers, I'm sure they are documenting that this warriors run has came in a time where there is 1 team considered their equal and are realistically 3 teams in the entire league that could contend along side of them....Spurs, Cavs, OKC....... this compared to 4-5 teams coming from each confrence who could potentially hoist the trophy like it was for a looking time.....

Marwellus before you have a stroke, I still think the Warriors are a good team and great champions, but they are absolutely held in higher regard then appropriate in my opinion .....just my opinion tho....I think if this same roster played in the 70s, 80s, 90s, 0r even early 2000s, they would just be another one of the better teams chasing bird, or magic, or michael, or kobe and shaq.....they are fortunate to play in the window they are
....draymond is a beast but besides him they lack to much of a toughness and physicality for me to love them....

They are still really good......to bad they are cheered by a bunch of band wagon fans at the oracle.....

T

Casa Bonita Cliff Diver
Forum Member
Sep 1, 2012
Got some great laughs out of the nonsense posted about the Warriors...:142smilie

Isn't ironic how all people can do is bash greatness. Why not try to embrace it ?

No team in the NBA is close to the Warriors except SA. End of story. GS's 2nd unit could compete and beat over 50% of the teams in the NBA. No one is close.

Not sure what some of you are watching but Clippers are going no where they suck behind the starting 5.
Oh
Same as the Cavs...And for the Cavs this team plays ZERO DEFENSE. (*except Lebron) when he wants.

We all witnessed Lebron in his prime when the Heat won 2 titles. That Lebron is done.

I would bet my money that Lebron never wins another ring....Never is tough but NEVER with the starting 5 he has now. NEVER.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the addict

BI-WINNING
Forum Member
Oct 9, 2009
PA proud
Got some great laughs out of the nonsense posted about the Warriors...:142smilie

Isn't ironic how all people can do is bash greatness. Why not try to embrace it ?

No team in the NBA is close to the Warriors except SA. End of story. GS's 2nd unit could compete and beat over 50% of the teams in the NBA. No one is close.

Not sure what some of you are watching but Clippers are going no where they suck behind the starting 5.
Oh
Same as the Cavs...And for the Cavs this team plays ZERO DEFENSE. (*except Lebron) when he wants.

We all witnessed Lebron in his prime when the Heat won 2 titles. That Lebron is done.

I would bet my money that Lebron never wins another ring....Never is tough but NEVER with the starting 5 he has now. NEVER.

Are you tfresh and Dr ray?

Serious question I can't keep up with who is who.....

Anyways, you have to realize it's all opinion based on who is the best of the elite teams...they all have produced and won...

So to say "it's funny how people cannot appreciate greatness like the Warriors". ...and in your next post you totally dismiss what the Cavs did last year in the first year EVER that group played together, is kinda comical in itself....they went 6 games in finals without love and kyrie......do the Warriors even make the finals without klay and draymond?

My point is, it is fine to have your opinion, but to try and make other people feel lesser for theirs is lame at best.....

I agree with some of your post....the majority of the NBA isn't close to golden state....that was my point....are they really that good, or is the competition that bad? Just a way of thinking.

ClevelandSteamers

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 15, 2015
Oh

1- You do realize that the Cavs are #2 in scoring defense, right?

2- LeBron done? :mj07::mj07::mj07::mj07: Did you not see him last year in the finals SINGLE HANDEDLY dictate EVERY possession? Even the great players who ever played said it was one of the most amazing things they've ever witnessed. I don't think you would've found many legends or players complain if LeBron got finals MVP!

4- I'll take that bet in a heartbeat. The NBA has such high turnover that you're making a statement in the moment. You'd be foolish to make that bet.

Bet on MyBookie