Jord?

ClevelandSteamers

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 15, 2015
Are you tfresh and Dr ray?

Serious question I can't keep up with who is who.....

Anyways, you have to realize it's all opinion based on who is the best of the elite teams...they all have produced and won...

So to say "it's funny how people cannot appreciate greatness like the Warriors". ...and in your next post you totally dismiss what the Cavs did last year in the first year EVER that group played together, is kinda comical in itself....they went 6 games in finals without love and kyrie......do the Warriors even make the finals without klay and draymond?

My point is, it is fine to have your opinion, but to try and make other people feel lesser for theirs is lame at best.....

I agree with some of your post....the majority of the NBA isn't close to golden state....that was my point....are they really that good, or is the competition that bad? Just a way of thinking.

The Warriors would've lost in the 1st round without 2 of their top 3. I think they lose in the 1st round without Green or Curry...yet alone 2 of the 3!

He is so caught up in the moment that he's blinded by reality. Steph Curry choked on his chicken last year against a backup PG in the finals. He only caught fire once the games were out of reach xstop

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Where it is real F ing COLD
I'm not sure how you can say this? Cavs took them to 6 games without Love or Irving. And should've won that 1st game and could've easily been up 3-0. Cavs could've taken 2 games off to rest and finished them. The Cavs were so short handed their backup PG was getting IV bags after the games!! Yes they waxed the Cavs at home, but the Cavs also had a nail biter in Oracle with that moron Blatt on the sidelines. Tyron Lue is a smart man. He's been doing what I've been screaming for 2 years. USE KEVIN LOVE. If he's going to hurt you on defense, make him hurt other teams on defense. I played basketball through college(this is my RhodeJoe plug lol) And it takes a few games to adjust to offenses and coaches. Practice is nothing compared to live action. As matter of fact, that should apply in any team sport really. That isolation offense that Blatt ran made me wanna fucking shoot MYSELF! Irving, James, and Love...3 guys who can run the floor and attack the basket....but you're running an isolation offense?

Curry was brutal, last year they were a young inexperienced team, this year they are more experienced and appear very hungry with a chip on their shoulder. any team coming out of the East doesn't impress me, Kevin Love is a shell of how he was in Minnesota and can't play a lock of defense, Golden Sate plays Better D and has more horses. Just my thoughts

ClevelandSteamers

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 15, 2015
Curry was brutal, last year they were a young inexperienced team, this year they are more experienced and appear very hungry with a chip on their shoulder. any team coming out of the East doesn't impress me, Kevin Love is a shell of how he was in Minnesota and can't play a lock of defense, Golden Sate plays Better D and has more horses. Just my thoughts

More horses I would agree. Better defense? I totally disagree. Golden Sate gives up almost 8more pts a game than Cleveland. Which is even crazier when you consider the fact that GSW are playing in a lot of blowouts...

Love isn't a shell of himself, they just had a fucking moron at coach not using him. Love's reputation coming out of Minnesota was that he didn't/couldn't play defense. He was just on a shitty team so it was never big news.

In fact, given the switch up the Cavs have made at coach and given the fact that got destroyed at home. That might actually help them once it comes to the finals.

Everyone forgets that the playoffs slow down and LeBron controls the game. I'm not sure how anyone can watch last years finals and take themselves serious saying the Cavs don't have a chance. 6 games with a bunch of career backups!!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

T

Casa Bonita Cliff Diver
Forum Member
Sep 1, 2012
More horses I would agree. Better defense? I totally disagree. Golden Sate gives up almost 8more pts a game than Cleveland. Which is even crazier when you consider the fact that GSW are playing in a lot of blowouts...

Love isn't a shell of himself, they just had a fucking moron at coach not using him. Love's reputation coming out of Minnesota was that he didn't/couldn't play defense. He was just on a shitty team so it was never big news.

In fact, given the switch up the Cavs have made at coach and given the fact that got destroyed at home. That might actually help them once it comes to the finals.

Everyone forgets that the playoffs slow down and LeBron controls the game. I'm not sure how anyone can watch last years finals and take themselves serious saying the Cavs don't have a chance. 6 games with a bunch of career backups!!

TDFW...

You're clearly a CAVS HOMER...So the coversation is kinda jaded.

Love, Irving & Smith all blow at defense. End of story there...Good luck. Cavs won't win anything with this current roster.

ClevelandSteamers

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 15, 2015
TDFW...

Love, Irving & Smith all blow at defense. End of story there...Good luck. Cavs won't win anything with this current roster.

I'm certainly not a homer. I'll be the first to admit that Love and Irving don't play a damn lick of defense. JR isn't in the same category as them though. He is a very capable defender. Not near as bad as Love/Irving.

My point is they simply lost to the gsw because of the depth they had and lack of firepower. The playoffs slow down and those role players don't play well on the road as they do at home. The Cavs were playing 1 superstar and whoever was on the floor was a role player. That won't be the case this year(if healthy). I mean anyone who's not blind(literally) could see that the Cavs team was just flat out exhausted.

I'll also be the first one to say that I think the Warriors would win if they played again. I just think it's insane to think that a team who went 6 games(could've been 7 if they had won game 1) has NO CHANCE with the roster they have now? LOL

I also think the Clippers win the West. But hey, what do I know? :0corn

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

margwellus

Forum Member
Apr 2, 2005
TDFW...

spot on. my thoughts exactly T.
TDFW, lotta woulda, coulda shoulda's coming from your general direction and a whole lotta "ifs" too. Lots of comment on here.

First of all, no disputing LeBron's Herculean effort last year in the NBA finals. But that was because he HAD to do that, in order to give the Cavs ANY shot at winning. It was an incredible boring brand of basketball but an incredibly magnificent display of his strength and abilities. The reason he HAD to do that was because his supporting cast was pretty abysmal -- with a few moments of flash in the pan from DoveOnTheFloora and a Mozgov sighting or three. With Kyrie back and Love in the mix he won't have to play that style again, but likely will revert to that because he'll have to and because he doesn't fully trust his teammates or make his teammates better the way Michael did.

As for your points about the Cavs defense versus the Warriors defense. Why do you think the cavs give up so few points...Ever consider that their grind it to a halt, isolation offense takes almost an entire shot clock to have anything develop so the number of possessions per game is a lot less than most other games. And the converse can be said for the Warriors. Their uptempo, swing the ball style results in a lot more action and more possessions per game than say a Cavs game. Actually the Warriors uptempo offense starts with their defense and they are one of the better defending teams in the league (points per game doesn't tell the story by itself).

I gotta agree with BleedingPurple here. Not saying there is NO WAY the Cavs don't win it all, they are odds on faves to get to the finals from the east, that's for certain. It does seem clear that you're a big Cavs fan, but I'm a bit surprised at some of your observations especially given that you say you played college ball (may I ask where that was?). That all said, here's my question to you... the Cavs are 2-1 or +200 to win the NBA Championship. ...Care to make some kind of a wager on that one? (I'll lay the 2-1).
Name it, it could be something fun, or just straight up cash.

ClevelandSteamers

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 15, 2015
spot on. my thoughts exactly T.
TDFW, lotta woulda, coulda shoulda's coming from your general direction and a whole lotta "ifs" too. Lots of comment on here.

First of all, no disputing LeBron's Herculean effort last year in the NBA finals. But that was because he HAD to do that, in order to give the Cavs ANY shot at winning. It was an incredible boring brand of basketball but an incredibly magnificent display of his strength and abilities. The reason he HAD to do that was because his supporting cast was pretty abysmal -- with a few moments of flash in the pan from DoveOnTheFloora and a Mozgov sighting or three. With Kyrie back and Love in the mix he won't have to play that style again, but likely will revert to that because he'll have to and because he doesn't fully trust his teammates or make his teammates better the way Michael did.

As for your points about the Cavs defense versus the Warriors defense. Why do you think the cavs give up so few points...Ever consider that their grind it to a halt, isolation offense takes almost an entire shot clock to have anything develop so the number of possessions per game is a lot less than most other games. And the converse can be said for the Warriors. Their uptempo, swing the ball style results in a lot more action and more possessions per game than say a Cavs game. Actually the Warriors uptempo offense starts with their defense and they are one of the better defending teams in the league (points per game doesn't tell the story by itself).

I gotta agree with BleedingPurple here. Not saying there is NO WAY the Cavs don't win it all, they are odds on faves to get to the finals from the east, that's for certain. It does seem clear that you're a big Cavs fan, but I'm a bit surprised at some of your observations especially given that you say you played college ball (may I ask where that was?). That all said, here's my question to you... the Cavs are 2-1 or +200 to win the NBA Championship. ...Care to make some kind of a wager on that one? (I'll lay the 2-1).
Name it, it could be something fun, or just straight up cash.

You agree with everyone who agrees with you. I would've never thunk! LOL I don't think you need to reiterate that. We kind of just assume...

I've made it known I am a Cavs fan. But I'm a realistic Cavs fan. How many times do I have to repeat that if they play GS I think they'd ultimately lose? You are saying they have no chance, which I think is just crazy considering what we saw last year. If he does grind it to a halt(which clearly isn't going to happen in Lue's attacking pick'n'roll offense), he won't be playing 38-40+ minutes because the team has depth now. So really, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make?

I played small college ball. Nothing like RhodeJoe. I experienced turnover and 2 different coaches in my tenure. It takes a few games to adjust to a new coaches mentality and style. Especially when you've been running coach X's style for so long. Takes time to see the light so to speak.

As far as your bet, I have no interest in that. I think the only way they win is if they play anyone outside of GSW. However, I would take those same odds on them taking the Warriors more than 4 games. I mean "no chance" would be certainly grounds for a sweep, right?

It honestly baffles me how you completely ignore Irving/Love getting hurt to how that they're healthy they're a worse team?

ClevelandSteamers

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 15, 2015

But you want to make a "if" the Cavs win bet? I don't get it.

I know this much. If Curry, Thompson, or Green...any of those 3 get hurt...I'll give you 1,000,000 to 1 odds that they don't even make it to the finals. Ironic considering the Cavs made it without 2 of their top 3 scorers. ONLY team in NBA history to do so.

Enjoy your Oracle ride while it last. In 2 years, the Warriors are going to be just another NBA team that people enjoyed watching while it was fun.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

margwellus

Forum Member
Apr 2, 2005

I know this much. If Curry, Thompson, or Green...any of those 3 get hurt...I'll give you 1,000,000 to 1 odds that they don't even make it to the finals. Ironic considering the Cavs made it without 2 of their top 3 scorers. ONLY team in NBA history to do so.

Enjoy your Oracle ride while it last. In 2 years, the Warriors are going to be just another NBA team that people enjoyed watching while it was fun.

what don't you get? You love the cavs. I'm giving you 2-1 odds they won't win the championship, something you think they can do. I think they won't. There's no "if" scenario, no whining about injuries or "what if" situations...It is what it is. right now...REALITY CHECK for ya TurnDown. you in?

margwellus

Forum Member
Apr 2, 2005

Hey, no worries TurnDown. no play on the call...all good....will be interesting to see if the Cavs make any moves before the trade deadline Feb 18th. ...I believe LeBron and the clearly the GM (and everyone else that answers to LeBron in Cleveland) feels they can't win as they are, be it against the Warriors, or anyone else from the West.

ClevelandSteamers

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 15, 2015
what don't you get? You love the cavs. I'm giving you 2-1 odds they won't win the championship, something you think they can do. I think they won't. There's no "if" scenario, no whining about injuries or "what if" situations...It is what it is. right now...REALITY CHECK for ya TurnDown. you in?

The reality check will be for you if GS doesn't win lol

I already have bets on the NBA finals outcomes. Betting a stranger does nothing for me. If I wanted to make a bet, why wouldn't I just make it with Vegas where I know I'll get paid?:142smilie

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008

I would give a lot of the scoring defense to playing the East night in and night out and when you play blowouts more points will be scored in some of these games cause when you are up 20 who cares about defense? Matched up against teams that have depth they can really exploit the Cavs 1 on 1 in many situations. GIve me GSW any day of the week over every team in the league.. San Antonio only team IMO but what the hell do I know?

T

Casa Bonita Cliff Diver
Forum Member
Sep 1, 2012
GS on opposite coasts goes into Washington and throttles the Wizards...

While YOUR coulda been world champs go into Charlotte (not even .500) team and get their asses KICKED on the defensive end.

Cleveland 16 total assists... Char 26. What does that tell you ? Selfish players on a selfish team...Who play shitty defense.

Same Ol' Story. Two different teams on two different planets.

Just stating the facts...:0008

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008

While YOUR coulda been world champs go into Charlotte (not even .500) team and get their asses KICKED on the defensive end.

Cleveland 16 total assists... Char 26. What does that tell you ? Selfish players on a selfish team...Who play shitty defense.

This

bulldog

Forum Member
Sep 28, 1999
deep south
don't care how much overvalued golden state is they cannot get the line high enough the rest of the season including the playoffs for me to bet against them. game line or total, as I have been killed this betting on dogs at home and the under when they play and most of time they score 90 or before the 3rd quarter is over and have a 20 point lead.

ClevelandSteamers

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 15, 2015

Right because the Wizards are better than....oh wait, they're looking up in the standings as well.

How do you explain losing to the Milwaukee Bucks?

Or a buzzer beater to beat the Knicks?

How about OT to be the 76ers? The worst team in NBA history...

Lets not even mention they should've lost at home to Brooklyn!! But Iggy hit a deep contested 3 to FORCE OT.

Did we forget about the Nuggets at home as well? Only to turn around and lose on the road to them?

Piston and Mavs, 2 middle of the road teams...similar to Charlotte...THROTTLED the Warriors...

If anything, quit being a homer and use your betting sense. Your betting sense should tell you that these games' outcomes mean very little.

The Warriors have only 4 losses. I've watched every game they could've lost. The ball just bounces their way. Just how it works. They melt when the games are tight. They've melted in every game. Their 3 star players aren't even the reason why they won the Knicks, 76ers, Nets, and Nuggets games...

Yes hindsight is 20/20, but a lot of this shit gets forgotten until something goes wrong. We look back and say "well, they didn't win it all, but lets be realistic, they were lucky to win this game, this game, etc...)

ClevelandSteamers

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 15, 2015
ps. The Cavs do at times lack passing. That's why Delladova is important to the team(other than locking up your wonderboy Curry last year in the finals).

But they lost the Charlotte cuz they got hammered on the boards. 18 rebounds for Charlotte in the 1st quarter alone to Clevelands 6.

I can be subjective with my team.

You think the Warriors are the greatest thing since slice bread. You would probably try to convince someone that Their whole team should be the WEST all-star team.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ClevelandSteamers

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 15, 2015
I would give a lot of the scoring defense to playing the East night in and night out and when you play blowouts more points will be scored in some of these games cause when you are up 20 who cares about defense? Matched up against teams that have depth they can really exploit the Cavs 1 on 1 in many situations. GIve me GSW any day of the week over every team in the league.. San Antonio only team IMO but what the hell do I know?

That's an opinion. There is no proof to your hypothesis. But what is true is that the Warriors give up almost 103pts a game. That alone tells me that when the playoffs start and the games slow down...What are they gonna do in crunch time? Anyone can launch a 28ft 3 when you're up 10+....But do you have that same confidence when you're down 5 with 1min to go? Does your role player who's been cold have the confidence to pull the trigger on a shot? We all saw what happened to Green and Barnes when they got cold last year. Iggy, Barbosa, and Speights bailed the Warriors out...(I mentioned them because at the time I would consider them the 2 main role players). However, with that being said, I will repeat this for the 100th time....The Warriors bench is why they are so good. It's hard when you can bring those types of players off the bench. But that will not last long. Barbosa and Livingston(team option) make less money COMBINED than Jason Thompson does...and both are FAs...not to mention Speights/Rush/Barnes/Ezili

margwellus

Forum Member
Apr 2, 2005
That's an opinion. There is no proof to your hypothesis. But what is true is that the Warriors give up almost 103pts a game. That alone tells me that when the playoffs start and the games slow down...What are they gonna do in crunch time? Anyone can launch a 28ft 3 when you're up 10+....But do you have that same confidence when you're down 5 with 1min to go? Does your role player who's been cold have the confidence to pull the trigger on a shot? We all saw what happened to Green and Barnes when they got cold last year. Iggy, Barbosa, and Speights bailed the Warriors out...(I mentioned them because at the time I would consider them the 2 main role players). However, with that being said, I will repeat this for the 100th time....The Warriors bench is why they are so good. It's hard when you can bring those types of players off the bench. But that will not last long. Barbosa and Livingston(team option) make less money COMBINED than Jason Thompson does...and both are FAs...not to mention Speights/Rush/Barnes/Ezili

Just an observation here Turndown. Your constant attempts at belittling the Dubs (and defending the Cavs) as well as bringing up scenarios of "IF ONLY such and such had happened" is really doing nothing for ya here....in fact you're losing credibility in my eyes the more you post. Good luck with your bets..oh and as for those bets you already made on the outcome of the NBA finals, I'm curious as to what those were and what the return might be (Cavs to win it all +200?) ...(those "futures" pretty much usually underpay most of the time, although I like my return with the Carolina Panthers bet I made at the beginning of playoffs to win the Super Bowl at + 300).

Bet on MyBookie