Michigan is gonna smoke Ohio St.

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

mademan

Forum Member
Aug 5, 2003
BigTen Country
I don't know the line yet, but whatever it is, lay the points.

I know there's a large Buckeye fanbase here, and I'm sure you'll flood this thread, but here is my prediction...like it or not.

Michigan 28
OSU 9

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
the thing is, theres going to be NO line value whatsoever. michigan will probably be -4 or -4.5.

i hate ohio state, but its tough to blow that team out because theyre so conservative and play sound D. my prediction is something like michigan 21-13.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
freeze:

michigan blowing teams out lately and bucks playing close gms. imo, michigan will be laying more than normal in this matchup. we'll see.

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
Replace 'Michigan' in this thread title with 'Miami', and multiply it by 254 threads, and that's what we had for 5 weeks last year before the National Championship game. I guess people don't yet understand that defense and special teams actually affect the outcome of games. Good luck with that prediction, Jsmooth.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
Kosar, I'm not even a Buckeye fan and that's what I keep trying to tell people. When you're one of the top 2 teams or so in the country in 2/3's of the game (D and special teams), you don't have to put up insane numbers when you have the ball. When teams can't score on you, there's a pretty good chance you're going to win the ballgame, prolific offense or not.

PocketAces

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 30, 2003
WI
your right...

your right...

because Ohio St. would stand a chance against Oklahoma. Thats because Ohio St. has a "prolific" defense.

Nice take. Too bad it doesn't matter.

AA

ctownguy

Life is Good
Forum Member
Jul 27, 2000
SoCal
Kosar, I think you might be right. This guy does sound like old smoothy.

Whatever you do don't bet with this deadbeat:D

All Ohio St backers just sit back this year and listen to all the OSU haters whine and cry and predict the Buckeyes demise.

I'll just wait till they play the game on the field.

AFTER ALL THE BUCKEYES ARE NATIONAL CHAMPS AND UNTIL UNSEATED, THEY CAN SAY WHATEVER THEY WANT BUT THEY STILL ARE;)

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

PocketAces

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 30, 2003
WI
Really...

Really...

It doesn't matter. They won't play for the Championship anyway. Save your breath.

What do you think the line for next weeks game will be?

Step up. Make a prediction. ;142loser:

AA

Scott4USC

Fight On!
Forum Member
Sep 11, 2002
I am now 100% OSU is not better than USC. Too bad USC can't play them in traditional ROSE BOWL! The funny thing is I was rooting for OSU win. I had $500 on Purdue +3.5 and $500 on OSU -2.5. Guess i lucked out but was not gonna be sad if Purdue won and USC goes to NC. MICHIGAN BETTER WIN NEXT WEEK!!!!!

FIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

GENO

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2002
Plain City OH
man I had almost forgot about JS talk about time warp.

This game will be a battle I think. Michigan -6.5 to 7.5 with a 1-2 point pull down for the respect of the game makes it :

Michigan -5.5

there is a prediction for you pocket

:cool:

PocketAces

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 30, 2003
WI
Well at least...

Well at least...

At least Geno has the stones to make a prediction...Sort of. Kind of gave yourself a 3+ point swing there? What was your prediction again? 7.5 open with a 5.5 close?

If so I agree.

Did I puke yet ctownguy? Yes becuase your posts are so witty and effective.

Keep up the good work.

By the way I had your Championship team -3 for a push. So I obviously saw something in them. Not sure what now though. All I remember is a team that likes to play for field goals because like you said it doesn't matter if they hav a "prolific" offense.

Good luck, you'll need it.

AA

ctownguy

Life is Good
Forum Member
Jul 27, 2000
SoCal
Pocket it was just a joke alluding to your post in another thread.

Not getting baited into pissing match, just a little attempt at humor.

Chill brother, next week the teams will get it done on the field, just like this week.

Have a good week at least until Sat :D

ELVIS

Forum Member
Sep 25, 2002
memphis
osu always finds a way to win. good team. they do not have the talent of mich. mich almost always have more talent than their opponents. and many times they "under achieve". which mich team will show up ?

Iminforabuck

Forum Member
Jan 9, 2003
Canton, Ohio
The Bucks may win.....they may not win....but I'll tell ya one thing.... Michigan wont be putting up 28 points....unless they're playing 8 quarters

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
Bfinste,

That's what I don't get. People discount two thirds of the game like it doesn't matter.

Ctown,

Lol- nah- I won't be betting with that stiff again, for obvious reasons.

Pocket aces,

I think it will open somewhere around Michigan -5 . Also, your derision of 'prolific' defenses is silly. Oklahoma won the Nat Champ with nothing but defense and special teams against Fla St a few years ago. Oh, and did you happen to watch the game last year? That horrible National 'chump' 14 (opener) pt underdog got lucky again. They scored a few points in that one when they had to(even before the overtimes) against that 'incredible' Miami defense.

Scott4USC,

That would suck if OSU beats Michigan and overtakes USC in the BCS rankings.

Elvis,

Better talent for Michigan? No way. Very similar. But Michigan has the game at home and it should come down to the end, one way or the other.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

skillrules

Dedicated
Forum Member
Sep 23, 2002
Los Angeles
www.mma.tv
my only problem with OSU is their mediocre ATS record. I dont bet any of their games, cant get a feel for them.

The fact that they have such a high win percentage the last 2 years, I might be tempted to take them as an underdog.

The Big Tease

DUKE SUCKS
Forum Member
Mar 9, 2000
Columbus,OH USA
Kosar.....YOU DA MAN! I know I am a homer, but even if I werent, I dont see how people continually discount what OSU has been able to do.

Scott......OK, NOW you are sure that USC is better? What beating a Top 10 team, makes you certain? Was it neccessary to blow them out? Sorry, but a Purdue team that brought their "A"game does not get blown out by ANYBODY. Thats includes Oklahoma, and your beloved Trojans. They are far too experienced and play too good of defense.

The typical non-Buckeye fan is ignoring the fact that we have been able to move the ball somewhat the last 4 games. I think that the 350+ yards we put up today against Purdue is VERY good.

Lydell Ross is finally healthy and he has shown ability to hit holes....something he hasnt been able to do for awhile.

Now, I have said all along...with the emotion in this Michigan game coming up, the Buckeyes may be fighting a losing battle. You see it all the time in college sports....the home team has a HUGE advantage in big games, but the Buckeyes have a NASTY defense and special teams, and if they play the best game of the year, they CAN win this game. I sure as hell dont see any value in giving points by taking Michigan, but if you really think they are that outmatched, be my guest.

I know deep in my heart that it is going to be a good game.