My condo got robbed today

kneifl

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2001
Virginia
www.tradewithjon.com
Somebody kicked in the door, stole my camcorder, digital camera, and laptop computer. Cops over here right now dusting for prints, already gave them the serial numbers on the items. I think they were in and out because the dogs were in their cages probably barking at them the whole time.

I'm just glad the dogs weren't hurt or taken.

kneifl

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
Cops over here right now dusting for prints

Sorry to hear this Jon, and i'm glad koki and coca are fine, but you're making a post while the cops are there? Seems like it might be more helpful for yourself to give them info or whatever and save the posting for later.

Take care, man.

kneifl

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2001
Virginia
www.tradewithjon.com
Yep,

The cops kept on coming in and out of our place for the past 2 hrs. They left about a half hour ago, dusted for prints and we just got done cleaning the floor. Very messy. Said my wife and I were very smart for having the serial numbers written down on the items that were stolen, 90% of people don't do this and if it ends up in a pawn shop and the pd has the serial number they are busted. About $3K worth of stuff out the door, hopefully the deductible on my homeowners insurance isn't too much. I'm just glad our dogs weren't hurt. I'm thinking I might have a security system installed. I had a lot of cash in the house that was not taken, it was hidden. Also, lots of other valuables weren't taken so it was an in and out job.

kneifl

NySportsfan

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2002
Long Island, NY
Sorry to hear this Jon, and i'm glad koki and coca are fine, but you're making a post while the cops are there? Seems like it might be more helpful for yourself to give them info or whatever and save the posting for later.

Take care, man.

yeah, sorry to hear as well Jon

yyz

Under .500
Forum Member
Mar 16, 2000
On the course!
87% of home break-ins in the US, where the owner has the serial numbers of the items missing, the home owner is shown to be involved in an insurance scam.

(Source: Brady Bunch re-run)

Sorry, Jon............Hope it works out.

cooz3

Forum Member
Mar 2, 2002
boston
obviously someone who knew where the items where around your place unless they were blatantly out in the open...

sorry to hear ...hope they catch the phuckers..

cooz

yyz

Under .500
Forum Member
Mar 16, 2000
On the course!
"Dusting for Prince, successful!"

302912.jpg

prince_12.jpg

Cie

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 30, 2003
New Orleans
Somebody kicked in the door, stole my camcorder, digital camera, and laptop computer. Cops over here right now dusting for prints, already gave them the serial numbers on the items. I think they were in and out because the dogs were in their cages probably barking at them the whole time.

kneifl

Yuo were very fortunate that yours dogs are kept in cages. Most of the time, indoor pets run out of doors left open by burglars.

The Boys

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 17, 2001
Royal Oak, Michigan, a Detroit Suburb

kneifl

Sorry about your loss and it seems like your an honest guy. Me on the other hand I guess am not. I probably would have added my $2000 set of Ping golf clubs and my Rolex and of course my brand new 50" LCD TV set and oh man they took my IPOD I got for Christmas, etc. etc.

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
Sorry about your loss and it seems like your an honest guy. Me on the other hand I guess am not. I probably would have added my $2000 set of Ping golf clubs and my Rolex and of course my brand new 50" LCD TV set and oh man they took my IPOD I got for Christmas, etc. etc.

so you would be willing to perpetuate a fraud then

sorry for the burglary loss jon. I have had it happen and it does not feel good even after you get everything resecured. Bad feeling that someone has been in your house like that

The Boys

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 17, 2001
Royal Oak, Michigan, a Detroit Suburb

so you would be willing to perpetuate a fraud then

sorry for the burglary loss jon. I have had it happen and it does not feel good even after you get everything resecured. Bad feeling that someone has been in your house like that

Not 100% sure I would, but I might????? Let's see lived in my house for 20 years, never had a claim. I pay approx $1700 a year for home owners, that's roughly $35,000 without a claim. As I look at those number I think yes I just might pad the theft????? I don't know for sure, but I just might............

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
As I look at those number I think yes I just might pad the theft????? I don't know for sure, but I just might............

so basically your admitting to being a theif !

as sandbox monitor at madjacks I can only say one thing ..

Up against the fawking wall and spread em

PS - where is lewihands when I need his cuffs

Bet on MyBookie