NBA 2020-2021

RBD

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 23, 2020
Recap: 0-1
Playoff record: 18-20, -$360

A 17 pt second quarter, sandwiched between a 28 pt Q1 and a 38 pt Q3 killed any chance at an Over.

Today:

NP has Phx/Mil Ov, 7-7 record

Sides has Mil, 12-12 record, HF's 9-11

TR has Ov full game, 3-4 record and Phx team total Over, 4-3

I'm looking at the Over, game and Phx team total.
Phx averages 114' PPG, full season/109' post season.
Mil gives up 112' reg season, but only 98 at home during the playoffs.
The Suns fell 9 pts short of last game's #, 109, largely because they hit just 9 of 31 three point shots. Surely that # will improve by 2 or 3 made shots.
In the first two games they avg'd 18 FT's made, but had just 11 in game three.
One or two more 3 pt'ers and a couple of extra FT's would get them Over tonight's number, 108.

I missed with it last time but I think I'll take the Suns team total again, but not with a lot of confidence. Not because I don't like the situation and number (I like them both) but because . . .
I had a dream last night.
I was at Popeye's getting lunch.
With Lebron James.
At the counter he pulled the old, "I left my wallet at home" excuse.
Fucking billionaire, but I got stuck paying.
Making it worse - I ordered one Popeye's spicy chicken sandwich, and the fucking giant orders THREE.
ON MY DIME!
Then I woke up.
I don't need Freud to interpret - it means the NBA is going to cost me money tonight.

I thought of trying to get one step ahead of the premonition by fading whatever I was going to bet on, but I realize that even if I did do that, my pick will still lose - there is no avoiding fate.
So, doomed, I surrender to destiny and buy my original pick: Phx Ov 108.

Buys:
Phx team total Ov 108
Phx/Mil Ov 220'

RBD

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 23, 2020
Recap: 0-2
Record 18-22, -$580

And this is where my post season will likely end.
I still have a way to go before hitting the limit I set that would force me to shut down the season, but unless I see something very strong I'm done with the NBA.

I survived the regular season, hit my top two goals: first - not losing money, and second - banking a (very small) profit. But I couldn't get any traction in the post season, started well, then tailed off.

Last night I thought I would get a split, hit the team total, drop the full game.
Only needed 26 pts in Q4, after Q's of 24, 29, and 30. But the Suns choked in crunch time, putting up just 19 pts before they got a 2 pt gimme on the last play of the game, leaving me short of 208.

I thought they would improve on their 9 of 31 3pt shooting last night, but, hard to believe, they did worse, hitting just 7 of 23. And Chris Paul was terrible, hitting just 5 of 13 FG's, 0-2 on 3 pt'ers, but, most critical, - 5 T/O's, including one with Phoenix down by just 2 pts and 32 seconds left in the game.

I finished college b-ball 22 games over .500, reg season and tournament, but my for the second year in a row I couldn't beat the NBA, finishing 4 games over .500 in the reg season, 4 games under post season.
I prefer the college game (baskets and football) but started to actually watch NBA games towards the end of the season, not a fan, but closer than I have ever been before.
I had a lot of fun, and hopefully learned some things I can use next year if I decide to try the NBA again.

Just 44 days to kickoff.
See ya there . . .

RBD

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 23, 2020
Okay, Sun's Ov, again.
Third time lucky, or three strikes I'm out?

Buy: Suns Ov 111'

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
Bet on MyBookie