Need your prayers please...........

PAChicky

Bee
Forum Member
Feb 7, 2013
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Thank you all. He has finally arrived at Hershey and is hooked up to the External Ventricular Assist Device that is pumping his blood through his heart for him. Once he sees these Dr's we will know more. They said there could be a chance that it is not cardiomyopathy but instead endocarditis which his heart could heal from. We will know more tomorrow.

zig

Forum Member
Feb 13, 2000
WI
My thoughts and prayers are with your brother and family.

PAChicky

Bee
Forum Member
Feb 7, 2013
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Update from my mom a little bit ago. The external VAD is doing a good job for his heart and he is also on a ventilator to help him breathe so his body can rest. As of midnight he was resting comfortably and they had him sedated. All his levels last night were looking good and his color had returned and his body was accepting the help of the machines. He had a cold a few weeks ago and possibly he acquired a virus at that point which would have caused an infection that settled into his heart. The virus could be gone but the heart's immune cells may be battling themselves. In this case the body could straighten everything out on it's own and the heart could heal and he could go back to a normal life. The alternatives are partial disability from damage or future transplant with an Internal VAD, or the possibility that he could die. They did bring him out of sedation a little while ago to make sure all his extremities were working because when you're hooked up to the VAD it funnels through large ports in the femoral artery and could cause leg complications but he was able to move his legs and feet so that was also a good sign. My sister in law stayed at my sisters house last night since they only live a few miles from the hospital. Since my brother was resting and sedated the dr's wanted her to go with them so she could try and get some sleep and rest which they knew she wouldn't do if she was at the hospital. The dr's there are fantastic. My mom is headed back down shortly to spend the day and tonight there and she will keep me updated. Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, good vibes, etc.

Reactions: william13

Cricket

sporadic wins
Forum Member
Nov 25, 2005
WNY
Prayers for your brother and all the family. My doctor told me the heart is a muscle and can recover and get stronger. Hope this will be the case for you.

Bet on MyBookie