per request: US Troop Casualty Thread

Niederton

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 10, 2007
I'm willing to support the troops - if they're willing to defend us, as is their job. Defending us doesn't mean attacking an innocent country 8,000 miles away based on lies concocted by a bunch of stinking Israelis, it means shooting people who are invading our land and property as in the SixFive thread elsewhere.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Depends on what the daily death count is used for--if for honoring soilders great--if for trying to use to drum up anti war sentiment ala CNN-thats a diff story.

I'm sorry that you feel the source is attempting to drum up support of any kind. From the beginning of the conflict(s), CNN's website has quietly kept track of our casualties by name (and usually photo) without making any kind of statement about the war at all. Lou Dobbs' program would also take a few seconds from every show to honor names of recent troop deaths - again without making any statements one way or another about the war itself. I guess you just don't like the network as a whole, but there's nothing slanted at all about the way they've handled this.

If it will make you happier, then find another source that is doing the same. I don't really care as long as it's reliable.

fatdaddycool

Chi-TownHustler
Forum Member
Mar 26, 2001
Fort Worth TX usa
I'm willing to support the troops - if they're willing to defend us, as is their job. Defending us doesn't mean attacking an innocent country 8,000 miles away based on lies concocted by a bunch of stinking Israelis, it means shooting people who are invading our land and property as in the SixFive thread elsewhere.

So your not circumcised???????????

ewwwwwwwww!!!!

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
I was hoping this wouldn't become political, but I guess that was unavoidable. I'll try another one next week and maybe the anti-Jew conspiracy nuts and CNN haters will shut the hell up.

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
Personally I liked Al's post on supporting troops
http://www.madjacksports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=306849
--and Dawgballs packages for troops--
http://www.madjacksports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195297&highlight=troops+neteller

leaves little question to motive--

Like why would they bring up deaths in Iraq and omit Afgan--are they not dying there for our country also--

Somehow you overlooked them Smurph-

"Here's a place where we can keep track and honor our soldiers who have died in the Iraq conflict."

--but then again it was a request wasn't it?

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
dtb...

imo murphy didn't have any political motive about posting this link...i think his intention was to answer somebody elses post in the sean taylor thread....however, i do agree with you that it seems like almost everybody (including myself) overlook what is happening in afghanistan...

Niederton

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 10, 2007
I was hoping this wouldn't become political, but I guess that was unavoidable. I'll try another one next week and maybe the anti-Jew conspiracy nuts and CNN haters will shut the hell up.

How can it not become political? Even the numbers of dead/wounded aren't known for sure because the DOD lies like a carpet. And "news" organizations like CNN repeat government PR because they're lazy, corrupt and part of the same Establishment. War is good for Israel, Halliburton and ratings.

NOT SO GOOD FOR YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER.

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
dtb...

imo murphy didn't have any political motive about posting this link...i think his intention was to answer somebody elses post in the sean taylor thread....however, i do agree with you that it seems like almost everybody (including myself) overlook what is happening in afghanistan...

I agree Al and made special note he has supported troops in the field as well as not to shead light on him inparticular.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
hey smurph...i asked awhile back why you never posted anything positive about our soldiers in iraq.....

you know,the soldiers that are still drawing breath that did good deeds for the iraqi people....

the soldiers that were recognized for their heroic actions...medal winners etc.....

you never honored THAT request?....

maybe you could help me out...it would help allay some suspicions that you`re posting casualty numbers more to backhand the troops than to honor them....

how `bout it....s`at a bridge to far?

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
hey smurph...i asked awhile back why you never posted anything positive about our soldiers in iraq.....

you know,the soldiers that are still drawing breath that did good deeds for the iraqi people....

the soldiers that were recognized for their heroic actions...medal winners etc.....

you never honored THAT request?....

maybe you could help me out...it would help allay some suspicions that you`re posting casualty numbers more to backhand the troops than to honor them....

how `bout it....s`at a bridge to far?

If possible, please shoot me in the direction of any posts that you have made along those lines.

Your 'suspicions', as usual, are horseshit.

The Judge

Pura Vida!
Forum Member
Aug 5, 2004
SJO
Let me be clear in saying that I have no problem with the use of soldier death tolls to encourage anti-war sentiment as I am vehmently opposed to our continued occupation of Iraq. Certainly I have tremendous respect for the fallen and those that continue to serve but I honestly believe that these deaths have been in vain.

Sorry Smurphy, I know that it was not your intent for this thread to become political but it was inevitable.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Personally I liked Al's post on supporting troops
http://www.madjacksports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=306849
--and Dawgballs packages for troops--
http://www.madjacksports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195297&highlight=troops+neteller

leaves little question to motive--

Like why would they bring up deaths in Iraq and omit Afgan--are they not dying there for our country also--

Somehow you overlooked them Smurph-

"Here's a place where we can keep track and honor our soldiers who have died in the Iraq conflict."

--but then again it was a request wasn't it?

DTB - You are right about this and I should have included Afghanistan in the title - and the thought did occur to me after posting. However, the link includes casualties of both conflicts. Iraq always comes first to mind for most people, not just because it's more controversial but because the numbers of deaths are far greater.

OK, so this can be considered a trial run. Next week I'll try to do it properly.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
If possible, please shoot me in the direction of any posts that you have made along those lines.

Your 'suspicions', as usual, are horseshit.

sheesh...i throw some chum out there trying to generate some "patriotic indignation" from my buddy smurph(a little harmless tweek),and i end up hooking a flounder....

btw...kosar,we have had this conversation before.....although i`m not sure how you meant that first statement...

i`m sure smurph remembers it.... when he took serious issue at what he he thought was a question regarding his patriotism....which is exactly what i expected and hoped he`d do....and he set me straight,i don`t mind saying...

and yes,i have questioned previously why "the haters" only show their "patriotism" by quoting casualty numbers and never mentioning our heroes that survived the fray.....

i`ll bet YOU can`t name either one of our iraq congressional medal of honor winners(which surprises me a bit because many on here seem to be experts on casualty figures).......

maybe you can ask spy.....

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Weasel, your attempt at instigating me was poor. As stated repeatedly, the purpose of this thread was only to honor names of fallen soldiers - as inspired by the comments in the Sean Taylor thread. It was in the GENERAL section, which meant it was supposed to free from political rhetoric.

I find it interesting that because I posted it, a couple of you questioned the thread's sincerity.

I tell you what, Weasel. Since I seem to be in an accomodating mood lately, please point me in the right direction where I can get names and information on veterans who have returned from their tours in Iraq and Afghan. and I will post threads featuring some of them along with the ones that will list casualties. Certainly there is nothing wrong with highlighting soldiers who survive as well as ones who do not.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
Weasel, your attempt at instigating me was poor. As stated repeatedly, the purpose of this thread was only to honor names of fallen soldiers - as inspired by the comments in the Sean Taylor thread. It was in the GENERAL section, which meant it was supposed to free from political rhetoric.

I find it interesting that because I posted it, a couple of you questioned the thread's sincerity.

I tell you what, Weasel. Since I seem to be in an accomodating mood lately, please point me in the right direction where I can get names and information on veterans who have returned from their tours in Iraq and Afghan. and I will post threads featuring some of them along with the ones that will list casualties. Certainly there is nothing wrong with highlighting soldiers who survive as well as ones who do not.

smurph...be calm.....it was a poor attempt that failed miserably in getting the desired reaction.....

i could steer you toward such a website.....but,it`s not your fault....i admit,positive news about our boys is difficult to find...even on the net....

we can find 1,000 front page articles on abu gharaib within a given month or two.......but only an article or two on our own brothers and sisters who bravely defended us and in some cases paid the ultimate price...

i apologize if i misinterpreted the gist of your thread....

and i thank kosar for his service(i hope this one takes).........

btw...how long have the 3 of us been fencing on here?.....seems like forever...we got history....and that means something,imo....

i may be spitballin` here,but,i think kosar still takes it personally....that`s sad...especially since it seems like there is no shortage of new lunatics for me to play with here in the pol. forum....

Bet on MyBookie