Phoenix Open

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

tartancords

Forum Member
Jan 8, 2002
prestwick scotland
IG Index sport are down so i had to phone for quotes, the guy there said their service provider covered about 80 different companies so i would assume thats where the problem lay..

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
3rd rd 1-0
Huston over Donald win

4th rd plays
Huston -125 -1/2 sroke over Frazar @ Wsex
Goosen -130 - 1/2 stroke over Trip @ Wsex
Stricker -110 over Frazar @ 5dimes

Giving a little chalk here but all have significant player rating and course form with exception of Goose who is making 1st apperance. More importantantly we have 3 players ranking in top 15 in 4th rd scoring ave in 2002 vs 2 that rank above 150.
Was tempted to use Stricker vs McCarron (similiar 4th rd stats)at same odds as not to put 2 eggs but opted for a double on Frazar considering pressure on leader and seeing his erratic driving yesterday.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
Virus hit South Korea hard.

Ya couldn't hex my outrights if ya tried Steve. It took Els in contest for 1st time to win and he spits the bit.
Take Dimarco to place 1st week he dumps but fires next week,Then take Huston the next week who balks but comes back strong this week.:rolleyes:

I expect these onofficials to all dump today.

F63667 01/22/03 F Dimension Data Pro-Am - Top 5 - Bruce Vaughn 16/1 $10.00 $160.00
F63634 01/21/03 F Phoenix Open - Top 5 - Steve Stricker 25/1 $10.00 $250.00

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
Stan Whats your opinion of Tourcast.
I got it loaded at home and can see it will take some time to decipher options.So far I am having problem if I use their standard
picture it is too small to read and if I right for menu and hit Zoom it is so big I get about 1/3 of picture. Need a ratio in between but don't look like that is and option.
I could not find any info for capping that I can't locate at your site much quicker. Have you found anything I have missed?
It is neat to follow any pairing you wish however.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

sports student

Forum Member
May 14, 2000
Sturgeon Bay WI USA
4th round @ 5 dimes

Stricker -110 ov Frazar
Toms -107 over Mickelson

Like Stricker for same reasons as DTB. Like Toms who is in a good aggresive position being only 3 out vs. Mick who has no chance and probably will wing it. Also with this being Super Bowl Sunday, Mick may have his mind on his football bet instead of golf.

Last edited:

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
S.S. you know that is very valid point on superbowl. I quarantee you he has huge chunk on it. I looked at that match and Mick ranks 3rd 4th rd and it seems at times he plays his best when free wheeling out of contention. I would like to see Mick shoot about 5 under and Toms beat him by 5:)
Good luck today as you know I will be pulling with you.

Don't know if you watched yesterdays round but if stricker had made just half of holes he lipped out on he would be leading going into today.It was unbelievable.

Last edited:

sports student

Forum Member
May 14, 2000
Sturgeon Bay WI USA
DTB I did notice his ranking from last year. Now I don't watch this as close as some people, so I go by some impressions that may not be correct. Seems to me that Mick is great in the last round if he is behind and in contention in the regular tourneys, but if he is out of it he can go either way, maybe the determining factor being how he plays the first few holes. I figure if he is into it today, I still have a fair shot here. On the other hand I think it is possible if he starts out bad, he may just throw in the towel. By the way congrats on your hot start this year. I would like to go with you most of the time, but I need more outs that are good for golf. My top priority is still not golf and unfortunately with 2 kids in college I can't finance an account in all the places I would like. :( Good luck.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
DTB, I love it :D A lot more interesting than watching leaderboards :cool:

Takes an age to load first time, but once it is installed on your computer it doesn't need to be loaded each time.

Regarding the size, you could press F11 and that will change the browser to full screen. The TOURCast image should increase in size as a result, though it is only a small increase.

You could get a bigger monitor instead :p

Regarding capping, it would be useful if there were more statistical summaries of a player's round as well as the ability to see where he hit his shots. A summary was provided at the address below for Luke Donald on Friday and if there was something similar for each player on TOURCast, then it should help with the 18-hole betting ;)

http://www.pgatour.com/stories/shotlink/donald012403.html

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Final update:

Matchups: 5-0-0; +2.50 units

All decided at the cut

Outrights: 0-3; -1.50 units

Toms 11th
Mediate 28th
Allenby 49th

Small profit on the event as the sweep on the matchups is nearly wiped out by a blank on the outrights. Toms did have chances, but was anything but consistent. Looks like I should have backed the #1 in my ratings :rolleyes:

PGA Tour ytd
Matchups: 11-4; +2.58 units
Outrights: 2-7; +2.63 units

All Tours ytd
Matchups: 27-16; +4.65 units
Outrights: 5-19; +15.01 units

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
finals 4th rd 2-1 remaining 72 holes 1-2

4th rd
Huston/Frazier win
Goose/Trip win
Stricker/Frasier loss

remaining 72 holes
Toms/Singh loss
Lonard/Weir loss
Toms/Howell Win

Outrights to place
Oly 65th Funk 37th Toms 11th
If things hold true to form one of these should be shoe in for 2nd next week.As that has occurred previous two weeks.

Outrights - 3 units ytd - 8 units
Matches week 10-4 +5.64 units
ytd 20-11 +7.98 units

Three week blank on outrights ties longest period with blank for entire year in 2002.
Might have one stumble in there yet this year.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Myron

Forum Member
Oct 14, 2001
Hamilton, Ontario
I didn't post it, so it doesn't count but I did decide to bet 5 units on Vijay Singh at 10/1 when he was -9, so I did quite well on this tourney. Sure made up for my super bowl losses.

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
Stan Thanks for tip on f-11.:) It solved problem. It is great if you you can't view it on tv. It will take me a while to learn the ropes on it. If you find any unique capping stratagies on it please clue me in. Do you know if it will remain free or if there will be a charge at later date.Also will they use just for PGA events?

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
DTB, I don't know if it will be extended to other Tours. If this proves a success, then I would think it would be extended to the Champions Tour, though the LPGA TOUR comes under a different umbrella so that is more unlikely.

As far as future charging is concerned, there is some ambiguity - consider the following extract from the official press release last week:

"TOURCast soon will be available as a key feature of a new subscription service offered by the PGA TOUR and a free version of TOURCast also will be available at PGATOUR.COM."

Also consider the following extracts from the press release about the use of the PGA TOUR and a RealOne Superpass:

"As the season progresses, the PGA TOUR and RealNetworks also will unveil a stand-alone subscription offering that will provide more extensive multimedia content including the new, revolutionary TOURCast TM product, powered by ShotLink."

"Pricing and Availability
Effective immediately, the exclusive PGA TOUR programming is now incorporated into a PGA TOUR channel within RealOne SuperPass? which is priced at $9.95 per month with a 14-day free trial and available at www.realone.com."

It would appear to be free, but also available as an add-on to the subscription RealOne video feed. As money and profits are involved, we will undoubtedly move closer to the latter service once we have all whetted our appetites with the free service.

I would pay $9.95/month for it ;)

The press releases:

http://money.cnn.com/services/tickerheadlines/bw/230222455.htm

http://www.realnetworks.com/company/press/releases/2003/pgatour.html

Last edited:

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
Thank Ya Stan
Yes I would pay 9.95 also and might even spring for larger monitor:) I was surprised it would be incorporating Linux. That should keep cost down. Keep us dummies abreast of any worthwhile perks on it we might overlook.