Thanks and good luck........

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
INDIAN COWBOY

PLAY OF THE DAY: DENVER vs DALLAS

Play: DALLAS MAVERICKS -11 (POD)
Comments: INDIAN COWBOY'S PLAY OF THE DAY: Mavs -11 (POD) ^^^Automatic Promos on POD: Automatic Promos on POD: Winning 18 of 26 days in January and 22 of 30 POD this past month (73%) and 18-7 in POD in January (72%). ^^^If I have taught you anything in handicapping, it is to avoid huge public underdogs and I have done this time and time again and you can probably recite my exact analysis for this game as it is the same for countless other games in which I avoided the public underdog - such as the Packers at Dallas, the Mavs on the road at Utah in which the world jumped on the Mavs and Utah ended up covering - I can name you 6 examples alone that we have cashed using this principle in the last 3 weeks. Such is the case today when the Mavericks play the Nuggets today. The Nuggets did win at home recently against the Nets and Hawks, but the Hawks were a revenge game and the Nets blow right now. The Mavs have lost back to back games to the Nuggets including 75-71 in Denver earlier and getting spanked at home in Dallas 109-122. Dallas will be beyond fired up for this game and here is the catch - no Carmello who is listed as doubtful. Think about it - why in the heck would the line continue to go up when 70% of the public is hounding the jockstraps of Denver? Bingo. In Denver's last win Melo dropped 23 and so did Leinas Kleiza and I don't see either happening today. Cuban will be fired up for this game and so will the Dallas crowd tonight. The Nuggets have failed to cover their last 4 road games and the home team is 6-2 ATS in the last 8 ballgames between these 2 teams.
INDIAN COWBOY: WASHINGTON vs MILWAUKEE BUCKS

Play: MILWAUKEE BUCKS +1
Comments: INDIAN COWBOY SELECTION: Bucks +1 ^^^ When it comes to wagering, there are certain principles that I have stuck with over the years, and even if it includes unattractive and unsexy teams at times, but betting and basketball betting in particular, is like weaving together a puzzle. Something that happens one month ago intricately is involved in the wagering situation on this day. Such is the case with this game with taking the Bucks over the Wizards. I hate the Bucks - I don't like the way they play and they irritate me. Yet, the situation is very strong for them that they beat the Wizards today. The Wizards are a sound team that got torched on the road at Cleveland in a revenge game for the Cavs and recently beat Memphis to bounce-back. They face a Milwaukee team that did not have their star player at home when they played Washington last (I remember b/c that was my POD) and Washington pummeled this team 101-77. It was ugly. Now, this Bucks team returns home after getting pummeled by Toronto 75-106 - a 31 point loss - I remember that game, b/c Toronto was my POD the other day in a revenge game over the Bucks. Thus, look at the psyche of this team. They get torched on the road and now the play a team that torched them at home. This is the NBA - the talent level is there and on any given night, anything can happen and I believe much like the Bucks beat a healthy Lakers team with Bynum at home and the fact they led Phoenix the whole way till' the end recently, they show some bite here and surprise a lot of folks as they end up winning this game outright. I have no trends to support this play, just a strong situational play.
INDIAN COWBOY: Atlanta Hawks +6 vs PORTLAND

Play: ATLANTA HAWKS +6
Comments: INDIAN COWBOY SELECTION: Hawks +6 ^^^ It takes a lot of guts to make this play, but I believe it is the right situation here to make it. The Hawks have lost twice to the Blazers in back to back efforts and both games in overtime at that. The Hawks recently lost to the Blazers on MLK Weekend here in Atlanta - a game that I went to - and told myself that if they are +6 dogs or under I would take them at Portland as this team truly was disappointed in losing that game in Atlanta. This is my third favorite play of the day, but I do like dogs that are in the +5 and +6 range that can win outright. Remember, the Hawks lost to Seattle at home and defeated the Sonics on the road and got their revenge 99-90. Portland has lost back to back games including a home loss to the Rockets as this team can lose in the Rose Garden. Hawks have a great deal of incentive to win or keep it within the cover today as the road team is 8-0 ATS in these 2 teams last 8 ballgames and the Hawks are 4-1 ATS in Portland of late.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg