NBA
1/29/2008
Best Bet!
ATLANTA 9

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

goldengreek

Forum Member
Dec 2, 2006
Larry Ness' 20* Revenge Game of the Month (73-53 TY in CBB!)

Larry Ness
League: College Basketball
Event: Va Commonwealth vs George Mason on 01/29/2008 at 4:00PM
Condition: George Mason
Grade: Ungraded
Promotion: George Mason made its "miracle run" to the Final 4 back in the 2005-06 season. The Patriots struggled for most of last year but then caught 'fire' down the stretch, and almost got back to the "Big Dance" by winning the Colonial tourney. George Mason's run was stopped by VCU in the final (won 65-59) and the Rams went on the upset Duke in the first round of the NCAAs, before losing to Pitt by just five points in the second round. VCU started just 3-3 this year and the losses of guards Walker (14.8) and Pellot-Rosa (13.3) from LY's team seemed huge. However, the Rams have since gone 12-1 (8-1 in league play), losing only at James Madison, 62-61. After guards Maynor (18.3-3.8-5.2) and Shuler (16.1-4.6), there's a huge drop-off of talent. Freshman guard Rodriquez (4.9) usually joins the starting lineup along with the 6-7 Anderson (7.7-5.2) and fellow freshman, the 6-9 Sanders (4.9-4.1). The 6-7 Fameni (6.1-4.4) is a veteran who provides excellent play off the bench. GMU is a guard-oriented team, led by Vaughan (14.5-4.7), swingman Campbell (13.2-4.6-3.4) and Smith (10.4). The 6-7 Thomas (15.8-10.0) is a 'load' inside with the 6-6 Birdsong (6.3-3.9) joining him in the starting lineup. Two freshman, guard Long (4.1) and the 6-10 Moldoveanu (3.2-2.4), add depth. The Patriots are 14-6 overall, a major improvement over LY's 18-15 mark and have gone 9-0 at home, outscoring opponents by an average of 71-53 PPG. After losing three times to VCU last season, including in the Colonial's title game, Jim Larranaga will have his team poised to win this one. Revenge works. Revenge Game of the Month 20* George Mason.

Larry Ness' Las Vegas Insider-CBB (16-7 with BKB Insiders in Jan!)
Cost: $20 Ungraded
Handicapper: Larry Ness
League: College Basketball
Event: Florida State vs Virginia Tech on 01/29/2008 at 6:00PM
Condition: Virginia Tech
Promotion: FSU has been a "bubble" team in each of the last two years and each time, the school's "bubble has been burst," getting left out of the "Big Dance." This year, the Seminoles have nothing to worry about. They have NO chance of getting an at-large invitation and the school's only 'ticket' to the NCAA tourney is by winning the ACC tourney (fat chance!). FSU is a perimeter-based team with just one quality player inside. That's the 6-9 Echefu (11.6-7.3), who gets some help from the 6-9 Reed (4.8-4.7). FSU's been robbed of its inside depth with the season-ending injury to 7-1 freshman center Alabi and the suspension for disciplinary reasons of the 6-8 Breeden, who has since left school. Guards Douglas (14.1-2.7-3.0), Swann (12.2-3.4-3.0), Rich (12.0-4.7) and Mims (10.7-4.4) are quite a quartet but the results are just not there. FSU is 2-4 SU and ATS on the road this year and 2-4 (1-5 ATS) in ACC play. The team has played 11 "lined games" since Dec 1, going 1-10 ATS! Va Tech has been far from perfect (12-8 and 3-3 in ACC play) but HC Greenberg has just been given a contract extension and the Hokies have been formidable at home, going 7-1 (lone loss to No. 3 Duke). While the Seminoles are a perimeter team, Va Tech's strengths come from its forwards. The 6-6 Vassallo (15.7-5.2), 6-7 freshman Allen (12.8-8.1) and the 6-7 Washington (12.8-6.4) lead the way. The 6-9 Diakite (2.6-3.6) and 6-6 freshman Thompson (4.2-3.0) add depth inside. Va Tech can't match FSU's backcourt depth but Delaney (8.2-3.3 APG) and Thorns (5.2-3.1 APG) are a solid duo. Allen missed the last two games serving a suspension for bumping a referee but he's been cleared to play in this one. Va Tech won without him Saturday at Boston College and the Hokies figure to have little trouble tonight with the slumping Seminoles. Las Vegas Insider on Va Tech.

Larry Ness' Weekly Wipeout Winner-NBA (won THREE of L4 NBA weeks!)
Cost: $20 Ungraded
Handicapper: Larry Ness
League: NBA
Event: Atlanta Hawks vs Phoenix Suns on 01/29/2008 at 6:05PM
Condition: Phoenix Suns
Promotion: Joe Johnson (21.6-4.3-5.4) spent three and a half seasons with Phoenix between 2002-05, helping the Suns from a lottery team to a perennial contender in the Western Conference. He asked to be traded after the 2005 playoffs and Phoenix accommodated him by sending him to the Hawks. Johnson and his Hawks lost his first trip back to Phoenix but last February, with Steve Nash sidelined for the Suns, Johnson's 32 points led Atlanta to 120-111 win. It was one of just eight home losses last season for the Suns. Winning this time around won't be easy, as the Hawks enter having dropped 10 of their last 14 games (6-8 ATS), while the Suns come in having won and covered SIX of their last seven, losing only at Minnesota (can't make that up!). The Hawks have no "true" PG with Claxton and Stoudamire out, leaving them with only journeyman Lue. Rookie Al Horford 99.0-10.) has played well at center as Pachulia has had many problems (he's just back after a team suspension). Both PF Smith (18.2-8.1) and SF Williams (16.6-5.8) have shown plenty of promise but the Hawks just do not have the overall talent-level or depth to play with a team the caliber of Phoenix. The fact that the Hawks 'clipped' the Suns earlier this year in Atlanta and won LY in Phoenix (remember, no Nash!), will only serve to give the Suns more motivation. The West is extremely competitive and now the Hornets have joined the Suns, Mavs and Spurs in the fray "at the top." Stoudemire (22.7-9.0) leads the Suns in scoring, Nash (17.6-11.9 APG) leads in assists and Marion (15.7-10.1) leads in rebounds. Barbosa (16.7), Hill (15.2-4.4-3.4) and Bell (12.5-3.6-2,2) give the Suns six players averaging 12.5 PPG or more. Hill's bothered by a bad back but if he can't go, that just means more playing time for the multi-talented Daiw (7.6-4.2-3.9). Phoenix is the highest-scoring team in the league at 109.5 PPG, but lately, head coach Mike D'Antoni has been talking about his team's defensive improvements. The Suns allowed a season-low point total in their 88-77 win over Chicago on Sunday and in winning SIX of their last seven games, are holding opponents to 98.9 PPG and 43.1 percent shooting from the field. Weekly Wipeout Winner on the Pho Suns.

goldengreek

Forum Member
Dec 2, 2006
INDIAN COWBOY

Knicks +9 (POD)

Automatic POD Promos: Winning 6 of 8 Days, Winning 19 of 27 days in January, Winning 20 of 28 days, 7 of 11 POD Winners, 22 of 32 POD Winners (68%) and 18-9 (67%) POD Winners in January.

No, I have not lost my mind. In fact, I like this play a fair deal. If you remember, the Knicks made a late come back and hit the backdoor the last time these 2 teams played in the Garden. Well, without Bynum, there is no reason for the Knicks to hit the backdoor here as they will likely get up for this game and be very competitive. Look, I wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks are like the Knicks off the first part of the season and get blown out - but I don't think they will and they have plenty of reason to show up here. Trust me, when the Knicks bite, they truly bite as a dog and they do well in revenge situations. I know New York is "horrible" - but this team has still won 14 games, they have covered this matchup the last 3 times they played including winning outright on the road last year as 7.5 dogs - in fact, they've won the last 2 of 3 in this matchup. The Lakers have lost 3 straight and 4 of 5 without Bynum with no inside presence and no one gave the Knicks a shot at Golden State and this team nearly won outright losing by a bucket as 10 point dogs. In fact, the Knicks have covered 6 of their last 8 and have not lost back to back ballgames straight up since 1/09 and 1/11 when they lost to Houston/Toronto. I think the Knicks fight very hard tonight and fall within the cover and I have them at a 32% chance at possibly winning outright tonight. Knicks are 4-1 ATS of late following a straight up loss, the Lakers are 1-4 ATS against a straight up losing team - meaning they are not covering big spreads and they are 1-5-1 ATS in their last 7 ballgames. The Knicks also are 4-1 ATS in L.A. as they typically "show up" to play when the lights are on in Hollywood.

Seattle/San Antonio Over 194

Do you remember the last time these 2 teams met? It was fireworks. The score was 64-64 going into halftime. Has a lot changed since then? I don't think so. The Spurs come off back to back losses and their offense has been dismal. They barely scored 90 points at Utah, a place where teams score with ease given the style of tempo Utah plays. This team scored less than 80 points at home against New Orleans and desperately needs to break out of this mini offensive slump and who better than a Seattle team that has lost 14 straight. Seattle played well in the first half against San Antonio and this team does have solid bite at home and they will look to repeat a full game of basketball rather than a half. The Spurs figured out how to score against Seattle in the second half of their last game outscoring them 52-37. I also think the Sonics will be an active dog today which works with my active dog/over principle. I think the Spurs are due for an offensive break out and the Sonics push the tempo and this game is likely to go over here. The over is 5-1 in the last 6 meetings between these 2 teams in Seattle.

Raptors/Wizards Under 193

8-1-1 in the last 10 comp selections. The bottom line here is that I am going with one of my theories of wagering. The Raptors have the revenge angle today and I would not be surprised one bit if they ended up winning this game outright as this team has a sharp memory of which teams defeated them and consequently to get revenge - after all, look at their win at Boston after Boston defeated them at home - look at their blowout win against the Bucks a game that was my POD a while back after the Bucks blew them out at home. Does this mean they come into Washington and get their revenge today? Likely. However, I like the under for a couple reasons and one of them being that since I favor Toronto in this game, games in which they get revenge, they absolutely go into a slugfest and focus on their defense heavily. The Boston game was an exception, but I think this team will defend very well against Washington today. I did like the Hawks a bit today, but given the revenge angle that Phoenix has I laid off - but I do think that although this selection seems a bit odd, I think the public is wrong here and this game likely goes under. Remember the Boston vs. Washington game where the final score was 85-78 in a 189.5 total that went under? Remember when Washington lost to Houston at home 84-92 in a total that was set at 189.5? Well, I think it is the similar situation here as this will be a physical and defensive game and knowing Sam Mitchell he probably has a goal for his team to have the Wiz not to score a 100 points as they did the last time these 2 teams played. I am well aware that the over is 7-0 the last 7 times these 2 teams have met, but frankly, I still like the under as the under is 9-1 when the Wiz are home favorites and 11-2 in the last 13 home games for the Wiz

eddieh8823

Forum Member
Dec 3, 2007
Arthur Ralph

Arthur Ralph

Super Pick Toronto Raptors

900 Gold Key College Dogs Tuesday: \
Alabama & Wichita State

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

eddieh8823

Forum Member
Dec 3, 2007
The Idiot Known As Black Magic Sports

The Idiot Known As Black Magic Sports

5 Unit Voodoo CBB Blowout of the Week on Morehead State -1

Morehead State has been tremendous at home all season despite their .500 record on the year. Morehead State is sitting unbeaten at 8-0 in home games this season, winning by 14 points per game on average. Morehead won their last home game last season over Tennessee Tech by 11 points. Head coach Mike Sutton is 6-17 ATS in road games after failing to cover the spread in 2 or more consecutive games as the coach of Tennessee Tech. Morehead will get revenge from their earlier road loss at Tennessee Tech. Cash in with Morehead State as the favorite.

3 Unit Sharp Play on Tennessee -4.5

The betting public has been all over Alabama in this game and they really shouldn?t be. At just 12-8 on the season, Alabama will be no match for an 18-2 Tennessee ball club ranked in the Top-10. Ever since Alabama lost their best player in Ronald Steele at the beginning of the season, they just haven?t lived up to the expectations they had. The Crimson Tide are just 2-5 in their last 7 games overall, suffering home losses to Clemson, Florida and Mississippi State by 26, 7 and 10 points respectively. Tennessee is better than all three of those opponents. Alabama is 3-16 ATS off a home win over the last 2 seasons. Cash in with Tennessee as the favorite.

NBA:

4 Unit NBA Game of the Night on Toronto Raptors +1.5

Toronto is coming into this game with revenge on their minds. The Raptors have won 7 out of their last 9 games and look to rebound from an earlier 97-101 loss to the Wizards in their only meeting with Washington this season. Toronto is 17-6 ATS against Southeast division opponents over the last 2 seasons. Toronto is 14-4 ATS after 3 straight games where they made 47% of their shots or better over the last 3 seasons. The Raptors have been virtually unstoppable on the offensive side of the ball. Cash in with Toronto as the underdog in revenge mode.

This guy is a riot. His analysis is usually completely wrong or just totally idiotic. Sorry, had to throw that out there :mj07:

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007

AKMENS PLAYS

100 % CONFIRMED

10* VANCOUVER

10* G. MASON / VCU OVER

10* WAKE FOREST

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

taipans

Forum Member
Jun 15, 2000
NY
spritzer--
direct line play.......................west mich
ko............................san diego st
colonial rev gom................g.mason
tko.........................colorado
5 star..........................tenn

ko...................knicks
3 star shocker....................hawks

cokin--
fat man plays..........la kings over 6.5, tenn,marquette

window............................tenn
conf goy.................3 star.........vcu

window.................raptors
under the hat.................suns

feist--
personal best...................ohio
platinum..........................san diego st
steam.........................eville
inner circle...............west mich
5 star.........................ohio st
4 star..........................vcu

personal best.............spurs over 94
inner circle......................wizzards
5 star...........................celtics

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Dr Bob

3* Ohio State
3* Boston Celtics
2* Evansville

Marc Lawrence

3* Evansville

Gameday

2* Buffalo
2* Ohio

Alatex

15* Buffalo

Rocketman

3* Nets
3* Heat
3* Pistons

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Russ Culver
722) Buffalo +3 1/2
728) Ohio -9 1/2
730) Iowa State -6
732) Marquette -15
733) Evansville +14
738) Wichita State -1
739) San Diego State -7 1/2

VSS
6%-San Diego State
6%-Tennessee Tech UNDER
6%-George Mason
6%-Austin Peay

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

T-Rock

Forum Member
Dec 27, 2007
Mike Stone

Mike Stone

Anybody got Mike Stone's 1000* pick for tonite?

ROQQIN RIQ

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 28, 2007
ROQQIN RIQ'S PLAYS FOR THE NIGHT...FRESH OFF A 0 AND 5 NIGHT.....OUCH.....3 AND 0 TONIGHT............SUNS - 10......BUCKS + 6 ....AND .....HOUSTON - 3.5 GL :mj16: :mj16:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
SCORE

400% TENNESSEE
300% Lakers

Executive

300% Va Tech

Sports Bank

400* Total Of The Week
Spurs Over

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
LAS VEGAS TECH REPORT (LVTR): DETROIT PISTONS -7.5 vs INDIANA

Play: DETROIT PISTONS -7.5 (NBA)
Comments: LAS VEGAS TECH REPORT (LVTR) SELECTION: DETROIT PISTONS -7.5 (NBA) ^^^ This game is going to get ugly quickly. There was a time where Indiana was very hot on the scene but they went on a horrid cold run and we feel that was a direct result of the Tinsley injury. It's bad enough that the Pacers have now gone on another miserable run losing 13 of 17 but they will be without the services of Tinsley and O Neil. Without their stars in the lineup, Indy's offense goes South and compile that with a non existent defense and you have a formula for a blow out. Detroit is already 2-0 vs the Pacers and Detroit has gone 11-1 ats off back to back covers as a fave. Pacers are unimpressive going on a 1-6 run against division rivals.
LAS VEGAS TECH REPORT (LVTR): ATLANTA vs PHOENIX -8.5

Play: PHOENIX -8.5 (NBA)
Comments: LAS VEGAS TECH REPORT (LVTR) SELECTION: PHOENIX -8.5 (NBA) ^^^ The Hawks are just simply not a good road team. The Hawks have lost seven of their last eight on the road with the only win coming at Seattle which isn't saying much. Phoenix has woke up and covered 6 of their last 7 games and hold a winning record of 14-6 against the Eastern conference. An obscure tech trend to watch is Atlanta is 1-11 against the spread when playing on the road after a loss by 3 points or less. This is set up perfectly after Atlanta had a hard fought battle at Portland losing by 1. Take Phoenix tonight in a blow out.
LAS VEGAS TECH REPORT (LVTR): OHIO STATE vs PENN STATE

Play: OHIO STATE -7 (NCAAB)
Comments: LAS VEGAS TECH REPORT (LVTR) SELECTION: OHIO STATE -7 (NCAAB)^^^ Without Geary Claxton, PSU is a dead ship in the water. All teams are seeing is a clear path up the middle and scoring at will since he was lost for the season. Lets add his 19 ppg's will be sorely missed. If there is any doubt how important Claxton was, remember that Penn state was 6-0. PSU hasn't won a game since he's been injured and the closest margin they have even come to is 15 points. Ohio State is very under rated but pay attention to them as they have won 5 straight against PSU and 11-3 ats on the road vs. conference opponents. Buckeyes have also held 7 of their Big 10 challenges to under 39% shooting.
LAS VEGAS TECH REPORT (LVTR): TENNESSEE vs ALABAMA

Play: TENNESSEE -4.5 (NCAAB)
Comments: LAS VEGAS TECH REPORT (LVTR) SELECTION: TENNESSEE -4.5 (NCAAB) ^^^ Don't get sucked into stats or trends with this Alabama team. It's misrepresented as they went 6-1 in their non conference schedule with their only big test failing against Clemson who is currently on a downward spiral. Once Alabama started SEC play, they went 1-5. Tennessee has been steam rolling teams and only have one blip on the radar against Kentucky who will turn out to be better than what people expected making that a respectable loss. Unless Alabama can repeat their three point performance from the weekend which was the first time they hit 33% from the arc, we can't see the Tide able to handle the defensive pressure from Tennessee. When teams play beyond their talent level, it's hard to repeat the next game out. Alabama's youth shows as they remind us of a football team after winning a big upset following with a letdown game. Supporting this are these tech numbers which shows Alabama at 3-16 ats off a home win. Look for the Vols to be in a battle but eventually pull away to get us the cover and the win.