Sevice Plays Thursday 5/15/08

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Chip Hilton

Forum Member
Feb 14, 2008
RI
Can banning threats be toned down to the uninformed?

Can banning threats be toned down to the uninformed?

WTF. fine I won't post another service play at all. I had no idea, a little harsh there don't ya think. I just post the service plays I see to try to help out the forum

I have to agree. Couldn't the messages about Doc's picks be a little less harsh. We'll lose another person like MLBKING when they recieve these messages when all they are doing is posting what they find. No one knows about the Doc until they get one of these threats to ban. A simple notice might be better than a THREAT TO BAN.

I know admin doesn't care about this section but it does attract many people and helps with the contacts for advertising. The views on the threads used to be up with other forums but after the Doc/ ATS/ etc. protection, people just give up and the views are substantially down. Hope that doesn't continue to happen as I consider this the best forum board...but can't imagine it without this section and still being as popular.

Thanks MLBKING and others for the work. That being said, IE and MJACK and STANLEY do a great job on all aspects of this board. Just a suggestion on this particular area and the DOC messages from what I've observed. Not that you need to share, but what's the big deal about DOC anyway. He seems no better than a typical tout 50%'er anyway. :shrug: Just curious because as long as his write-ups aren't included, I don't see a problem. Ok, I'm done. Just thought I'd jump in as an observer to this situation. Thanks.

Jimbo77

Forum Member
Sep 1, 2007
Big Al

Big Al

BIG AL's 100% (15-0 ATS) SPURS/HORNETS GM 6 WINNER
At 9 pm, our selection is on the San Antonio Spurs minus the points over New Orleans. A lot has been made of the fact that NBA home teams in this quarterfinal round have won 20 of 21 games straight-up, with the lone loss by a single point in Detroit's Game 4 win at Orlando. That's one reason to take the Spurs in this game. But more important to me is San Antonio's long-term record at home in the Playoffs. Coming into tonight, the Spurs have won 11 straight home Playoff games. The oddsmakers have installed Gregg Popovich's crew as 7.5-point favorites tonight, and dating back to last season, San Antonio is a very impressive 43-3 straight-up at home when favored by more than seven points, and 30-15-1 ATS. And the Hornets have won just five of their last 32 road games straight-up when installed as an underdog of more than seven points. New Orleans comes into tonight's game off an impressive 22-point win in Game 5, but the Hornets are an awful 2-22 ATS since 2002 on the road off a win of 7 or more points over a division rival, including 0-15 ATS as an underdog. And the Spurs are an awesome 35-13 ATS at home since 1992 off a 15 point loss, including 21-4 ATS vs. a foe off a straight-up win, and 17-2 ATS vs. division rivals. Finally, both Tyson Chandler and David West sustained minor injuries in Game 5. Although both will suit up tonight, there's always a risk of exacerbating an injury through activity, however slight that injury might be. And if either one of them goes down tonight, then the Hornets will be in serious trouble. Look for the experience of the Spurs to play a big role tonight. San Antonio has played four 'elimination games' over the past three seasons, and is 3-1 in those games, with the only loss coming in overtime. Lay the points. Good luck, as always...Al McMordie.

eddieh8823

Forum Member
Dec 3, 2007
To make matters even worse Re: Doc's Sports, Doc retired quite some time ago. His son, a true marketer and great at it took over the handicapping, but isn't all that great at it.

I guess what I am trying to say? Doc's Sports and Robert Ferringo ARE THE SAME GUY.

Anyone shocked?:shrug:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MLBKING

Forum Member
Apr 7, 2008
I have to agree. Couldn't the messages about Doc's picks be a little less harsh. We'll lose another person like MLBKING when they recieve these messages when all they are doing is posting what they find. No one knows about the Doc until they get one of these threats to ban. A simple notice might be better than a THREAT TO BAN.

I know admin doesn't care about this section but it does attract many people and helps with the contacts for advertising. The views on the threads used to be up with other forums but after the Doc/ ATS/ etc. protection, people just give up and the views are substantially down. Hope that doesn't continue to happen as I consider this the best forum board...but can't imagine it without this section and still being as popular.

Thanks MLBKING and others for the work. That being said, IE and MJACK and STANLEY do a great job on all aspects of this board. Just a suggestion on this particular area and the DOC messages from what I've observed. Not that you need to share, but what's the big deal about DOC anyway. He seems no better than a typical tout 50%'er anyway. :shrug: Just curious because as long as his write-ups aren't included, I don't see a problem. Ok, I'm done. Just thought I'd jump in as an observer to this situation. Thanks.

Chip, thanks I will continue posting. I may have overreacted, it just rubbed me the wrong way because all I was doing was trying to help out the forum and I get a threat to be banned because I posted a service play. Who all can I not post, Doc and who else?

Chip Hilton

Forum Member
Feb 14, 2008
RI
Not shocked

Not shocked

To make matters even worse Re: Doc's Sports, Doc retired quite some time ago. His son, a true marketer and great at it took over the handicapping, but isn't all that great at it.

I guess what I am trying to say? Doc's Sports and Robert Ferringo ARE THE SAME GUY.

Anyone shocked?:shrug:

I'm not shocked Eddie, and was aware of the same circumstances. Senior Doc was a good handicapper and someone worth following but his son and entourage hasn't stacked up in recent times. I've just always wondered why Doc gets such protection here at Madjack. I find it surprising but there must be some hidden reason.

It's actually kind of sad that these guys fire up multiple services under different names but I guess it's our job to decipher which are the good ones and which are the frauds/marketeers. I'll pass on the current Doc and don't mind missing his picks.

By the way Eddie, where can I catch your posts these days? Can you tell me in a round about way? Thanks.

Chip Hilton

Forum Member
Feb 14, 2008
RI
DOC

DOC

Chip, thanks I will continue posting. I may have overreacted, it just rubbed me the wrong way because all I was doing was trying to help out the forum and I get a threat to be banned because I posted a service play. Who all can I not post, Doc and who else?

Thanks MLBKING for continuing. You didn't overreact IMO. I would have felt the same way if I received that notice and was unaware. The mods are great here, it's just the messages on the Doc's postings always seem a bit overdone to people who are just trying to help, so that's why I wrote in. It would be a different story if you did it continuously but it's obvious you haven't.

It seems DOC is the only one who can not be posted, so you should be OK posting the others. Actually, I personally feel DOC made better fade material these days but there are plenty of others to fade also. Doc (the current DOC) won't be missed.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Chip Hilton

Forum Member
Feb 14, 2008
RI
Correct

Correct

Doc (the real doc) still handicaps football and college basketball.

Correct and those picks can prove to be worthwhile. However, when it comes to their ("other Doc") picks in pro hoops, pucks, and bases, they have deemed to be lacking.