Should Hillary concede now?

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
I think so. As long as she kept gaining momentum, I was thinking she had cause to continue. Yesterday was a big win for Obama. Doesn't seem reasonable for Hillary to continue at this point.

redsfann

ale connoisseur
Forum Member
Aug 3, 1999
Somewhere in Corn Country
I think so. As long as she kept gaining momentum, I was thinking she had cause to continue. Yesterday was a big win for Obama. Doesn't seem reasonable for Hillary to continue at this point.

Agreed. But she just loaned her campaign 3+ million to continue. If she was interested in party unity and beating McCain in Nov., she would have gotten out of the race long ago. Instead, she will drag this thing out as long as she can; see if she can somehow grab enough super delegates and the real wild card in this whole thing--the party big-wigs are meeting on May 31st. The elephant in the room on that date is the possibility that Fla and Mich will be allowed to re-do their primaries in late August--AFTER the convention.

Don't know too many details about this whole scenario as I just learned about it while watching a bit of CNN's election coverage last night.

Bill Bennett brought it up, and he looked like a cat that just swallowed a canary delivering that information to his fellow panelists and the TV audience.

Toledo Prophet

Forum Member
Oct 5, 2005
Toledo, Ohio
I really dont know what the right answer is.

But I do know that now, for the first time in this whole process, there are more delegates to be gained in the proverbial smokey back rooms than there are out in the electorate.

I feel that HRC thinks she can sway enough superdelegates to tip this back in her favor.

I dont think she can. The new party leaders do not like Hillary and they remember how little she helped out in 2006. Party unity was mentioned above, and I think she proved in the '06 midterms just how little that meant to her. She wont quit.

We will see just how much or little backroom pull the Clintonistas still have. Superdelegates are the only way for them right now. And, I feel the Clintons sway is not what it used to be.

If the Dems had any stones they would tell her Barry-O is our guy and if you drop out we will assume the debt of your campaign. If not, threaten her with a primary challenge in 2012 for that Senate seat. But, I doubt they will play hardball like that and I also doubt HRC will make any concession regarding her campaign debt.

This race is over. Barry-O's main concerns now are picking a running mate......and, of course, John McCain.

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
Its laughable.

First of all Hillary loaned herself another 6 million taking her to 11 million she has loaned herself.

Of course its a excellant investment if she can win the Presidency. She will get that money back ten times over. With her calculating behind the scenes.

Who was she fooling standing in the back of a pickup truck making a speech in North Carolina.
If you are afraid to show who you really are then your doomed. Hillary has broken more lamps in the white house than all the previous first ladys put together. She makes McCain's temper look like a puppy dogs.

The pickup truck staging was so planned its pathetic. It just shows again and again what a desperate calculatiing person she is. Her and her running mate Billy.

Not sure if you watched Billys face when he was standing behind her last night after Indiana. He looked like he was about to hurl.

McGovern , a long time supporter and friend tells her she is hurting the Dem party by prolonging this. I can only think in her misguided mind that she intends to figure out a way to buy delegates or steal the election by getting Florida and Minn to revote. Remember the twisted chad shit we went through with Bush in Florida. And the the Supreme Court decision that closed the door on Gore. And Gore took it like the chumpmaster that he is. And then people would actually consider voting for warmonger, Bush attached at the hip McCain. Wow. With that temper, and he forgets to take his nap and pills , he may fall asleep on the nuke button.

we truly need a third party option . But the Dems and Rep are too strong to let that ever happen anytime soon. They like the control they have now.

Last edited:

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Not sure if you watched Billys face when he was standing behind her last night after Indiana. He looked like he was about to hurl.

cnnpt1.clintons.jpg

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
that wasnt that bad of Willy . I will try to find one that represents what I was talking about.

Seagull.gif

The seagull is Hillary. The seagull managed to make 100 million in the last 8 years.

The seagull knew she needed more cash to run hostile ads etc. What to do , what to do. I got it the seagull said. I will loan myself another 6 million she thought as she was standing on the bed of a pickup truck in North Carolina. Its a pittance for what I will make when I become President.

Then she asked a redneck for a budweiser and yelled Yehaw !

The fritos represent the 2008 democratic nominee election process

:scared :scared

Last edited:

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
ape_shit.jpg

OK I found it. Bill was acting as security standing behind her. It was said he got extra because he had to pull the weapon at one point.

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
WASHINGTON ? Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton lent her presidential campaign $6.4 million over the past month, her campaign said Wednesday, underscoring the financial advantage held by her rival, Barack Obama.

The money more than doubled Clinton?s personal investment in her bid for the Democratic nomination. She gave her campaign $5 million earlier this year.

A campaign aide said Clinton gave her campaign another $5 million on April 11, more than a week before the Pennsylvania primary. She then again dipped into her personal wealth for $1 million last week and $425,000 on Monday, one day before the North Carolina and Indiana primaries.

Clinton?s campaign reported raising $10 million online after her Pennsylvania victory on April 22. Evidently, the money was not enough and her fundraising was unable to keep up with her expenses heading into Tuesday?s contests.

But Clinton had debts of $10.3 million at the start of the month, much of it money owed to her main polling, phone banking and advertising consultants.

I wonder if Billy will figure out a way to stiff anyone they owe money to.?

oopsy

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
oneflewover2.jpg

this is how I think of you smurph.

Not really crazy but capable of water cannoning
someone directly in the face at any moment.
:142smilie

Last edited:

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
hey smurph ,

I been meaning to ask Eddie this but he dont really respond to me.

Do you think I am a political conservative ?

I just have never been able to put myself in
one of them type terms.

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
images

This is the faked smile that always gets me. And when she does it she is pointing out to the crowd like she knows one of the rednecks.

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
images

I dont know much about all them politics. I do know that woman is white, and
if I could write I guess she would get my vote.
She also asked me for a bud and yelled yehaw.
She seems kinda rich though and fake acting.

I killed a rattlesnake one time that reminded me of this woman

rednecks may be dumb but they are not stupid.

Last edited:

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
Yet another last ditch effort to get votes.
It is rather inconsistent to pick that platform to stand on for her speech to white rural North Carolinians.
She is whining about the high price of gas. OK, we all are.
She is against drilling anywhere for more domestic oil.
She wants to raise taxes on oil companies who need to spend more for exploration.
She should be campaigning for higher average efficiency and the use of hybrids to reduce demand.
No. She stands in the bed of a truck that gets maybe 18mpg and most of the time is driven with no payload and 1 occupant.
The phoney message that she is a country girl is supposed to outweigh the negatives of people driving more vehicle than necessary for mundane tasks like the quick trip to the convenience store for a gallon of milk.
The wholesale cost of gasoline is just about the same, world-wide. It's the taxes tht make the difference. Bosnia-Herz. pays over $10.00 including tax. Venezuala pays about $0.13 due to direct subsidies by the government. The U.S. is near the bottom for what we pay.
Lowering the price of fuel by subsidizing it, to buy votes, is immoral IMO. We are broke already. The worst dictatorships in the world maintained control by giving free bread or other commodities. Hillary would be that kind of leader if she ever got the chance. / Blog comment

Damn thats a nut kick .

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
I know this is kinda mean.

But why doesnt Hillary ever take off her pantsuit ?

Answer - she dont want anyone to see her
nut sac.

I just made that up

Bet on MyBookie