Soccer 2017 January - May

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
I am going to make a small play on Ingolstadt tomorrow against Gladbach at +175. This is based on the premise that we do not see the best from Gladbach after their 4-2 victory at Fiorentina on Thursday. It was a fast paced emotional game for them and I am not sure we see the same effort on the road against a team fighting for relegation. Plus I think the line is a little telling. Ingolstadt has a great chance to steal 3 points here. Looks a little like when they were able to catch Leipzig at the right time and beat them 1-0 at home. I expect the same type of game.

I like Gladbach's recent form, this just looks like a very good situational play. Pk-110 is the safer play but I think it is worth a shot at +175 since the week has been profitable.

PittsburghKid

Forum Member
Dec 20, 2011
Halftime la liga-

Atletico 2* to win 3.8*
Atletico PK 3.6* to win 3*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PittsburghKid

Forum Member
Dec 20, 2011
Halftime la liga-

Atletico 2* to win 3.8*
Atletico PK 3.6* to win 3*

Leipzig line went up a bit I like it

3* to win 2*

Hull 2* to win 2.2*
West brom 3* to win 3*

League cup winner

Man U 14* to win 10* . Let's face it, they are in the final. Hull will not make it a series in 2nd leg.

+270.4*

Penguinfan

Thread banned
Forum Member
Dec 5, 2001
Vanished into vortex
I'm not the biggest fan of road favorites and Liverpool has had a propensity to disappoint me this season, but they look say today against LC who is playing without a manager I believe.

Thoughts?

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
Liverpool may be tempting, but I am staying away from them. Its hard to make any case for Leicester based on their recent form, but I have to think the players are happy with the firing of their manager and we may see a more motivated Leicester team tonight. I think the ov 2.5 is the best play here as Leicester has given up an average of 2 a game over the last 7 home games and I think they will score. Something has been going on in that locker room, so I just have a feeling they are motivated and play well. I will play the over and make a small play on them at +430.

Penguinfan

Thread banned
Forum Member
Dec 5, 2001
Vanished into vortex
Liverpool may be tempting, but I am staying away from them. Its hard to make any case for Leicester based on their recent form, but I have to think the players are happy with the firing of their manager and we may see a more motivated Leicester team tonight. I think the ov 2.5 is the best play here as Leicester has given up an average of 2 a game over the last 7 home games and I think they will score. Something has been going on in that locker room, so I just have a feeling they are motivated and play well. I will play the over and make a small play on them at +430.

You are looking REAL good at the half.

DZ

Urban Achiever
Forum Member
Oct 22, 2009
310/917

Great calls Bason:toast:

PittsburghKid

Forum Member
Dec 20, 2011
Great work and calls with Leicester and over! This team sickens me seeing them suddenly remember how to play. I hope they get relegated with how they played this year for Claudio. all of a sudden they played like champions again. :facepalm:

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
Thanks guys.

Kid, I agree on Leicester, but my guess is we see inspired play from them for the remainder of the season. Huge game for them coming up against Hull.

Have to admit that I did bet on the Spurs yesterday, I just didn't want to add fuel to the fire!

DZ

Urban Achiever
Forum Member
Oct 22, 2009
310/917
Thanks guys.

Kid, I agree on Leicester, but my guess is we see inspired play from them for the remainder of the season. Huge game for them coming up against Hull.

Have to admit that I did bet on the Spurs yesterday, I just didn't want to add fuel to the fire!

They damn well better be inspired! Getting relegated after winning the league championship would have to be the most embarrassing feat any club has ever accomplished.

By the way, is there precedent for that? Or another team that came this close to being relegated a season after being crowned champions? Would be an interesting comparison.

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
It has happened more than you think, but mostly in the smaller leagues.

Only once before in the Premier League and that was in 1938 after Man City won the title the year before (and by the way a year where Man U was relegated). I also believe Man City was the highest scoring team in the league with a positive goal differential the year they were relegated.

Once in Germany. Of course it was Nurnberg who has been relegated a record 8 times. They won in 1968 and was relegated the next year. Nurnberg has a great Germany soccer history. If you get bored one day do some internet searches on them, it is a good read. Most people do not know what a historic club they really are in Germany. Most of it all before the Bundesliga was formed.

I know Juve was relegated after 2006 but that was due to scandal. AC Milan won in 78/79 and then went down.

Scandinavian leagues are the worst. I think it has happened at least 3 times each in Denmark, Norway, Finland and Sweden.

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
Thanks Vig! On a nice little run, let's hope it continues.

Not sure about Gladbach today. They are definitely the better team and playing very well. Hamburg, however, is off that humiliating loss to Bayern, so I am thinking they are going to come to play at home today. They are a much better team at home and have not lost in their last 3. On the other hand, they are fighting for their lives in league play and have two home games coming up that they need points in to stave off relegation, the second of which is against Gladbach. It is a tough game to cap, so I am laying off.

I think the better play is Bayern -1.5 -140. When they are healthy and motivated they are the best team in the world and they appear to be on a roll right now. And you get the added benefit that Schalke has been terrible on the road all season. I also think Bayern is annoyed that the last time they played a few weeks ago in Munich the game ended in a draw. The Cup is important to Bayern, they are 5 points clear in the league and have a healthy lead over Arsenal in CL, so I think they come to play and win handily. Never like laying goals with big juice, but think this could be a good spot today to do so for a regular play.

Should be back a little later as I am looking at a couple other games.

PittsburghKid

Forum Member
Dec 20, 2011
FA cup

I was all over Huddersfield the first time the played and won.. this time I'm all over city. They are fielding a strong lineup and this cup may be their best chance at a trophy this year. Huddersfield makes 9 changes and is fighting for promotion

City FH 10* to win 4*
City -1 FH 5.2* to win 4*
City -2 17* to win 10*

Bet on MyBookie