Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
Dam some you guys got great memories. I can appreciate that. LOL

Chadman

Realist
Forum Member
Apr 2, 2000
SW Missouri
So Freeze, are you against abortion in ALL cases? Meaning, specifically, rape, incest, etc? Is there any situation, in your mind, where abortion would be a viable option? Let's just say, a daughter is raped by her abusive, drunk father? I'm not asking about the frequency or amount of cases this encompasses...wondering if there are any situations where you think it could be an option?

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Was just thinking about Fast Times at Ridgemont High. This was a very pro-abortion movie. When what's her name got knocked up by Demone, there was no debate at all - everyone agreed to get the abortion. I remember actually being surprised at how ho-hum it was handled. Demone was such a slouch - all he had to do was fork out $75 and a ride. He really failed when the game was on the line. ...Unlike Jefferson of course, who was inspired because his car was destroyed by his lil' brother and Spicoli and blamed on the rival school.

Crushed by Jefferson.

djv

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
I see many womans groups across country say. No vacations in S D.
If they get there way that could cost S D big money. Tourist is big business there. With Black Hills, Mt Rush, Bad lands and Deadwood. Not much else to see but grain growing. It would be to bad.

Nick Douglas

Forum Member
Oct 31, 2000
Los Angeles, CA, USA
kosar: Yep, that one was for you, buddy.

ctownguy: EXACTLY!!!! That was exactly my point in the first place. SD conservatives are being *hypocritical* by behaving in exactly the same way of the people they criticize.

There is no question that Roe got to the Supreme Court by manipulation of the system in the first place. The problem I have is that conservatives have consistently criticized those who try to circumvent the laws and do something they think is morally right even when they know it's legally wrong.

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
smurphy said:
Was just thinking about Fast Times at Ridgemont High. This was a very pro-abortion movie. When what's her name got knocked up by Demone, there was no debate at all - everyone agreed to get the abortion. I remember actually being surprised at how ho-hum it was handled. Demone was such a slouch - all he had to do was fork out $75 and a ride. He really failed when the game was on the line. ...Unlike Jefferson of course, who was inspired because his car was destroyed by his lil' brother and Spicoli and blamed on the rival school.

Crushed by Jefferson.

Saul, have you ever seen The Last American Virgin? Great movie, if only for the unorthodox, teen-movie ending. That was another very pro-choice flick. The problem is that the girl who plays Monique in Better Off Dead never realizes just how much the dork guy does for her. Bitch.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Finster, you are spot-on with that LAV abortion analysis. Actually a very realistic movie in the way the hot chicks always fall for the complete assholes and the nice guys are masochistic losers who are constantly trampled on and taken advantage of by the hot chicks and assholes.

Excellent degree of separation bridge to BOD as well. Now THAT was a movie.

"Damn shame when people be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that".

Last edited:

dr. freeze

BIG12 KING
Forum Member
Aug 25, 2001
Mansion
Nick Douglas said:
ctownguy: EXACTLY!!!! That was exactly my point in the first place. SD conservatives are being *hypocritical* by behaving in exactly the same way of the people they criticize.

any examples?

funny how your hypocrisy is directly pointed out and instead of responding you insinuate some other unnamed hypocrisy?

:142smilie :mj07: :142smilie

dr. freeze

BIG12 KING
Forum Member
Aug 25, 2001
Mansion
Chadman said:
So Freeze, are you against abortion in ALL cases? Meaning, specifically, rape, incest, etc? Is there any situation, in your mind, where abortion would be a viable option? Let's just say, a daughter is raped by her abusive, drunk father? I'm not asking about the frequency or amount of cases this encompasses...wondering if there are any situations where you think it could be an option?

those are tough situations and i personally advocate on the spot birth control and EDUCATION making the citizenry aware of such an option....of course the abortionists do not want people to know about this option because they make lots of $$$ in the other

others consider post-coital birth control contraception as abortion which i firmly disagree with and again i think the public on the right needs to be educated about this issue

i AM however against an abortion against anything after it has implanted in the womb....i don't think killing a fetus errrr baby is justified after a horrific act of rape or incest...a wrong added to another wrong just makes things worse

if we really want these cases to go down to levels where they happen once in a blue moon, we should get out the castrator for such individuals to deter such behavior

and again, educate the public about post-coital contraception....and make reasonable arguments about its merit to the right and how it isn't killing anything.....i can give such an explanation coherently but that would take a few pages and i don't have time right now

Chadman

Realist
Forum Member
Apr 2, 2000
SW Missouri
That's fine, Freeze. Your opinion is fine by me. It's a very volatile issue, and the first part shows you to be measured in your thoughts. Good solution for that.

I don't think I agree with the rape part, as that is not a matter of choice for the woman and to force them to take a baby to term seems extreme to me. I can appreciate your thoughts, though.

Last edited:
Bet on MyBookie