Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Johnny Guild

Texas Longhorns + 3.5
Davidson Wildcats + 9.5

Gina

Sunday March 30th, 2008 9:00 p.m. est.
Dallas Mavericks (45-27) at Golden State Warriors (44-28)
The Mavericks have dropped four of their last five road games and have a sorrowful record against the Warriors. Dallas has lost nine of their last 13 games against Golden State, going 2-11 ATS. Look for the high powered Warriors to outscored the Mavericks and take advantage of the Mavericks being without their key player All-Star forward Dirk Nowitzki. Go with the Warriors at home. Dallas 0-7 ATS in the last 7 battles in Golden State and the home team in this series has covered six of the last 7 meetings.

Golden State Warriors

Golden State Warriors - 5
Washington Wizards + 8?

Mr A
San Antonio Spurs -5
Philadelphia 76ers + 3?
Golden State Warriors - 4?

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Sports Monitor

Sacramento (32-40) at Seattle (17-56)

Kings -5 /total 215

TRENDS: The Kings have covered two of their last 11 road games. Theroad team has covered ten of the last 12 in this series. Theover is 6-2 in Sacramento's last eight road games.

GAME SUMMARY: Seattle, with the worst record in the Western Conference and losses in 13 of its last 15, doesn't seem to have muchof a chance to end its skid against Sacramento.

SPORTS MONITOR
PREDICTION: Sacramento 114 Seattle 103

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

taipans

Forum Member
Jun 15, 2000
NY
Veno All Access Sports Autobill Package 10/2/06 12/10/09

3/30/08 CBB 20* Blue Chip: Kansas Over 144 -110 (520)

3/30/08 CBB Texas +3.5 (521)

3/30/08 NBA San Antonio Over 174 -110 (502)

3/30/08 NBA Blue Chip: Toronto Over 196.5 -110 (510)

3/30/08 NBA Golden State Over 215.5 -110 (516)

3/30/08 MLB Washington Over 8.5 -110 (998)

ER All Access Sports Autobill Package 10/2/06 12/10/09

3/30/08 CBB Playmaker: Kansas Over 144.5 -110 (520)

3/30/08 NBA Cleveland Under 191.5 -110 (512)

3/30/08 NBA Dallas +5 (515)

3/30/08 NBA Playmaker: Golden State Under 216 -110 (516)

Fairway NCAA/NBA Hoops Through April 7th 2/18/08 4/30/08

3/30/08 CBB Texas +3.5 (521)

3/30/08 CBB Big Drive: Memphis Over 144 -110 (522)

rino

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2006
ROOT

Chairman - Texas
Millionaire - Kansas
Money Maker - Timberwolves

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

taipans

Forum Member
Jun 15, 2000
NY
spritzer--
tko.........................tex
situational elite 8 winner......3*...........davidson

insider....................spurs
tko.....................sixers
4*......................gold st

cokin--
window..................tex
3*.....................kansas

3*.........................sixers

fesit--
personal best..................tex over 43
platinum.........................memph
5* round 8 blocbuster..............davidson

total gom.....................spurs under
total......................cavs over 91.5
platinum...........................hornets
inner circle....................kings

Al Kaline

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
West Coast
Jeff Bonds | MLB Money Line
dime bet997 ATL (-165)vs WAS
Analysis:

It's going to be a special night in the nation's capitol, as the Washington Nationals open up their new ball park against the Atlanta Braves.

Problem is - they're simply overmatched on opening night, as the Braves send ace Tim Hudson to the mound against veteran left-hander Odalis Perez.

Emotions will certainly be high - but Hudson is FAR BETTER suited for such a start. Perez has simply been below average the past three seasons - tallying a 14-19 record with an ERA over 5.50 in each season.

Hudson seems primed to make a splash again this season - coming off a 2-0 spring with a 1.47 ERA in five starts. The right-hander was a perfect 4-0 with a 0.60 ERA in four starts against the Nationals in 2007 and there's no left-handed bat in this lineup to give him problems this season. Washington will start Nick Johnson, but it's his first start in quite some time (missing games due to injury) -he carries a .188 average against Hudson (3-for-16).

The Atlanta Braves prove victorious in the season opener on American soil.

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
DR BOB

NBA
2 Star Selection
GOLDEN STATE (-5) over Dallas
30-Mar-08 06:05 PM Pacific Time
The value of injured star Dirk Nowitski is more than the oddsmakers think it is, and the Mavericks are now 0-4 ATS without Nowitski this season and 1-7 ATS without their star since the beginning of last season. Dallas is easily worse than an average team with Nowitski and I favor the Warriors by 9 points in this game. Dallas didn?t match up well with Golden State even with their star and they certainly don?t match up now. In fact, the Mavericks continue to have trouble with all fast paced teams ? especially on the road. With their 13 point loss at Denver on Thursday the Mavericks are now just 4-20 ATS the last two seasons in road games when the over/under is 200 points or higher, including 1-18 ATS if their opponent has a win percentage of .333 or higher. Dallas is 0-7 ATS in their last 7 trips to Oakland and now they catch the Warriors after a loss, which will make it even tougher for them to compete. Golden State is 21-1 straight up in their last 22 games following a loss and the Warriors are 16-2 ATS in games after a loss when not favored by more than 6 points when both Stephen Jackson and Baron Davis are playing. Both teams obviously have incentive, but the Warriors are now a much better team and they rarely play poorly in consecutive games. I?ll take Golden State in a 2-Star Best Bet at -6 points or less.
2-Stars at -6 or less.

COLLEGE
2 Star Selection
Texas (+3 ?) over Memphis
30-Mar-08 11:20 AM Pacific Time
Memphis was clearly better than Texas this season if you considered all games equally, but the Longhorns have a strong tendency to play better against other good teams while relaxing against mediocre and bad teams. The Horns were just 3-5 ATS as a double-digit favorite in the regular season, but they are 6-3 straight up this season as an underdog. Texas played 6 games against top level teams this season and their results were very impressive. The Longhorns split 2 games with Kansas, beat Tennessee by 19 points on a neutral floor, won straight up at UCLA, whipped Stanford by 20 points and lost by just 1 point to Wisconsin. Overall, Texas? scoring margin in those games was +5.5 points against a schedule that rates at 2 ? points worse than Memphis? rating. Memphis, meanwhile, beat up on bad teams this season and split their two games against top level teams, beating Georgetown at home by 14 and losing by 4 at home to Tennessee. Weighting all games equally for both teams would result in Memphis having a rating that is 5 points better than the Longhorns, but giving more weight to games against better competition results in these teams having an equal rating and I would make this game a pick if this were a neutral court. But, this game is not a neutral court, as Texas has more support with this game being played in Houston and teams playing in their home state are now 115-75 ATS in NCAA Tournament games since I?ve been keeping track, including 9-3 ATS this year. Texas appears to be getting 1 ? points for playing in Houston, given that the oddsmakers opened this line at Memphis by 3 ? points (remember, using all games equally results in Memphis by 5 on a neutral court). If my ratings make this game a pick on a neutral court, then I favor Texas by 1 ? points here in Houston. I?ll take Texas in a 2-Star Best Bet at +3 points or more and for 3-Stars at +4 or more. My predicted total is 142 points.
2-Stars at +3 or more, 3-Stars at +4 or more.

Opinion
Davidson (+9 ?) over Kansas

30-Mar-08 02:05 PM Pacific Time
My ratings have tabbed Davidson as an underrated team in each round of this tournament and that is the case once again. Kansas is a great team, but the Jayhawks have been relatively better against mediocre and bad teams than they have against other good teams and my ratings adjust for that tendency. Davidson, meanwhile, was as good as they needed to be in sweeping through the weak Southern Conference, playing better when they needed to play better and letting up against the league?s bad teams. My ratings adjust for Davidson?s tendency to perform relatively better against good teams, which is why I?ve been leaning with the Wildcats to cover in this tournament. Weighting all games for the entire season equally would result in a fair line of Kansas by 9 ? points and the oddsmakers came up with the same number. However, that is not a realistic number given Kansas? tendency to run up the score against bad teams while Davidson had the opposite tendency. If I throw out games each team played against bad teams I then get Kansas by 8 points. If I only include opponents that are NIT caliber or better I then get a prediction of 7 points. And, if I use only games played by Kansas against NCAA Tournament caliber teams I get a fair line of Jayhawks by only 5 ? points. Davidson has played 6 games this season against very good teams (North Carolina, Duke, UCLA, Gonzaga, Georgetown, and Wisconsin) and their average scoring margin in those games is +0.8 points. Davidson has certainly proven that they can play with the best teams in the nation and my NCAA ratings favor Kansas by 5 ? points, which I believe to be the fair line on this game. Unfortunately, Davidson applies to a negative 46-116-4 ATS situation and that situation is 10-31-1 ATS in NCAA Tournament games. The Wildcats also apply to a 13-1 ATS NCAA tourney situation that plays on Cinderella teams (#9 seeded or worse) coming off an upset win. Overall, the technical analysis favors Kansas a bit in this game so I will not make Davidson a Best Bet. However, I?ll lean with Davidson at +8 points or more. My predicted total is 146 points.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

to1

Forum Member
Sep 10, 2007
Wolkosky Milan

536-434-18 last two hundred one days
199-159-5 last eighty one days
4-0 Friday

Today:

10* HOUSTON +7
10* TORONTO +3?
10* HOU/SAS UNDER 175
10* NOH/TOR UNDER 198
10* PHI/CLE OVER 191

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Executive

250% Texas

Tom Stryker

5* Kansas

Bob Balfe

Timberwolves
Davidson
Memphis

Power Play Of the Day

Davidson/Kansas over 145

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Nick Parsons

Nick "BookieKiller" Parsons | NBA Sides
double-dime bet518 LAL 0.0 (-110) Bodog vs 517 WAS

Los Angeles Lakers (-) vs Washington @ 9:35 ET The Lakers, despite an unbelievable performance from Kobe Bryant, lost again on Friday. The home loss to the Grizzlies came on the heels of a home loss to the Bobcats on Wednesday. Two straight home losses to two of the worst teams in the league will have the Lakers fired up for tonights game. Note that Los Angeles hasnt lost three straight in more than two months! Since acquiring Pau Gasol, thinks really have looked up for the Lakers. In fact theyve gone 15-3 with him in the lineup but 4-5 without him. Tonight though, the story will be Kobe Bryant. Hes averaged 37.2 points per game in his last five games against Washington. He led the way with 30 points in the Lakers last meeting with the Wizards. That game was in Washington but Los Angeles still rolled by double digits and a similar result can be expected today. There is a chance that Gasol returns tonight but the Lakers will roll to a big win here even if theyre without him. The Lakers have lost three straight home games and as Lakers star Kobe Bryant stated, we got to buck up here. Look for a big response from Los Angeles in this one. The Wizards are starting to play better since Caron Butler has come back. Gilbert Arenas is still out but Washington has won 7 of 9 with Butler back on the floor. The Wizards rallied from a double digit halftime deficit to win at Sacramento on Friday. Washington has now won two straight road games but the trip started with an ugly 20 point loss at Portland. With wins in their last two the Wizards are 2-1 so far on this trip but theyve faced three teams that will not be playing in the postseason. In other words, the Wizards are definitely facing a much tougher test tonight. The Wizards did win in their last visit to Los Angeles when they faced the Lakers at the Staples Center last season. However, Arenas had 60 points in that win and he wont score a single point tonight! The Lakers will undoubtedly give their best effort tonight as, not only are they looking to bounce back from consecutive defeats, they have the next two days off before playing again on Wednesday. Contrast this with a Wizards schedule that has them in Utah tomorrow night. Battling for playoff position, the Wizards will likely save some for the Jazz if they get down big in this game. In other words, dont expect Washington to rally big late in this game if the final outcome (a loss) seems unavoidable. This will allow the Lakers to pull away and win by a big margin and that is why this should be another winning Big Easy

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
The King Maker

CBB Total
dime bet522 Memphis / 521 Texas Over 142.5 BetUS
Analysis:
Texas/Memphis OVER 142.5 (-120) At BetUS

Keep this in mind: Texas is inclinced to let Memphis set up on offense, and Memphis will fear the Texas push up the court, so they will be less aggressive in the three-quarter press.
We may have more offense than the line indicates.
And don't worry about the length of the Tiger guards. Kansas was better, and texas still soared over 70!
*The last TX/Kansas game hit 158

Right now, Memphis is at the top of their game, and Texas is really moving much quicker than they had at the start of the season. So these teams are in a cycle that places them ABOVE their season averages on offense.

The sharps may be inclined to focus on the fact that we have two TOP FLIGHT defenses in play tonight, and some of you might know that I favor Texas against a heavy ARC shooting team, so you might be inclined to think I would go UNDER, and take Texas plus the points.

But this will not be the case. Memphis plays a style of offense that tries to "drive and kick". They are a stronger version on Baylor in this fashion, and the style of play tends to give more open looks to the perimeter shooter. This should remove texas defenders from their usual re-directs.

Memphis, like Baylor, will try to push the Texas frontcourt, draw in the Longhorn guards, and kick to the open man. And the score will approach the levels of the Texas-Baylor scores this year......(less than, but closer to). A drive and kick team can hurt Texas.

TX/BAY Scores this year.
80-72
82-77

Texas thrives, defensively, when they are in the shooter's face. They like to play you horizontally, EAST to WEST, along the perimeter, and they need to be close to you in order to contest the shot. They can kill a perimeter dependant team, like Tennessee for this reason.
But Memphis is not "perimeter dependant". They will focus more on pentration as a tool for the "kick-out", and they are really at a point where they are working the ball perfectly.

A quick look at the "game-flow" for both Memphis and Texas will show you that they are moving quicker than usual.
Memphis is running on EVERYONE, regardless of size.

92 Points on Michigan State?
77 Points on Mississippi State?
Those aren't defensive cupcakes, folks!
This Memphis team is on a mission.

Keep this in mind as well. When I told you to take the OVER in the Texas-Stanford game, I pointed out that Texas was essentially the BEST team in the nation at taking care of the ball.
Memphis is too (#13)!

Both of these teams can deliver the ball to the half court, and Texas is rarely interested in slowing anyone down in this matter! As Stated before, Texas likes to get back and set up defensively. We should not have a bunch of delays on the progression up the court.

By the way, Texas has hung 82 points on Stanford (Slower Tempo), and nearly reach 80 points against Miami. I've seen them really attempt to push the tempo, so that their guards can catch the defense out of sync. They are shooting earlier in the shot clock lately, and I love this for our over!
In the Stanford game, both teams took 65 shots!!!!

I think there are two very interesting things to point out. Memphis is regarded as one of the best defenses in the nation BUT, outside of USC and Oklahoma, all other NON-C-USA teams exceeded 70 points against this defense.
Memphis and their defense is overrated to a certain degree.
Texas is a top flight offense!

When Calipari joked that these two teams could reach 200+ points tonight, you take it with a grain of salt, but I definitely think both of these teams will surpass 72 points tonight.
And remember this: Texas is only so-so on defenisive rebounds. Here's a quote from Glockner of ESPN:

TEXAS Biggest weakness: Defensive rebounding.
The difference between them and the Cardinal, though, is that Texas is a below-average defensive rebounding team, which when combined with the low turnover rate, helps opposing offenses get additional chances at the basket.
Guys, Austin Peay had 15 offensive boards against Texas in round #1!!!!!! Is Memphis a bit overrated on Defense?

I think they are.

The Tigers are fast, they take care of the ball, and they can create a frantic pace. All things considered, I think we can expose a little scoring today!!!!!

Added notes: Why Memphis will "get off" today and score some points.

Texas? Bad on the offensive boards

Let me use my favorite example to illustrate the functional stresses on Texas in the Off/Ribby department....
Tennessee has been a bad offensive rebounding team, at times, especially early in the season, because they had Lofton and Howell out on the ARC screwing around, and fading from their shots. All long rebounds go to the other team. The other team uses that lost zone to establish the footing for a fast break opportunity. Lofton and Howell get very few rebounds.

Abrams for Texas is the same way: Notice that he had ZERO rebounds against AP? It's not unusual. Sure, he was 6-10 from the ARC, so he's worth the trouble, like Lofton, but the weakness is there. You have ONE THIRD of the perimeter unguarded on the rebound in this case. Sometimes for Tennessee its 2/3rds. Abrams is fading, or watching his shot. He falls out of position before he hits the floor.
That gap in the rebounding area allows the other team to, not only rebound, but also to run the ball and catch Texas in a bad spot in transition.

By the way, in that AP game, Augustine only had 3 rebounds and Mason was the only beast (9). No other guard had a rebound aside from Mason and Augustine. NONE!
You have a HOLE in the TWO DEEP at the perimeter. Thank goodness those boys play a ton of minutes. Nobody is there on the bench to help.

Throw out the Stanford game if you want, the guards for STAN are overworked, tired, and not very quick, so Texas was bound to dominate them on perimeter rebounds.
EVEN then! Stanford had 18 offensive boards!!!!!! That's a ton!
I could go on all day, but Baylor will serve my point. Abrams had ZERO rebounds, once again, and Baylor beat Mighty Texas on the offensive boards 14-12! Yes! That's 14 offensive rebounds!

We could break down 8 more games, at least
I hope this helps.

Just look at the court and divide it up in your head. THERE IS A DEFINITE GAP IN THE ABRAMS ZONE! It's always there. It doesn't go unnoticed. It is the trigger point for a lot of what Memphis will like to do!

I definitely think that Memphis has the lanes to BIG production today! This zone weakness will be exploited, along with several others.

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Rocco Vincintore

1000* MIDWEST REGIONAL FINALS PLAY OF THE YEAR
Date: Sunday, March 30, 2008
$35.00 Guaranteed: We are now 36-16 in the NBA and 74-47 in College Hoops for a total of 110-62 in Basketball for the year. Today we are releasing our 1000* MIDWEST REGIONAL FINALS PLAY OF THE YEAR that you can get for just $35 and you MUST BE A WINNER or you will not be charged!

KANSAS -9.5

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg