The Great American Burger in pictures!!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

redsfann

ale connoisseur
Forum Member
Aug 3, 1999
Somewhere in Corn Country
Boozie Burger, at Boozie's Bar and Grill, in Davenport, Iowa!

IMG_1961-1.jpg

The Boozie Burger has Iowa ground beef--includes three cheeses and bacon and Boozie's original special smoky sauce. Along with pickles, tomato, onion, and mayo. They bottle and sell the sauce too. Just wish the meat patty was bigger. Shoulda ordered double. Sauce is good, but my favorite sauce is still Burgerville's.

You were in Davenport? next time let me know and I'll meet you at Boozie's for one of these. FANTASTIC burgers!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

jvenz

Heavy Hitter
Forum Member
Nov 22, 2010
Boston/Hawaii
BBC?s Create Your Own Burger Contest!!!Posted on August 28, 2011 in: blog4 CommentsHere?s it is, the BIG announcement we mentioned last week? Boston Burger Company is hosting a ?CREATE YOUR OWN BURGER? contest! We are so excited to see what our amazing costumers come up with. We want you to be as original and outrageous as possible while still creating a delicious burger. Are you up for the challenge??

Here?s how it works? Create a burger recipe that will knock our socks off. Name it (and as the poster says, we enjoy humor). E-mail your submissions to Caroline, caroline@bostonburgerco.com, by October 1, 2011 with ?BBC?s Create Your Own Burger Contest? in the subject line. We will then narrow it down to the TOP 5 burgers. From October 2 ? 15, 2011 YOU will vote for the lucky winner.

Now the important part ? THE PRIZES! If you win, you will receive a $200 gift card to BBC, your burger will be November?s ?Burger of the Month,? and your mug shot put on our wall-of-fame! Amazing, right?

Terryray

Say Parlay
Forum Member
last week ate the famous Blutarsky Burger (blackened, bacon, cheddar and "holy guacamole") at Diablo Burger, Flagstaff, Arizona.....Cooked medium-rare unless you ask--sure sign of fine burger place! Damn good, and idea of toasted english muffins for bun is great idea. Fries done real good too, but too much seasoning (herbes de Provence and salt). Have to ask for less next time.

cRBEosO.jpg

the excellent beef is 100% local open-range organic + hormone free, char-broiled. The menu states that the Blutarsky is named "in honor of Faber College's Finest Foodie--side of Jello not included"

Last edited:

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
BBC?s Create Your Own Burger Contest!!!Posted on August 28, 2011 in: blog4 CommentsHere?s it is, the BIG announcement we mentioned last week? Boston Burger Company is hosting a ?CREATE YOUR OWN BURGER? contest! We are so excited to see what our amazing costumers come up with. We want you to be as original and outrageous as possible while still creating a delicious burger. Are you up for the challenge??

Here?s how it works? Create a burger recipe that will knock our socks off. Name it (and as the poster says, we enjoy humor). E-mail your submissions to Caroline, caroline@bostonburgerco.com, by October 1, 2011 with ?BBC?s Create Your Own Burger Contest? in the subject line. We will then narrow it down to the TOP 5 burgers. From October 2 ? 15, 2011 YOU will vote for the lucky winner.

Now the important part ? THE PRIZES! If you win, you will receive a $200 gift card to BBC, your burger will be November?s ?Burger of the Month,? and your mug shot put on our wall-of-fame! Amazing, right?

I hate when companys try to steal other peoples ideas through contests like this.
'
Do your own homework and come up with what you will sell.

Oh yeh winner gets a free hamburge with frys and the owners could clean clocks with someone else's idea.

Lazy bastids.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Terryray

Say Parlay
Forum Member
The "#5 HF PHILLY BURGER - $7.75: HF Burger ? Provolone Cheese ? Grilled Onions ? Grilled Peppers ? Grilled Mushrooms"

at HF Crave, Lincoln, Nebraska

bxdCFhC.jpg

Good as it looks! I was hoping for a bit more beefy flavor on the meat, but still was fine! I also ordered Waffle Fries ($1.75) with the superb creamy garlic dipping sauce.

All natural grass fed beef from the local Hollenbeck farm (who own the restaurant) and a bun from Le Quartier bakery a few doors down in this South Lincoln strip mall. HF also sells raw packaged meat from the farm out of a freezer behind the counter you order yer burger from.

Last edited:

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zGkHRa64sDY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

this guy is the black version of TerryRay

he loves him some Five Guys

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
B

Billy in 4C

For a delicious burger, try village whiskey, one in downtown philadelphia and one in revel in AC

Terryray

Say Parlay
Forum Member
Favorite burgers on my own grill:

I mix in the beef some shredded sharp cheddar cheese, cooked bacon, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.

here are all the ingredients:

kCW28.jpg

this recipe won a contest for best burger someplace, and "Cook's Illustrated" did their own tweeks to it.

1? pounds 80 percent lean ground beef

1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
8 strips cooked bacon, crumbled fine
4 teaspoons yellow mustard
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
? teaspoon table salt
? teaspoon ground black pepper

here I am mixing it:

SiZAk.jpg

1. Break beef into small pieces in medium bowl. Add cheese, bacon, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Using fork, toss until evenly distributed. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions and lightly pack into 1-inch-thick patties.

2. When coals are ready and grate is hot, dip wad of paper towels in vegetable oil and use tongs to rub oil over grate. Grill burgers over very hot fire, without pressing down on them, until well seared on both sides and cooked through, 8 to 12 minutes. Transfer to plate, tent with foil, and let rest 5 minutes. Serve.

ohnf1.jpg

by myself I usually add bit more salt and pepper. It's hard to over season a burger. I sometimes shake garlic powder generously on them just before grilling.

and ya don't wanna over work and kneed that meat mix. The more you work it, the denser it gets, less tasty and more dry. Mine grill and fall apart a bit 'cause mixed so loosley. The super burger aficinatos will grind their own beef, then take the plop that comes out of grinder and barely shape it before plopping down on a grill. Those so loose the juices can get around every strand of ground and taste excellent!

These taste just excellent!! Especially on buttered and grilled buns! Watch when grilling those buttered buns tho, sometimes they done in only 20 seconds!

I usually eyeball it and guess doneness when cooking burgers, but ya really shouldn't...
MEDIUM-WELL BURGER: 145 to 160 degrees, 4 to 5 minutes per side

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

BobbyBlueChip

Trustee
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
Belly of the Beast
269824_10151473299220830_13788973_n.jpg

Tom & Eddie's Blue Chip ;) Burger

Sliced Hass avocado, roasted garlic aioli, red ripe tomato and topped with blue cheese cream and fresh-made potato chips served on a gourmet roll.