The Hippo-Kramer Contest 2008!

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
After a stellar innaugural edition, the muggy August weather and end of darts season is telling me that another NFL season is approaching.

I'm assuming all participants are returning:

Happy Hippo
Kramer
smurphy
dunclock
woodson
Mr. Mel
rolltide
bjfinste
badtodabone
imfeklhr
Wesis69

Plus, there is one newbie for sure:

ripken8

Other possible players:

Augusta?
Sponge?
Kosar?
BBC?
Gardenweasel?

Anyone listed here as well as anyone else who would like to play should chirp now so that Hippo can run your papers and approve/deny your participation.

-------------------------------

Since we never held our offseason league management meeting (stupid Hippo got knocked up), I guess we should just go with the same rules - but with a twist. Whoever is winning after the regular season will automatically receive half the money. The winner at the end of the Superbowl will get the rest of the booty.

------------------------------

A review of the rules:

You must pick 3 NFL sides or totals each week of the regular season. Picks for the whole week must be posted or emailed before first kickoff of main playing day (Not necessary to get all picks in before Thursday/oddball games).

Each selection is worth 1 point if it's correct, -1 if wrong, 0 if a tie. You have the option of making one of your selections double value each week. So, you have the potential of risking as many 4 points each week.

It gets a little more tricky when playoffs start. For Wildcard and Division rounds (first 2 weeks), you select 2 or 3 sides/totals. Each of these selections is worth 2 points, and you have the option of making one of them 3. You could be risking as few as 4 points or as many as 7 in each of those weeks.

For Conference Championships, you can select 1 or 2 games worth 3 points each - with the option of making one of them worth 4. This allows you to risk as few as 3 or as many as 7 points.

For the Superbowl, you must select 1 side or total worth 5 or 7 points.

$20 per person to be sent to winner(s) at end of season.

:director: Personal battles/bets encouraged. Bashing/insults/mocking strongly encouraged.:chairshot

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
Considering the hissy-fit you threw last year over me "pulling a Finster" and playing both sides of the same game, you should probably make some mention of that in the rules.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Considering the hissy-fit you threw last year over me "pulling a Finster" and playing both sides of the same game, you should probably make some mention of that in the rules.

:nono: If anyone has so little respect for themselves to pull a 'finster', then I just feel too sorry for them to enforce the rule.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Thanks for thinking of me, jack-ass.

Count me in idiot.

PS: I'm just testing the waters.

Consider yourself included. Welcome aboard, athiest.:00hour

Are you playing the Stations thingy?

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
:nono: If anyone has so little respect for themselves to pull a 'finster', then I just feel too sorry for them to enforce the rule.

We'll see how you feel if it's week 17, and you need Wise Ass to go 0-3 and you to go 3-0 in order to overtake him, and he pulls such a stunt. You'll be whining like a little girl with a skinned knee like you were last year.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
We'll see how you feel if it's week 17, and you need Wise Ass to go 0-3 and you to go 3-0 in order to overtake him, and he pulls such a stunt. You'll be whining like a little girl with a skinned knee like you were last year.

I whined about you? ....You were never even in the picture.:mj07:

OK FINE - You can't pick both sides of same game. It's an official rule now. Happy?
....F*kkin attortneys! I swear.:rolleyes:

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
(Jack, the "No Bashing" thing doesn't apply to this contest, does it?):scared

Bet on MyBookie