The Players Championship

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Clive

Forum Member
Apr 18, 2001
Oxford, England
www.take624.com
Sorry Smoothie

Rest of World Market..not Euro or US players..
When I played this market Els was still in as fav, so that helps the odds a great deal as I don't think there will be a deduction.

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
I am glad to see you all liking Ames. I thought I was bonkers as he was high on my outright list vs entire field,but I thought you would have thought I'd gone mad if I posted it.:lol:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
But you know what usually happens when we all like a player :shrug:

Adding (1 unit):

Nick Price to beat K.J. Choi -150 @ Pinnacle
Will side with Price again as he is ideally suited for matchups. Very consistent in the big events and in this event in particular, he beat Choi by 5 shots last year in the South Korean's only visit to Sawgrass and can boast a high percentage of top-10 finishes, whereas Choi has made just one in eight starts since the Mercedes Championships.

Bob Tway to beat Carlos Franco -120 @ Pinnacle
Two players who when they're good, they're good and when they're bad ... Both have a host of missed cuts this season and in this event alongside some very high finishes. But Franco cannot match the top-5 finishes that Tway has achieved in his last two starts and this course should be more punishing on Franco's more wayward game.

Stephen Leaney to beat Scott McCarron -108 @ Five Dimes
Just can't support McCarron who in his last four events has missed the cut three times and lost in the 1st round of the other. He has also missed the cut in four of seven visits to Sawgrass. This will be Leaney's first visit, but he has followed up his 2nd place finish in the Johnnie Walker Classic with only Woods putting him out of the WGC Match Play in the 3rd round and another good showing at Bay Hill last week. Should make the cut at least.

warner

Forum Member
Jan 9, 2003
5th major

5th major

down 140 last week up 570 for year
price 0 hoch 294/175
price 0 choi 310/200
goosen 0 leonard 140/100
tway 0 franco 163/125
lonard 0 campbell 156/125
i think price is the matchup play of the week lets hope i am right

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

lostinamerica

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2001
Between Green Bay and Iowa City
OUTRIGHTS:

My thinking is that among the names on the Saturday night and Sunday leaderboard of the 5th major, the themes that emerge will be keyed more keenly to factors intrinsic to the careers of the contenders than to extrinsic shaping events like childbirths, home cooking or war torn emotions. I am being drawn in particular to players with a resume that may seem a little light, those with some unfulfilled history in this event, and players that have already served notice, while tracking solidly and visibly on the leaderbord and news coverage during the season to date, that they seem quite likely to still be shining in August as having been on their way to a bar raising or re-emerging or valedictory type of season. As for the TPC course, I think the fairways are generous enough to not take the driver out of the players hands, although the penalty is severe if they do go astray, and strategic positioning off the tee can pay nice dividends in facing some peculiar challenges on the way to the hole. Expereience rates high, but I think there is enough funk left in this matured Pete Dye track so that it remains an acquired taste that some outstanding ball strikers are not likely to embrace any time soon. After trying to identify some trends from this season converging with trends from this championship, I came up with some usual and unusual suspects . . .

(A) Jerry Kelly(40/1) for 0.50* e.w @ Bet365

(B) Adam Scott(100/1) for 0.50* e.w. @ Bet365
I hear that he likes the course, and that his instructor Butch Harmon has tried putting a burr under his saddle by calling him out as too nice for his own good.

(C) Jeff Sluman(85/1) for 0.50* e.w. @ 5dimes

(D) PARLAY Nick Faldo(11/1 and 1/4 for Top 3) as Top European WITH Jerry Kelly(20/1 and 1/4 for Top 4) as Top American without Woods for 0.50* e.w. @ Bet365

(E) Robert Gamez(100/1) for Low 1st Round for 0.15* @ 5dimes

(F) Bob Tway(100/1) for Low 1st Round for 0.15* @ 5dimes

And I found this interesting:
http://sport.independent.co.uk/golf/story.jsp?story=391099

GL

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
adding outright to place Oly
Chad Campbell 30/1
3top 10's and two 2nds in 6events.Have to look with these odds despite no appearance here before.

72 holes
@365 ties lose
Faxon -110 over Monty
Price -120 over Leonard
Gossen -120 over Howell
Harrington -120 over Estes
@SIA ties lose
C Campbell -111 over Scott
@Oly
Weir -105 over Love

Props @ $plays
Woods -115 to finish in top under 2 1/2
Furyk-110 to finish under 19 1/2

No miss cuts props as WSEX has got em bout where they belong now with Duval at -160 to miss and Garcia has been lined 4 weeks now and has went from +380/+340/+270 to +130 this week so wind is out of those sails also.

lostinamerica

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2001
MATCHUPS (Tournament):

Howell(+100 - Tie loses) over Goosen for 1* @ Bet365
Lonard(-120 - Tie pushes) over Campbell @ Bet365

3 BALLS (Friday) for 1* @ Bet365:

Sluman(+120) over Sutherland/Kuchar
Love(+138) over Singh/Perks
Lonard(+138) over Campbell/Peoples

GL

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kjls04202

Forum Member
Jun 19, 2002
London
www.keithjackson.co.uk
Just adding:
Thought that Lehman could go well but he just does not know how to win now. Billy Mayfair could surprise a few but I am making Craig Parry my second bet in the Top Australian/Asian market with Stan James. His record here is solid if unspectacular but he does keep making cuts. Thought he played well unnoticed last week figuring high on the Driving accuracy and G.I.R stats. His putter was the let down. At 16/1 each way I have got to give it a go.

Ice Picks

Forum Member
Dec 26, 2000
Richmond, VA
Added...

Added...

Thursday 3 Balls:

2. CALC +180 over Garcia and Elkington

3. SMITH +250 over Kelly and Estes...why not???

4. RILEY +150 over Allenby and Daly

Match Plays:

5. LOVE +380 over Woods - taking a flyer on Love...Woods look more than a little ill in the last round at Bay Hill LW...Love played 3 solid rounds...and seems to be finding form...will watch him closely at the Masters...

6. Perry -110 over Mediate - Rocco has been fighting some back problems all year...Perry the more steady of the two

7. Petrovic -105 vs. Pampling

8. TOMS -125 over Allenby

Good luck to all...IP

:cool:

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ice Picks

Forum Member
Dec 26, 2000
Richmond, VA
Interesting...

Interesting...

...to see that Craig Perks, the defending champ, is not found on any of the 2 ball matches this week - at least at the books I have...and his odds to win are +24000...:shrug:

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
5dimes props that Sport Student alludes to does present some interesting scenerios,while not worthwhile for recreation betters as myself these wagers might some merit for highrollers.

What if one took Verplack @ 5dimes @ +120 and also took Appleby in 3ball @ 365 @ +162.Norman would have beat both to create loss.--another Is Goosen @ +125 @ 5dimes and Faxon @ +150 @ 365,what are odds of Sauers beating both?

Will sit out today with tee fiasco's and wait for weekend.

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
oly cont 72 holes
Sluman +130 over Herron currently 1 down
(Herron 3 holes left 2nd rd)
Verplank +110 over Faxon currently 1 down
Verplank 1 hole left(par5)

3rd rd
Love +100 over Harrington @ $plays
Harrington -118 over Scott @ 5dimes

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Mid-point update:

Furyk/Faxon Leads by 1
Verplank/Montgomerie WON by 2
Price/Choi WON by 5
Tway/Franco Leads by 1
Leaney/McCarron LOST by 2

Singh mc
Furyk 18th
Price mc
Love 1st (U.S. w/o Woods)
Ames 8th (R.O.W.)
Clarke 2nd (European)

Encouraging situation at the cut, particularly with the category outrights and Furyk is still in the hunt for the title. Embarrassing loss with Leaney though. McCarron finished 4th last, but Leaney was even more impressive and finished 2nd last!

Nice addition that you can now customize the PGATour.com leaderboard :) Still prefer the Europeantour.com java leaderboard though.

lostinamerica

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2001
NOTES and IMPRESSIONS and WAGERS:

Keeping one eye on the clock as I need to make some final choices . . . Thanks for the acknowledgement on Tway's near miss, Stan. I remember there was a tournament last year in which the final round was called and you had a rich outright selection poised to deliver. This way, we can almost appreciate the rub of the green the way our favorite mercenaries have to. Actually, I'm much more upset about the prospects of the mistake I made in including Kelly instead of Love in the parlay I posted on Thursday morning . . . I'm seeing a leaderboard that is solidly shading to good men that are light in their resume, with some blasts from the past making some noise. That makes for the best in championship golf, IMO. Sweet if it continues . . . Mark Rolfing reports that Davis Love always had winning the Masters as his goal at the start of every season, but this year his goal is to work a little harder, and be ready every week to make and seize an opportunity. And he's putting and scoring really well to boot. Come what come may, in terms of a scoring fest or grinding weather or a gaining Tiger or all of it, he is earning my backing . . . I haven't seen Harrington with his best stuff this week, and he is yet to deliver on these occasions when he has had his best stuff . . . I expect Freddy to play very well over the weekend, but I see putting and grinding and winning as all being substantial obstacles in his path . . .Funk can hole putts and put his ball in the right place . . . Perks is going well but is still finding places far off the beaten path . . . Ogilvy intrigued me with his talk about being known as a range rat, always thinking he was about to nail it down before the shocks on the course would reacquaint him with reality, and now he is focusing more on playing golf, and it really seems to work . . .I wish I could see some official pairings, but that is not to be. Today looks tailor made for someone to go on a birdie binge and pass people like they are standing still. (I already hesitated and missed out on 40/1 on Campbell from an hour ago.) I hope somebody finds that longshot . . .

Love(+550 and 1/4 for Top 4) for 2.0* e.w. @ Bet365

3 Balls are going up at Bet 365, so I'll parlay these and take more time to study for a more conventional play:
PARLAY Funk(-123) over Tway (3rd Round) WITH Ogilvy(-117) over Perks (3rd round) WITH Couples(-125) over Maruyama (3rd round) for 1* @ 5.12/1 @ 5dimes

GL

Last edited: