Tampa/Bruins o 5.5

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Drew Gordon

1. 200,000♦ Florida
2. 50,000♦ Utah

1. Florida- This is a bad match up for Alabama for a multitude of reasons, but none bigger than their struggles on the road this season, going winless on the SEC trail! One of the first things I look at during tournament play is how a team fared on the road, because usually poor road play translates into poor neutral court play. Granted, the Tide are 2-0 SUATS in neutral court games this season, but if you believe their wins against Missouri State and Iowa State (on neutral courts) count for something, then you don't know basketball.
Fact of the matter is this Alabama team struggled time and again on the road, averaging 69 ppg on 43% shooting, while allowing 75 ppg on 46% shooting away this season. A big part of their road woes was do to the loss of PG Ronald Steele, forcing the Tide to play without their senior floor leader, leaving them vulnerable in high-pressure situations. More of the same tonight, as Brandon Hollinger has been decent as his replacement, but he's nowhere near the playmaker.
Biggest issue for the Tide is match ups, as the Gators have the frontcourt personnel necessary to combat star F Richard Hendrix, who's the heart and soul of this Alabama offense. As good as Hendrix is, Florida F Marreese Speights is just as good if not better. True, Hendrix dominated their only match up this season, despite the fact the Gators won and covered in Alabama. However, I'd be willing to bet that Speights has been praying for another crack at Hendrix, and tonight, he'll get his chance. Don't sleep on F Dan Werner either, as he's been rock-solid alongside Speights this season.
Where the Gators really start to have an edge is in the backcourt, as Calathes, Hodge and Lucas would all start and post better numbers than any Tide guard on the Alabama roster. Not only has Calathes been named SEC Co-Freshmen of the Year, but both Hodge and Lucas proved in their last meeting with Alabama that the Tide guards cannot cover them, combining for 36 points on 11 for 17 shooting (6 for 8 from beyond the arc)! If they can get it done in Alabama, there's little reason to believe they can't get it done in Atlanta.
Finally, examing the number on this contest, I strongly believe the Gators come into this game undervalued. Yes, they lost their last 3 games SUATS, but look at the competition before you write them off - against a solid Mississippi State team, Tennessee (speaks for itself), and at Kentucky - all tough contests, that would've hand losses to most teams in the country. Look guys, its clear that Florida needs to make some real noise in the SEC tourney to go Dancing, and thanks to their recent losses, they not only must win, but we're also getting a reasonable price on this contest. Florida rolls!
Take Florida comfortably over Alabama as your top-rated play of the day.

2. Utah- Look guys, I've ridden this New Mexico team to some nice paydays over the last month or so, where the Lobos have gone 8-1 ATS over their last 9 games. However, since I'm obviously siding with Utah, there must be something about the Utes that has me changing course. That "something" is the two fold:
First, I believe the number on this contest screams: "Please Mr. Uninformed Bettor take New Mexico!" Guys, the fact of the matter is Utah has played the Lobos razor close in 4 straight meetings, including 3 of those 4 going into overtime! Their most recent meeting was a 72-71 New Mexico win in Salt Lake City, setting the stage for a double-revenge effort tonight in Las Vegas.
Second, unless you watched the Utes this season, their 16-13 record can be extremely deceiving. They may have lost 13 games, but they sure as hell didn't play like it... 6 of their 7 losses came in the final 2 minutes, while another 2 losses came in OT, including the one to New Mexico back on January 22nd. In other words, this Utes team is better than 16-13, and their only chance to prove it will be tonight against the Lobos.
Finally, the one trend that stands out above all the rest is the fact the underdog is 10-4-1 ATS over their last 15 meetings... What does that tell you? Exactly what I've been saying all along, these games are razor close, with the underdog having every chance of covering late! You can expect more of the same tonight, as New Mexico wasn't nearly as good away from the Pit this season, and will be facing a highly-motivated Utah team hell-bent on revenge and earning some respect.

Take Utah plus the points over New Mexico in this MWC Quarterfinals showdown.
Early Games...

1. 50,000♦ Louisiana State
2. 50,000♦ Miami-Florida

1. Louisiana State- Despite struggling for a good chunk of the season, its clear this Louisiana State team is rolling right now, 4-1 SU & 5-0 ATS over their last 5 games! Their struggles weren't due to a lack of talent, but more so a conservative system run by ex-coach John Brady. With interim coach Butch Pierre letting his boys run-and-gun, the Tigers have finally found a system that fits their young, but very talented personnel, averaging 80 ppg on 47% shooting over their last 5!
Herein lies the problem for South Carolina, as the Tigers have progressed, the Gamecocks have regressed, losing 4 of their last 5 SUATS, including a 62-55 loss at home to LSU back on February 27th. Gamecocks will never be confused with an offensive juggernaut, but lately its gotten real bad, scoring just 59 ppg on 37% shooting over their last 5 games... Just how in the hell do you expect them to keep pace with this Tigers offense when they can't break 60?!
We learned a lot from their last meeting, but most importantly, was the fact the Gamecocks had no answer for bigmen Randolph (20 points 10 boards) or Johnson (13 points, 10 boards, 6 blocks). Nothing has changed in 2+ weeks since that meeting, and there's little reason to expect anything but solid games from the LSU frontcourt, which is a big problem for South Carolina because that's not even their # 1 weapon. Their # 1 weapon is Marcus Thornton, who's averaging 34 ppg over his last 3 games, and with his frontcourt surging in this match up, he'll be free dominate the perimeter (38 points 6-12 from 3-point against a rock-solid Mississippi State defense in his last one).
Bottom line, South Carolina is in no condition to battle a surging Louisiana State team in this opening round SEC match up. Tigers just beat the Gamecocks on their own court a couple weeks ago, and now on a neutral court, the disparity between these two teams really stands out. Gamecocks have no answer for the Tigers frontline, and good luck stopping a red-hot Thornton on the perimeter as well! Long story short, Tigers roll in this match up!
Take Louisiana State over South Carolina in this SEC Tourney First Round match up.

2. Miami-Florida- Hurricanes are playing great basketball of late, but are coming off a tough loss to rival Florida State, which immediately puts their NCAA Tourney status in jeopardy... Exactly the kind of motivation you want to take advantage of coming into the conference tournament. In other words, most analysts agree that Miami will have to make some noise in the ACC tourney or risk falling out of favor with the Selection Committee, and coming out flat this afternoon is NOT an option.
Enter N.C. State, a team struggling mightily, losers of 8 in a row SU & 7 of those 8 ATS. They blew their wad trying to beat Duke, resulting in a nice cover, but don't be fooled, as other than that the Wolfpack has been more of a "Terrier-pack" over the last month or so! Biggest reason for the fall is defense or lack thereof, allowing a mind-boggling 79 ppg on 45% shooting over their last 5 games!
As if the 'Canes needed more motivation, let's not forget there's some payback in order this afternoon for the Wolfpack, who beat Miami 79-77 in Raleigh back on January 19th, before N.C. State collpased. The Wolfpack are different team this time around, as the losses have mounted, their confidence and effort has dropped off considerbaly. Miami on the other hand, cannot afford anything but a "max-effort" in this one.
Finally, looking over their last meeting, its clear this Hurricanes team has progressed since then. In that game, Miami dominated the boards (42-28 rebounding margin), but got little from Dwayne Collins or Brian Asbury... Two of their best frontline players. Collins was key in Miami's win over Duke and Asbury gives the 'Canes an excellent 3-point threat (40% from 3-point). We know Jack McClinton will lead the show, but its Miami's deep frontcourt that makes the difference in this one.
Bottom line, with an NCAA tourney bid and revenge in play this afternoon, look for a highly-motivated Hurricanes squad to put this Wolfpack team out of its misery in this one. Miami is playing better on both ends of the court, not to mention their strong edge in the paint (on the boards) thanks to their frontline depth. In the end, Miami advances, winning and covering against a sputtering N.C. State team.
Take Miami-Florida comfortably over N.C. State in this ACC Opening Round match up.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
INDIAN COWBOY'S PLAY OF THE DAY: 100% confirmed
OKLAHOMA STATE vs TEXAS TECH

Play: Oklahoma State -4 (POD)
Comments: INDIAN COWBOY'S PLAY OF THE DAY: Oklahoma State -4 (POD) ^^^^ Understand that I have not done the research on the full card yet, but this is a game that I had siphoned off yesterday. Long story short here, Oklahoma State is a team that I took against Texas on the road to cover the +11.5 on the Longhorns senior day. This team is no joke and their coach has them playing very well as this team remember defeated Kansas at home, nearly beat Texas on the road, defeated Missouri and A&M on the road, two teams in the top 40 and plays this game in Kansas where Texas Tech does not do very well on the road. How bad is not well? Well considering that Texas Tech lost by 20+ to this team the first time they played away from home, they did get revenge at home but they play well at home even defeating Texas - but of course, falling to Baylor later. TT is a top 90 team and Oklahoma State is a top 50 team that is actually looking for revenge here and they closed out the season very strong. I like State here with the revenge, playing very good basketball and TT remember in their last series of 5 road ballgames lost by 58 to Kansas, 54 to Texas A&M, 11 to Nebraska and 6 to Baylor. Okie State should win by 10-12 according to my numbers today.

INDIAN COWBOY: ILLINOIS vs PENN STATE

Play: Penn State +8
Comments: INDIAN COWBOY SELECTION: Penn State +8 ^^^ Well, what do you expect me to do with a team that has beat an Illinois team outright twice this season including 52-51 at home and on the road 68-64. Thus, even with similar records for the most part, why is Indiana getting so much respect here as you still have to explain why a line is a certain way before you blindly jump into it. My reasoning is that Illinois is getting respect for their program and their traditional run that they have had for so long, yet Penn State is a decent team, and yes, they looked terrible at Wisconsin, and they are 60 power rankings away from Illinois - but, they play a half-court game as does Illinois - just take a look at the total for this game set at 118. Getting 8 points on a total of 118 on a team that can win outright as they have done the previous 2 times is enough reason for me. Am I still a little queezy about the line, sure. But, Illinois is questionable away from home as well and Penn State does come off nice win over Indiana at home. I could regret this pick later, but I like Penn State to potentially win this game outright and the 8 points is just too much to pass up imo

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Dr. B

Forum Member
May 2, 2005
I'm looking for Kieth Martin , Gameday , and Jefferson , TIA!!!!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

rino

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2006
Big Al

Championship--Idaho
Blue Chip--Memphis
Linemover--Boise St
10 dimes--Vandy
Offshore steam--UCLA
Computer Boys--Georgetown

rino

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2006
Wayne Root
Chairman--BYU
Millionare--UConn
Money maker--Florida
No Limit--T Tech
Inner circle-Miami Fla
Billionare--Vandy
Perfect play--UNLV

rino

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2006
1st update from Brando, 2-5 yesterday but still 21-14 last 7 days

Dominic Brando Sports 2007-08 NBA/NCAA Basketball (120-96-7 for +655.00 Units):
NBA 13-14-0 for -415.00 Units (Special 150 Units 0-1, Top 100 Units 13-13, Regular 50 Units 0-0)
NCAA 107-82-7 for +1,070.00 Units (Special 150 Units 1-0, Top 100 Units 106-82-7, Regular 50 Units 0-0)

Thursday NBA/NCAA Basketball Executive Report (March 13th, 2008):
NCAA Top 100 Unit Golden Star Lock: #854 LSU TIGERS -1/-125 over South Carolina Gamecocks
NCAA Top 100 Unit Golden Star Lock: #859 GEORGIA BULLDOGS +5/-115 over Mississippi Rebels

Next Report Thursday Anytime Before 2:30 PM Eastern! All 2007-08 NBA/NCAA Basketball Results are Being Independently Monitored by BOTH the Oklahoma Sports Monitor (The Sports Monitor, Oklahoma) and Bettors World's FreeSportsMonitor.com

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

taipans

Forum Member
Jun 15, 2000
NY
spritzer--
direct line.......................tex tech
direct line............................nova
ko.............................lsu
ko.......................mia-fla
mountain west bailout gom.............utah
tko shocker gow........................penn st
tko mismatch.............................g tech
5 star.........................uconn

tko.........................kings

cokin--
fat man plays..............hawaii,oregon

big shot.....................s.carolina
window...........................missouri
under the hat......................mia-fla
3 star............................marquette
3 star.............................florida

total.......................suns over
under the hat.................kings

feist--
steam......................olka st
steam........................virginia
steam.................oregon
steam................tulsa
personal best.....................lsu
inner circle................nova
5 star pac 10 blowout.................ariz st
4 star.........................new mex

total......................suns under
inner circle......................cavs
5 star........................suns

they may release more later

toopieaire

Forum Member
Feb 28, 2008
ROOT

Chairman--BYU
Millionare--UConn
Money maker--Florida
No Limit--T Tech
Inner circle-Miami Fla
Billionare--Vandy
Perfect play--UNLV

taipans

Forum Member
Jun 15, 2000
NY
veno updated--
3/13/08 CBB Connecticut Over 139.5 -110 (810)

3/13/08 CBB 20* Blue Chip: Florida -3 (858)

ANALYSIS: Check Back at 8:30am PST for any additional CBB releases.

3/13/08 CBB Mississippi -4.5 (860)

3/13/08 CBB UAB -3.5 (862)

3/13/08 CBB Louisville -4.5 (812)

3/13/08 CBB Blue Chip: Notre Dame Over 146.5 -110 (814)

3/13/08 CBB UCLA -12.5 (888)

3/13/08 NBA Blue Chip: Phoenix Under 236 -110 (806)

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg