Thursday Service Plays 9/4/08

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

kozski61

Go Leafs Go
Forum Member
Jan 15, 2006
Cleveland
Larry Ness' Las Vegas Insider (1st of NFL '08 / won 1st CFB Insider 52-7!)-Thursday
My Las Vegas Insider is on the NY Giants at 7:00 ET. Las Vegas Insider on the NY Giants.

Good Luck...Larry

Larry Ness' 20* Non-Conference GOY (1st GOY play TY / 7-1 start to CFB '08)-Sat
My 20* play is on Penn State at 3:30 ET. Non-Conference GOY 20* Penn State.

Good Luck...Larry

Larry Ness' SEC Game of the Month (7-1 start to CFB '08 / 3-0 with GOM plays)-Thursday
My SEC Game of the Month is on South Carolina at 8:30 ET. Game of the Month 15* South Carolina.

Good Luck...Larry

Sports Pro Unlimited

3 units NYG -4.5
3 units NYG/WASH u41
2 units SC/VAN o41.5
5 units MIN TWINS POD
5 units SD (Daily Dog)

Fat Jack Sports

on a radio show just said Wash outright tonight over Giants also

will have $$ on cleveland this sunday with 93% of vegas $$ on dallas

Jim Feist

5* Redskins

Platinum Vanderbilt

Dave Cokin

3* NY Giants

Hat Vanderbilt

LT Profits

2 Units NY Giants -4?
2 Units Under 41?

Beat Your Bookie

100- milw
50- laa

NFL 100-wash

NCAA 100- s.c.

Scott Spreitzer

Redskins / Giants Under 41?

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Matt Foust

Washington Redskins @ New York Giants u41.0 (-110)
Thu Sep 4 '08 7:00p

The NFL season ramps up tonight with a NFC East division battle between the Giants and Redskins. New York will play host as they celebrate last season?s Super Bowl Championship. It should be an exciting game, but we are going to go with a play on the under 41.

The Washington Redskins have a number of offensive weapons and one of those is quarterback Jason Campbell. However, Campbell, along with his offensive teammates, will be working Jim Zorn?s offense for the first time in a game that counts. They will be doing so in front of a fired up capacity crowd. It will not be an easy task for them to move up and down the field, and they will need to establish the running game if they are to do so. If they get the ground game rolling, they will eat more clock, if they do not, Campbell and the offense will be in for a long night. They Giants secondary can be exploited, but if Campbell is under pressure, that possibility remains remote. Despite the loss of Strahan and Umenyiora, the Giants defensive line is still solid, and Justin Tuck is a game changing force.

The Giants, like the Redskins, will be working against a solid run defense, but I look for them to go right after Washington?s defensive line. Coughlin wants to control the clock and get Eli Manning in a comfort zone; the best way to do that is to pound the ball on the ground. The Giants will be looking to win the same way they did in the post-season: shut down the other team?s passing game with pressure on the quarterback, control the clock by pounding the ball on the ground, and take advantage of big play opportunities when they present themselves. This is also a good formula for going under the total.

Things to consider: The under was 4-2 last season when the Giants played a division opponent, the under is 5-9-1 in the Giants last 15 games as a home favorite versus an NFC East foe, the under is 4-10-1 in the Giants last 15 as a home favorite against any team, the under is 3-10-2 in Washington?s last 15 games as a road dog versus an NFC East team, and the under is 7-0-1 in the last eight games between these two teams at New York (average game score 25.6).

Pick: Take the UNDER 41 -110

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Vinnie Iyer

Sporting News

Washington Redskins at New York Giants. I still cannot believe what I just saw in February in Arizona. Eli Manning to David Tyree. Manning to Plaxico Burress. Giants win Super Bowl 42, shocking the spotless Patriots.

Along with Manning playing like an MVP, the Giants did it with a relentless pass rush, a strong running game and all-around clutch execution. Along with the rings comes a swagger -- something they need right away in a tough NFC East matchup.

The Redskins also joined the Giants as a wild card in the NFC playoffs but fell quickly to the Seahawks. That loss marked the last game for both Joe Gibbs and Gregg Williams, setting up Jim Zorn to take over. While the Giants are dealing with key personnel losses ? Michael Strahan's retirement, Osi Umenyiora's injury ? the Redskins are going through a bigger overhaul, especially with Zorn coaching them up in his passing game.

The Giants will remain aggressive in flying after Jason Campbell, who hasn't completely grasped Zorn's scheme. They also will stay contained enough to control Clinton Portis. Offensively, look for some good balance from the Giants, with their bevy of backs helping Manning turn in another efficient, winning performance.

Giants 24 Redskins 13

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Jay Novacek

Redskins at Giants

One thing I do know is that it?s very difficult to win a Super Bowl, then and come back and win it again. We were fortunate to do that once in Dallas, but we had to come back from an 0-2 start. I doubt the Giants will have changed very much from what they did last year because it obviously worked.

What they?ll need to do more than anything else is make sure Eli Manning continues to minimize his mistakes and that they still pressure opposing quarterbacks, which will be tougher without Michael Strahan and Osi Umenyura.

The Redskins are a wild card, though. They have a new coach, which makes it tough for New York to know what?s coming. And they weren?t a bad team last year. The running game should be able to take some pressure off Jason Campbell at quarterback and I expect the defense to get a boost from Jason Taylor.

Pick: Redskins

Tom Weir

WASHINGTON REDSKINS (+4) at N.Y. GIANTS

Washington won at New York last December, but weather was a big factor and the Giants did a lot of growing up after that. The Giants are more seasoned, although they'll miss Michael Strahan more in 2008 than they did Jeremy Shockey in 2007.
Giants 23, Redskins 17

Reid Cherner

WASHINGTON REDSKINS (+4) at N.Y. GIANTS

This is how much faith I have in the preseason. There was no team who looked worse in the final exhibition games than Washington and I?m still picking them to beat the defending champions. The Giants have lost five of the past seven openers and I am always suspect of how fast the Super Bowl winners can leave the gate.

Redskins 21, Giants 17

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Handicapper World

Redskins @ Giants
Line: 4

Pick: Redskins +4

CFB

S. Carolina @ Vanderbilt
Line: 10

Pick: Vanderbilt +10

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Gina

Thursday, September 4, 7:00 p.m. est.

Washington Redskins (0-0) at New York Giants (0-0)

Expect the Giants and their talented offense with quarterback Eli Manning to grab a close win in the season opener. Take the home team!

New York Giants -4

Thursday, September 4, 2008 7:10 p.m. est.
New York Yankees (75-64) at Tampa Bay Rays (84-53)
(R) Darrell Rasner (5-9, 5.08) VS. (L) Scott Kazmir (10-6, 3.13)

New York and has won the last four games versus Tampa Bay and nine of the last 12 and will try to take a three-game sweep against the Rays tonight at Tropicana Field. However, New York's Darrell Rasner has performed badly, just 2-6 with a 5.53 ERA on the road this season and the Yankees have lost seven of the right-hander's last 9 starts on the road. On the other hand, Tampa Bay?s Scott Kazmir is 2-0 with a 2.60 ERA in his last three starts, 6-1 with a 2.30 ERA in 11 appearances at home. Go with the Rays to avoid the sweep. The Rays have won 10 of Kazmir's last 11 home starts, 20-8 in his last 28 at home.

Tampa Bay Rays -170

Mr A

hursday, September 4th, 2008 8:05 PM EST.
San Diego Padres (53-86) at Milwaukee Brewers (80-59)
(L) Shawn Estes (1-1) vs. (R) Jeff Suppan (10-7)

Milwaukee Brewers have won nine of their last 13 home games and are 41-27 at home this season. Contrary, San Diego Padres have lost their last 5 road games and are just 21-47 on the road this season. The Padres have dropped six of the last 9 meetings versus the Brewers in Milwaukee.

San Diego's Shawn Estes (1-1, 3.33) is 0-1 with a 3.63 ERA in his last three starts. The lefthander is 5-6 with a 6.01 ERA in 14 career starts against Milwaukee.

Milwaukee's Jeff Suppan (10-7, 4.49 ERA) is 2-0 with a 4.05 ERA in his last three starts. The right-hander is 5-3 with a 5.66 ERA in 10 career starts against San Diego.

Take the Milwaukee Brewers at Miller Park. The Padres have played awful on the road and will be facing right-hander Jeff Suppan, who has won five straight decisions. The Brewers have won five of Suppan's last 6 starts, 10-4 in his last 14 at home.

Milwaukee Brewers -240

Thursday, September 4, 2008
7:00 p.m. est. Washington at NY Giants

New York Giants -4?

New York has won three of the last four meetings versus Washington. Take the defending Super Bowl Champions at home. New York is the superior team with more talent then the Redskins.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Tommy Rider

Thursday Night "Lights Out" Play
Tommy Rider has been on fire since joining Pregame. Tommy went 11-5 in NFL preseason and has started the CFB year off 4-2 +4.8 units. Tonight Tommy has a "Lights Out" play where one team will dominate and turn out the lights on their opponent. Tommy is 1-0 in "Lights Out" plays this year, with San Fran beating the Bears outright as a 3-point dog. Join Tommy tonight as he turns out the lights on the books with another easy winner!
Price: $12.00

South Carolina -10

Single Dime

South Carolina -10 Over Vandy @ 830 Et

Analysis : I Really Like The Gamecocks In This Game. My S.e.c. Guy Told Me Before The Season Started The South Carolina's Defense Was Going To Be Nasty This Year And He Was Right On The Money. The Cocks Have Four Future High Nfl Draft Picks On A Defense That Shoutout Nc State In The Opener, Despite Constantly Turning The Ball Over In The First Half. I Called My Friend That Covers The S.e.c. This Week And He Said Most Players On The Team Felt Chris Smelley Should Have Been The Starter All Along But Steve Spurrier Went With Beecher In The Opener Because He Doesn't Believe Smelley Has Much Upside. Well , When Smelley Got His Chance Last Week He Played Well And The Team Is Behind Him 100 Percent Moving Forward. One Thing To Note About Spurrier: He Hates Losing To Teams With Less Talent Than His Own. Last Year S.c. Was Upset By Vandy At Home And You Can Bet Spurrier Hasn't Let His Team Forget About That. Vandy Looked Good In Its First Game Against Miami, Oh But The Redhawks Don't Have Close To The Defensive Speed That The Gamecocks Posses. Vandy Qb Chris Nickson Won't Be Able To Run Against This Fast Defense, Forcing Him To Throw , And That's Not Nickson's Strength. I Look For A Strong Performance By The Gamecocks Defense To Go Along With A Much Improved Effort From Their Offense. Spurrier And The Cocks Win This One Going Away.

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Comps

Matt Fargo

Minnesota Twins @ Toronto Blue Jays Sep 4, 2008 7:07PM
SPORT: Major League Baseball Picks
PICK: Toronto Blue Jays -111

REASON FOR PICK: Toronto picked up yet another big come from behind victory last night over Minnesota giving it four straight wins and keeping slim hopes alive. The Blue Jays are now 39-29 at home and after getting shutdown for a three-game stretch, the offense has come alive with 6.3 rpg over the last four games. The pitching remains the constant as Toronto has a 3.61 ERA on the season including 3.22 at home, 1st and 3rd respectively in baseball. The 1.25 WHIP is also best in the bigs.

Minnesota is now a game back of the White Sox in the American League Central as it has been on a rough stretch as this roadtrip may finally be catching up. After winning the first two road games in Anaheim, the Twins are 3-8 over their last 11 to drop to 31-39 away from home on the season. Pitching has been the problem on the road as Minnesota has a 5.01 ERA which is 6th worst in all of baseball. The Twins have now lost all five meetings with Toronto this year and eight straight dating back to last season.

Kevin Slowey is pitching some fantastic baseball right now and that is the main reason for this favorable line. However more should go into it than that and that is why this price is so good. Slowey has allowed two runs or fewer is five straight starts and his K:BB ratio has been silly at 42:3 over his last seven starts. Despite his last two outings on this trip, he has had trouble on the road with a 4.13 ERA and 1.22 WHIP and I don?t see him making it three straight quality performances on the road.

While Slowey has been excellent, Jesse Litsch has been pitching nearly as good. After a stint down in the Minors to fix some things, he is back to his early season form that saw him post a 3.18 ERA through his first 11 starts of the season. Since being promoted, he has tossed three straight quality starts, while putting up a 1.37 ERA and 1.12 WHIP. He has been solid at home, going 5-2 with a 3.18 ERA in 10 starts, six of which were quality. He is 2-0 with a 3.18 ERA in three career starts against Minnesota. Play Toronto Blue Jays 1.5 Units

Lee Kostroski

PICK: Toronto Blue Jays
Offered at: 104 5Dimes
REASON FOR PICK: Toronto (Litsch) over Minnesota (Slowey) 7:05 PM

The Blue Jays have had the Twins number with back-to-back late inning victories and confidence in the Minnesota bullpen is at an all-time low with even Joe Nathan struggling in the past two weeks. The Jays are 5-0 against the Twins this season and Minnesota is 1-7 in Toronto the past three seasons. This will be the 14th straight road game for Minnesota and it has clearly had an impact as Minnesota is just 3-8 in the last eleven games.

Kevin Slowey has been pitching extremely well but the Blue Jays defeated him earlier in the year and also hit him hard in a start last season. Toronto has won four straight games and in the last ten games the offense has come alive, scoring an average of five runs per game. Toronto is hitting .287 in that span and the Jays also maintain a strong home record at 39-29.

Jesse Litsch has allowed just three runs over his past three starts, spanning nearly 20 innings. At home this season Litsch is 5-2 with a 3.18 ERA and he has beaten the Twins the last two times he faced them. As evident in the first two games of this series the Blue Jay have a significant advantage in the bullpen as Toronto has the MLB?s best bullpen ERA at 2.82. Minnesota relievers have really struggled in road games and it will be tough for Minnesota to fend off the sweep.

Bryan Leonard

PICK: under 8.5 5Dimes

REASON FOR PICK: Minnesota over Toronto
Kevin Slowey has been the best pitcher in baseball that nobody is talking about. Like the Twins pitching staff in general he throws strikes and doesn't allow free passes. The defense is always alert and performs better when they know a short inning is in the works. Slowey battled injuries early on but since he has regained his health he has been dominant. In his last five starts he has allowed seven earned runs in 31 innings of work. He has been so dominant that his strikeout to walk ratio is 42 to 3 in his last seven outings.
Jesse Litsch has been on a terrific run himself. In his last three starts he has yielded just three earned runs in 19.2 innings of work. He owns a 3.18 ERA on the season pitching at home as he has allowed a miniscule .297 opponent on base percentage in this building.
With both bullpens in pretty good shape right now along with the September call-ups on the roster we can see a very low scoring affair tonight in Toronto.
PLAY UNDER

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Sebastian

Steam Play
100 Minnesota

20 Pitt
20 Angels under
20 Yankees
20 Under kc/oak

BoomerOK95

Forum Member
Aug 30, 2008
Duke is the Man

Duke is the Man

Originally Posted by Pinto
Looking for Ben Burns NFL play for tonight. Thanks

I am trying to find Football jesus picks tonight, anybody have him ?:shrug:

first of all duke, hats off to you, for finding all these plays...i dont know how you do it

i was looking everywhere for alatex, that guy is hard to find..

taipans

Forum Member
Jun 15, 2000
NY
feist--
platinum.....................vandy

cokin--
under the hat......................vandy

spritzer--
5 star total..........................wash/nyg under

boomer, you have that o/u season win report?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg