Knew there was I way he was getting dq'd

He could kill someone and still play, got o support the corporation

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Mr. Poon

Sugar?
Forum Member
Jan 14, 2006
Colorado
He was never 8-1 anywhere....best I found on 5d...pinny...and others was 5-1....unless I missed it..not saying u lying just I never saw it

No I was referring to him being about +400 at the start of the tourney. What I was saying is the 6-1 is +200 more and I would expect it to be much more given he is 5 shots back and has 36 to play. Now he is definitely capable, I just thought the 6-1 odds should be more.

william13

Forum Member
Feb 9, 2005
hoosier
Hold on. They reviewed it and then said he was ok before he signed his scorecard.

The committee reviewed the drop while Tiger was still on the course based on a tip received from a TV viewer. They determined no infraction at that time. They did not intervene and discuss with Tiger prior to him signing is card. After Tiger's interview with ESPN, they determined this required further investigation and discussed with Tiger Sat AM.

Rule 33-7 is exactly what this is for, . . . trial by TV. While you can argue that ignorance of the rule is not covered there (which is true), the fact that the committee had information prior to the card being signed and did not approach the player for discussion is key. They are partially at fault for not getting the penalty assessed prior to signing.

Let the witch hunt begin. WTF do you have officials on the course for? Like I said not even the USGA or any other person can fully understand the rule book.

a guy that understands ... :toast:

neverteaseit

I'd pound it
Forum Member
Feb 13, 2001
Sunny Florida and Naptown
a guy that understands ... :toast:

I doubt I understand it all. If people are in an uproar over this then they need to be asking Arnold Palmer to give up one of his Masters wins. I doubt many even know what I am talking about.

Integrity of the game my ass. Tiger may be many things but I will side with him on this one. If he thought he intentionally broke a rule he would DQ himself. Only he knows this and I think the penalty is rather severe.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Mr. Poon

Sugar?
Forum Member
Jan 14, 2006
Colorado
there are guys on the course, why isn't the Golf channel covering those guys as opposed to all this over-coverage of Tiger, his mood, how reacts, etc. etc.

Mr. Poon

Sugar?
Forum Member
Jan 14, 2006
Colorado
The committee reviewed the drop while Tiger was still on the course based on a tip received from a TV viewer. They determined no infraction at that time. They did not intervene and discuss with Tiger prior to him signing is card. After Tiger's interview with ESPN, they determined this required further investigation and discussed with Tiger Sat AM.

Ok, just caught this and heard on the Golf Channel that there were two calls. So the Masters gets the first, reviews it himself while Tiger is still playing and just stays mum about it. It's only after the second call, which references the interview, that they actually act on it. Ummm, would have loved to have been a fly on the wall for that first discussion by Augusta officials. And then they get the second call and think, shoot others are noticing.

Don't blame Tiger at all, and calls for him to dq himself are bogus. Point the finger at the golf club who could have corrected this immediately before he signed his scorecard.

boilermaker

Bud Man
Forum Member
Feb 7, 2001
Marion ,Indiana
Would love to hear the lockeroom talk from the other Pros about the CHEETAW. Doesn't even have the balls to man up and DQ himself. What a piece of shit. How can anybody root for him? I just don't get it.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

BleedDodgerBlue

Admin
Forum Member
Feb 12, 2004
los angeles
there are guys on the course, why isn't the Golf channel covering those guys as opposed to all this over-coverage of Tiger, his mood, how reacts, etc. etc.

Because they don't have rights to show a live shot I think....plus nobody out there now has any shot

See what u are saying earlier...still think he is favorite not to implode which plenty of the guys ahead of him will while he most likely goes red red

Gl

shawn555

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 11, 2000
berlin md
Would love to hear the lockeroom talk from the other Pros about the CHEETAW. Doesn't even have the balls to man up and DQ himself. What a piece of shit. How can anybody root for him? I just don't get it.

:facepalm:

My guess is you disliked Tiger before this ever happened.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

boilermaker

Bud Man
Forum Member
Feb 7, 2001
Marion ,Indiana
:facepalm:

My guess is you disliked Tiger before this ever happened.

I like the rules of the game which he admitted to breaking and improving his lie. Then signs an incorrect scorecard. Total Bullshit.

And to answer your question no I have never cared for him because he is an asshole.

shawn555

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 11, 2000
berlin md
I like the rules of the game which he admitted to breaking and improving his lie. Then signs an incorrect scorecard. Total Bullshit.

And to answer your question no I have never cared for him because he is an asshole.

Fair enough.

At the end of the day its still golf and who really gives a shit. :shrug:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Mr. Poon

Sugar?
Forum Member
Jan 14, 2006
Colorado
Unless you can prove Tiger did it on purpose to skate the rules, I don't see how you can actually believe he would DQ himself.

If you want to be upset at anyone, be upset at the Augusta Officials who could have nipped this in the bud when it was first brought to their attention.

Reactions: shawn555

neverteaseit

I'd pound it
Forum Member
Feb 13, 2001
Sunny Florida and Naptown

If you know the rules, then read 33-7/4.5

The committee ruled on the infraction and ruled accordingly. Tiger also states he was not aware he violated any rule at the time. By him saying this the DQ part gets taken out of the equation. If he knowingly violated a rule intentionally he would have DQ'd himself.

The committee jacked this one up. Had they ruled accordingly on Friday then he would have corrected the score card and signed it. They told him of no such violation.

Reactions: shawn555