Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
72-hole plays:

Mark Calcavecchia to beat Notah Begay -110 @ Olympic
Don't expect to see either of these on the TV too much; but Calc should be able to gain a better mid-table finish than Begay whose form has not been particularly good for some time and has the worst putting stats and almost the worst greens in regulation stats of the field - he shouldn't play well this week

Chris Perry to beat Notah Begay -111 @ Ladbrokes [2 units]
Contrast Begay with Perry who has the 2nd best greens in regulation stats this week and is coming off a 13th place finish last week and was 4th in this event last year, though on a different but equally difficult course

Loren Roberts to beat Notah Begay -115 @ Intertops [2 units]
Excellent form for Roberts coming into this event, he will not win and the course is a little tough on the iron play for his game, but he will surely be on the fringes of a top-10 finish which I am counting on to be plenty enough to beat my go-against for the week

Stewart Cink to beat Chris DiMarco -120 @ Intertops
This line has rightly moved at most other books to create a nice scalp, but Cink is worthy of a unit at this price anyway. He was in great form at the Presidents Cup, as he was in the events running up to that event, and he has played this course more than any other player. A definite top-10 finish for Cink

Hal Sutton to beat Tom Lehman -111 @ Ladbrokes
Sutton won this event on this course in 1998; Lehman was 15th. He has missed a couple of cuts recently, but showed his renewed resolve at the Presidents Cup; Lehman hasn't even been playing enough to miss cuts and was not impressive in the Presidents Cup. I don't expect Lehman to figure at all this week

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
A little S$its and Grins two ball combo I favor @ Sportingbet.
Verplank over Huston + Leonard over Triplett
pays tad over +250 ties lose
frown.gif

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
1st rounders both -110 @5dimes

Verplank over Zinger
Roberts over Lehman

Ian: only play I have involving Langham is in 2balls @ Sportingbet and Weir is too short to pop.What kind of injury?Thought I had most links to golf but believe you have feed I do not have access too.If I may,which link or you using so I can add it to list.
Thanks

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
Ian Not a thing wrong with that.I will pay for any worthwhile info. If Stan ever starts subscription for stats at his site,I'll be the 1st to subscribe.My point of view is one should be compensated for time and effort.The time its saves me to get 75% of my data in a one stop comparable format is invaluable.

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
1st rounders split
Zinger defeats Verplank by 2 and Roberts despite double on last hole defeats Lehman by 2.

Both 72 plays trail by 2 but like chances.

A tie cost 2 ball combo which serves well as reminder while I have avoided ties lose situation for past 6 months.

Not many real surprises with exception of Allenby near top and Cink toward bottom. Believe Tiger has work cut out for him.With only 2 par fives birdies harder to come by.
Nice calls by Stan and Ian opposing Begay and Langham.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
1st round update: 1-0-1 and +2.00 units

Good day on the PGA & European Tour
cool.gif
Leonard and Triplett break par to tie for the first 18 holes, while opposing Begay looks to be a profitable play this week. Roberts beat Begay by six shots in the first round play. The 72-hole plays currently stand a nice 4-1-0 with Begay losing to Calc by four, to Perry by seven and to Roberts by six. Sutton leads Lehman by two and the only losing position is with the surprisingly poor Cink who trails DiMarco by two.

Back with 2nd round plays in the morning.

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
2nd rounders
72 hole cont.at Oly
Verplank over Zinger +140 2 down

Glutton for puinishment? Noted the firmness of the greens in yesterdays round I can't see Zinger keeping it close to hole with his low ball flight,however did well yesterday and hit only 35% of fairways?
confused.gif

2nd round matches
Leonard -115 over Price @ $plays
C Perry -105over Price @ 5Dimes
Verplank -115 over Price @ 5dimes
Triplett -120 over Calc @ 5dimes
Roberts -110 over Lehman 5 dimes

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
2nd rd results 1-4
Leonard/Price loss by 1
C Perry/Price Win by 3
Verplank/Price loss by 2
Tipp/Calc loss by 2
Roberts/Lehman loss by 2

72 holes
Cink/DiMarco 2 up
Verplank/Zinger 6 down

Terrible day by yours truely.Poor selections
without a doubt.

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
2nd round update: 4-0-0 and +5.00 units

Face-saving sweep as the PGA Tour plays cover today's losses on the European Tour All four were decisive winners: Calc by ten over Begay, Tiger by six over Els, Leonard by three over Flesch and Singh by three over Triplett. Also an improvement in the 72-hole plays to now stand 4-0-1: Begay is losing to Calc by fourteen, to Perry by eighteen and to Roberts by nine. In the other two, Cink has now overtaken DiMarco and leads him by two, while Sutton is now tied with Lehman.

The outright plays are also looking good: 14/1 shot Duval leads, while Tiger is 2nd; Parnevik recovered to be in the fringes of a place position, but two late dropped shots sent him back to mid-table - the fatigue from his surgery that hurt him yesterday seems to be a serious problem.

Hope to have some 3rd round plays posted later tonight - sure you'll bounce back with the usual vengeance tomorrow DTB
wink.gif

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
3rd rounders @ 5dimes
Perry over Price -110 (only winner yesterday)
Perry over Calc -120

Have been getting plucked putting all eggs in one basket but believe he has turned his putting around.Got rid of the ole cross handed anyway.
No plays on Verplank today.:embarrassment:
He misses just one fairway yesterday and has just 1 birdie
confused.gif

Way to pick my incompetant butt up yesterday Stan.Nice broomjob
cool.gif

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
3rd round 0-2
Perry loses to both Price and Calc
Both 72 holes all square.

Only smart move I made was to only make 2 selections today.Get off Verplank and he gains 6 back on Zinger also time I give Price a litle respect here it seems.

Ian

Forum Member
Sep 18, 2000
Exeter UK
www.sportsbettingindex.com
DTB
Just a quick comment but can I suggest you look back at your bets and check how well you do when you oppose or back the same golfer in different matchups on the same day
From a personal point of view I would never involve one golfer more than once in any one days play/tournament 72 match

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
3rd round update: 1-2-0 and -1.60 units

First losses of the week and deservedly so with Roberts who lost by five to Begay, but Love had five bogeys in the last eight holes to lose to Appleby by three, a pattern all too familiar with my European Tour plays these last two days. In the other play, Price beat Triplett by two. A deterioration in the 72-hole plays as well as Sutton looks a near certain loss, he trails Lehman by six. Elsewhere, Begay is still looking a good money-maker as he trails Calc by eleven, Perry by thirteen and Roberts by four, while Cink and DiMarco are tied.

Back with 4th round plays soon. As you can see from my picks Ian, I am of a different opinion. Just look at each matchup in isolation that's my approach.

Bet on MyBookie