Tubberville to Cincy

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

LonghornMM

Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
Deer Park, TX
Wow! I'm shocked! Talk about a step down. I can understand Tubbs leaving, but to go to Cincinnati? :shrug:

I'd love to see Kliff Kingsbury get the Tech job.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

layinwood

Forum Member
Aug 29, 2001
Dallas, TX
Briles is the man unless he says no. Big boosters have already said yes to putting up the money for his buyout. He's a Tech guy and wanted the job when Tubs got it. I would be suprised to not see him as the Tech coach. Bummer is the defensive staff will be following Tubs to Cinci.

Don't want Kliff, he's not ready.

layinwood

Forum Member
Aug 29, 2001
Dallas, TX
Tubbs was working from behind the 8ball the whole time he was at Tech. Too many people were upset with the Leach firing and Tubs felt the grunt of there anger. Add to it his record vs. OSU, Baylor and UT and the boosters had something they could pick at him about.

Just wasn't ever a match made in heaven.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

joefrog91

Rah, Rah, TCU!
Forum Member
Nov 13, 2002
Waco, TX
Dykes was 3 days away from his dream job. :lol: He didn't know this would happen. Must be sick about it.

Klingsbury is the right guy, but won't get the chance. Briles is already entrenched at Baylor now to leave.

Who's left that could bring another pass happy offense there?

layinwood

Forum Member
Aug 29, 2001
Dallas, TX
I think it will be Briles and would be suprised if it wasn't but if it's not then the next candidate is Chad Morris.(OC for Clemson) Would be a good match for several reasons but the biggest is that he's already been Michael Brewers coach. Brewer will be the starting QB for Tech next year. He's a guy that made two 4* QBs, that were a year older than him, transer out. I don't know anything about Morris other than the fact that he's been a fast riser thru the ranks.

Kingsbury will not be the guy unless several in front of him say no. IMO there would be a good chance he'll say no. Why walk from the QB he has and the chance to really make a big name for himself over the next 3 years. Unless Tech is where he considers home and wants to come back.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

#cruncher

Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
New Orleans
THe AD DID NOT HAVE TUBBS BACK - HE HAS FAMILY ON THE WIFES SIDE IN THE AREA

Do you mean the Tech AD didn't want Tubbs? Although I think Tubbs may be past his prime what concerned me most about him was that slapping incident on the sidelines that happened a game or two ago when he had his 'ready made' explanation right after the game. You have to wonder about something like that. And Cincinnati, they get away from something, hiring an up and coming coach, that has been successful for them the last two times they have hired a coach. I guess I'm just more for hiring a younger, up and coming assistant than going with an older 'name coach; not saying there's not exceptions. As long as the intelligence, maturity, is there, I'm just for the younger, probably more motivated, younger guy.

LonghornMM

Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
Deer Park, TX
Briles isn't going to leave Baylor for Tech. He just signed an extension, the program is doing very nicely, and they have an awesome new stadium about to be built.

WildBillPicks7

Move the line!
Forum Member
May 4, 2005
Birmingham, Alabama
Tubberville and his TV meltdown!! He's lucky he wasn't fired at TT. He could have gone back to Auburn of all places, LOL!! He's SUCKS!! Cincy will rue the day they took a flyer on this fiasco of a HC, he's done!! HAS BEEN!

:soapbox:

Betone

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2004
Monument, CO
Tubberville and his TV meltdown!! He's lucky he wasn't fired at TT. He could have gone back to Auburn of all places, LOL!! He's SUCKS!! Cincy will rue the day they took a flyer on this fiasco of a HC, he's done!! HAS BEEN!

He is 6-3 against top 5 teams :shrug:

coaching at cincy, I think they could handle that :lol:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

forthetide2

Forum Member
Aug 21, 2011
Alabama

Sucks? The guy is a winner! He had some personal issues going on his last couple of years at Auburn, plus trying unsuccessfully to get Pat Dye's hands out of the program led to his demise there. Cincy got a coach, Tech should've gave him the extension he wanted.

Also, I've heard from more than a few talking heads that know Tubs personally and they say he is healthy now and back at it 100% for the first time in 6-7 years. He had some bad problems, gotta take that into consideration. They were saying this before Cincy hired him btw.

WildBillPicks7

Move the line!
Forum Member
May 4, 2005
Birmingham, Alabama
He is 6-3 against top 5 teams :shrug:

coaching at cincy, I think they could handle that :lol:
6-3 against Top 5 teams? Which division? WVA? They aren't even in the top 25! I'm talking about at TT, not at Auburn not at Mississippi. What did he do at TT? Nothing!! What he did in the past isn't going to help him at Cincy, plain and simple. Jones btw is in over his head! This is not the Big East or MAC, this is the SEC!!

I wish them all the luck in the world, doesn't mean I have to like them! Gawd I'm sounding like Steve Logan!! LOL

Sorry!