Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Dr. Bob

NBA
Opinion
Orlando (+6 ?) over DETROIT
13-May-08 04:05 PM Pacific Time
Detroit won without Chauncey Billups in game 4 at Orlando, but the Pistons were in a great situation and that is not the case tonight. Orlando is 19-3 ATS with same season revenge and 25-7 ATS following a loss this season, including 17-3 ATS recently, so the Magic have proven that they can bounce-back. Billups has been upgraded to probable with his strained hamstring tonight, but my ratings only favor the Pistons by 6 ? points with Billups playing at 100%, so getting 6 ? points with him at less than 100% is decent line value. I?ll consider Orlando a Strong Opinion at +6 or more and I?ll lean with the Magic at +5 ? points, and I?ll take Orlando in a 2- Star Best Bet at +7 points or more.

Opinion
NEW ORLEANS (-4) over San Antonio
13-May-08 06:35 PM Pacific Time
The home team has won easily in all 4 games in this series and I expect the Hornets to bounce back with a home win tonight after losing two games in San Antonio. The Spurs are just 16-29 ATS on the road this season, including 1-3 in the post-season and 6-17 ATS against the top 12 teams in the NBA this season (the 8 Western Conference playoff teams plus Golden State, Boston, Detroit, and Orlando). New Orleans is now 20-5 ATS following their last 25 games in which they did not cover the spread, so I expect the Hornets to play much better at home tonight. The Spurs apply to a 14-2 ATS game 5 situation but the Hornets apply to a 40-21-1 ATS general playoff situation and my ratings favor the Hornets by 6 points. I?ll consider New Orleans a Strong Opinion at -4 or less and I?ll lean with the Hornets at -4 ? or -5 points (2-Star Best Bet at -3 or less) .

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
John Ryan

Guaranteed Pick

Game: Orlando Magic at Detroit Pistons May 13 2008 7:05PM
Prediction: Orlando Magic

Reason: Ai Simulator 10* graded play on Orlando ? AiS shows an 86% probability that Orlando will lose this game by 6 or fewer points and a 50% probability that they may win the game SU as well. Nelson made the guarantee and the Pistons pretty much ignored it. Well, based on the AiS summary data and projections they better pay attention and know that Orlando is coming to play well and that they do not feel they are completely out of this series. Let?s first look at the supporting cast of game dependent angles supporting this 10* Monster. Orlando is 11-3 ATS (+7.7 Units) after having lost 3 of their last 4 games this season; 15-3 ATS (+11.7 Units) revenging a straight up loss versus opponent as a favorite this season; 10-2 ATS (+7.8 Units) revenging a straight up loss versus opponent as a home favorite this season; 19-3 ATS (+15.7 Units) revenging a same season loss versus opponent this season; 25-8 ATS (+16.2 Units) after 1 or more consecutive losses this season; 18-9 ATS (+8.1 Units) after 4 straight games forcing opponent to commit 14 or less turnovers this season. Based on the grading I also like an optional 3* wager on the Money line. Supporting this ML play are two solid systems. The first one has produced a record of 66-57 and has made 39.3 units since 1996. Play on road teams versus the money line off an upset loss as a home favorite and is an extremely well rested team playing 5 or less games in 14 days. Here is a second system that has produced a mark of 27-16 and has made 9.8 units since 1996. Play on road teams versus the money line that is aan explosive offensive team scoring >=102 PPG and is now facing an average offensive team scoring 92-98 PPG and after a close loss by 3 points or less. Take Orlando.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
PPP

4% Orlando Magic
4% Hornets under
3% New Orleans Hornets

2% Oakland A's

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Winners Inc.

Guaranteed Selections
Date: Tuesday, May 13, 2008
$25.00 Guaranteed: Last year in BASEBALL we were 77-31 for PLUS 50.2 Units on the season and that my friends is playing just ONE UNIT PER GAME! So far this year we are 29-12 for PLUS 14.8 UNITS! Today we are featuring TOP RATED HOME RUN BASEBALL WINNER that you can get for just $25 and you will be charged only after you win! We are currently on a REMARKABLE 65-30 run with all of our selections! 5/13/2008

TOP RATED HOME RUN BASEBALL WINNER
Chicago Cubs w/Marquis -163 8:05 EST

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
The Hammer

MLB
PRIVATE INVESTORS CLUB BASEBALL PLAY OF THE DAY
$25.00 Guaranteed: The Hammer had an OUTSTANDING year in baseball last year as he was 81-38 for the season +$5210 playing just $100 per game! My DIME PLAYERS made over $50,000 last year with my baseball selections! Tonight we are featuring our PRIVATE INVESTORS CLUB BASEBALL PLAY OF THE DAY! You can get this GUARANTEED POD WINNER for just $25 and you will pay only after you win! POUND YOUR MAN!! 20-14 MLB RUN!!

Philadelphia Phillies Kendrick Listed

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Sebastian

100* Det/Orlando Over

100* Cubs -1.5 Runs
20* Phillies
20* Red Sox -1.5 Runs

20* Magic
20* Spurs/Hornets Under

100* Penguins

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Ben Burns

***BIG PLAY***

Eastern Conf. GOW *5-0 L5 NBA $35.00
Yesterday's double-digit winner ('under') brought Ben Burns to a PERFECT 5-0 his last five NBA plays and a SIZZLING 7-1-1 (or 8-1) his last nine. That includes an outright winner on the Pistons in Game 4. Game 5 tips off at 7:00 ET. Is this RED HOT HANDICAPPER laying the points with the favorite OR taking them with the dog? Find out!

Orlando Magic

5-0 RUN Continues

TOTAL ANNIHILATOR! $35.00
Postseason Guru Ben Burns cashed again yesterday and is now a PERFECT 5-0 his L5 NBA plays and a SIZZLING 7-1-1 (or 8-1) his L9. That includes a 3-0 mark with his L3 totals (2 unders & 1 over) with the three tickets cashing by an average of 12 pts each. Ben's annual playoff HOT STREAK continues with his latest TOTAL Annihilator!

San Antonio/New Orleans Under

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
MTI

4-Star Orlando +6 over DETROIT

The question here is whether the Magic will come to play. They certainly have a right to be discouraged, as they could be a lot better than down 3-1 in this series. We expect that the Magic will not throw in the towel and that the Pistons will see no urgency to win this one.
In their 90-89 loss at home, Dwight Howard scored only 8 points on 3-of-12 shooting in 44+ minutes. This is a poor shooting percentage for any player, but for Dwight Howard, it is terrible. In his pro career, the Magic has played only six games in which they were seeking revenge for a loss in which Dwight Howard shot less than 33% from the field. They are a perfect 6-0 ATS.
As a team, the Magic are fantastic when seeking revenge for a loss in front of their home fans, going a perfect 11-0 ATS when facing a team they lost to at home in their previous same-season match-up.
A further look at the player-based trends offer more compelling evidence that Orlando is the side on which to be. The Magic are an unbelievable 21-0 ATS off a loss in which Dwight Howard logged 40+ minutes, as long as they weren't laying 8+ in that loss. This exclusive player-based trend was active once already in this playoff series and that was the game the Magic won 111-86. In addition, the Magic are 10-0 ATS after losing the previous matchup at home in which Jameer Nelson was NOT the Magic's high scorer, 6-0 ATS after a loss in which Rashard Lewis had more turnovers than assists and 11-0 ATS with less than three days rest vs a rested opponent when they are off a loss in which Rashard Lewis played more than 40 minutes.
Many are crediting the Pistons with a great comeback to win game four in Orlando. However, the truth is that the Magic didn't have the playoff experience to drive in the stake when they had a big lead. They relaxed on both offense and defense and the Pistons took advantage, as a veteran team will. However, they were used hard and this will be to their detriment here. Detroit is 0-10 ATS at home after Tayshaun Prince played more than 40 minutes the last two and 0-6 ATS after winning the previous matchup in which Richard Hamilton scored at least 30 points.
Finally, we have a league-wide system that has been perfect since the start of the 2001 NBA season. It reads, "The league is 9-0 ATS as a dog with two or more days of rest off a loss as a favorite in which the game was tied at the end of the third quarter, covering by an average of 11.2 ppg. The Magic qualify here.
The Pistons will not cover this based on skill. They need the Magic to have a defeatist attitude, and we see no evidence of this. Grab the points and consider a moneyline play on Orlando.

MTi's FORECAST: Orlando 94 DETROIT 92

4-Star NEW ORLEANS -3 over San Antonio

This series seems destined to go seven games, which means that the Hornets should "hold serve" here. Unlike some handicappers that sell their plays like used car salesmen on late night TV, the PhD scientists at MTi Sports support their theories with actual data and logical, scientific reasoning.
In game four of this series, San Antonio won 100-80 with Tim Duncan leading the way with 22 points on 10-of-13 shooting. He added 15 rebounds and 4 blocked shots as well. It is relevant to note that the Spurs are 0-15 ATS on the road after winning the previous matchup in which Tony Parker was NOT the Spurs' high scorer. In addition, San Antonio is 0-5 ATS on the road after winning the previous matchup at home in which Tim Duncan shot better than 66% from the field, failing to cover by an average of 12.1 ppg.
Another compelling piece of evidence comes from the fact that the Spurs didn't score much from the free-throw line in game four. It turns out that San Antonio is 0-8 ATS over the past year as a road dog with at least one day of rest after a game in which they scored less than 15% of their points from the free throw line. San Antonio has lost these games by an average of 16.6 ppg and failed to cover by an average of 13.1 ppg. Two of the eight qualifying games come from the playoffs. In last season's post-season the Spurs lost to the Jazz 109-83 getting two in Utah in this situation and in this post-season they lost to these Hornets 102-84 in this spot.
The Hornets are simply the best team in the league when seeking revenge at home. Since the beginning of the recently concluded 2007-08 season, they are a perfect 10-0 ATS at home when facing a team they lost to in their previous same-season match-up, winning by an average of 17.6 ppg and covering by an average of 12.7 ppg. They won EVERY SINGLE GAME by double-digits.
In addition, New Orleans is 9-0 ATS (7.2 ppg) after a loss in which they were outshot by at least 10 percent, 7-0 ATS (8.7 ppg) after a loss in which they had more turnovers than assists.
Lay the small number.

MTi's FORECAST: NEW ORLEANS 94 San Antonio 85

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Elite Sports Circle

Guaranteed Selections
$49.00 Guaranteed: The Handicappers of the ELITE SPORTS CIRCLE were 76-34 in baseball last year proving once again FIVE SHARP MINDS WILL KICK THE BOOKS BUTT! Tonight you can get our 5000* BASEBALL ELITE WINNER for just $49 and you are GUARANTEED TO WIN or you will not be charged! We are currently 12-2 in Baseball this year! By the way we are now 69-32 for 68.3% since January 1, of this year! 5/13/2008

5000* BASEBALL ELITE WINNER
Chicago Cubs w/Marquis -162 8:05 EST

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
INDIAN COWBOY

Hornets -3 (POD)

I released this selection early because I figured the line would go up to -3.5 or -4 by game time. Keep in mind that the Hornets won the first 2 ballgames at home in this playoff series and as noted, here are the Hornets records whenever they have played the Spurs at home this year and this playoff season:

05/05/08 NO 102 - SA 84 (18 Point New Orleans Win)
05/03/08 NO 101 - SA 82 (19 Point New Orleans Win)
03/12/08 NO 100 - SA 75 (25 Point New Orleans Win)
11/09/07 NO 85 - SA 97 (12 Point San Antonio Win)
Do you see a pattern? The Hornets are 4-0 at home vs. the Spurs and they have won each of those games by double-digits. Now, the Spurs did their part and won at home by double-digits in both ballgames as well. I think it will be awfully tough for the Spurs to pull this game out on the road today as if the Spurs win this series, it will be in game 7 in New Orleans in my opinion. I expect the Hornets to make several changes and Byron Scott to ride his players awfully hard as Stan Van Gundy would have done to the Magic and I expect New Orleans to respond at home as there will truly be a great atmosphere in New Orleans today. The Spurs are 3-13 ATS as small underdogs as they are not performing well as small dogs this year and the Hornets are 8-0 ATS vs. a winning team at home as they have yet to fail to cover in the playoffs at home - after all, they beat the Mavs and covered all 3 games, they have covered both games against the Spurs to be 5-0 ATS at home and it continues today imo.

Pistons/Magic Over 185.5

I've written an arm and a leg for all the other plays, but long story short here I expect Van Gundy to ride his players awfully hard today and similar to game 2 in which the Magic should have won and the game went over, I expect the Magic to be an active dog today, show up big, let this total spill over while the Pistons continue to play catch up for most of the game but they will make their run and consequently decide this game in the 4th quarter. But, I expect an incredible amount of intensity from Orlando today as they will dictate the pace of this game and although the victor is uncertain at the close of this game, I do expect the total to go over b/c the Magic will show up. The Over is 4-1 when the Magic are dogs by this margin and the over is 10-2 in the last 12 ballgames in Detroit of late.

Rangers -103

You remember the Brawl between these 2 teams just recently? Guess who was on the mound, Gabbard. Richie S. unencessary charged the mound in my opinion as that ball really was not closed to hitting him besides being high on the strike zone. But, Sexson is having a frustrating season along with the rest of the Marniers thus he went a-wol on Gabbard and caused the fight and consequently sits at home for about 4 more games with a suspension. He was also dealing with personal problems during this time as well so he is simply frustrated overall imo. However, Gabbard has been great this season. He didn't get to finish the last game in which these 2 teams faced off b/c he got thrown out, but didn't yield a run in that game, he has pitched 4 of 5 quality starts, has a 1.85 ERA overall, came over from the Boston trade for Gagne and is pitching extremely well, Felix has given up 24 hits and 14 runs, in his last 17 and change innings of work as he is struggling and I expect the Ranger bats to do well as Felix had a lot to say to the Rangers players mouthing off last time around as the fight was coming to a close. Just You-tube, Richie Sexson Brawl and you will see near the end of the brawl Hernandez is mouthing off, that might come back to bite him today. Rangers are 6-1 vs. a Righty of late and the Mariners have lost their last 6 road games.

Indians -114

Simple reasoning here behind the Indians, I like the A's as a young and scrappy team but Cleveland has several positive things going for them today. First of all, this is the second time they see Dusch, they lost to him earlier this year and that usually means the opposing team has an edge in getting revenge for their previous loss. For example, you saw what happened with Padilla and Bedard when they faced both opposing teams for the second time as the first time 2 runs total were scored in that ballgame, hitters adjusted and 25 runs were scored in yesterday's ballgame between both teams. Just goes to show, that hitters and pitchers adjust if they get spanked before. Byrd comes off a rough start in his last start, he is at home and I expect him to bounce-back as he has yet to have back to back non-quality starts outside of his first start this year. I look for the Indians to play well today behind Byrd on the bounce-back from the Yankees loss he had his last time out, I expect the Indians to hit Dutsch better and pick up the win today. Indians are 8-1 when Byrd starts as a favorite by this margin.

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Paul Leiner

750* NBA Over 186.5 NO/SA

20* NBA Magic +6.5

free play 10* MLB Yankees -135

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Bob Akmens

4* BOSTON-163 (Beckett vs Guthrie)

4* KANSAS CITY-122 (Greinke vs Robertson)

4* White Sox/Angels u9

3* Penguins / Flyers OVER 5.5 (-125)

3* Hornets -4

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
ER Sports

Tuesday Daily Card: $49
Tuesday's Daily Card from Erin Rynning includes his MLB Playmaker Report, and one additional MLB O/U play, for just $49. Guaranteed to produce profits and go 2-0 or tomorrow's Daily Card from Erin Rynning is yours at no additional cost.

Kansas City -120

LA Angels Under 8.5

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Vic Monte

TUESDAY 500* SYNDICATE PLAY
(2008 MLB -- 20-21-1)
$35.00

Boston Red Sox

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

miss-reb

Forum Member
Mar 28, 2007
Larry Ness' 15* NL Game of the Week (22-9 with GOW plays since Apr 7)
My 15* play is on the Arz D'backs at 9:40 ET. The D'backs were 20-8 at the end of April but have run into some trouble in May, going just 3-7 after getting swept in Wrigley Field over the weekend. However, the D'backs have made excellent strides this year. especially offensively. Arizona hit an NL-low last season (.250) while averaging just 4.40 RPG but in '08 has upped its team BA to .265 and even more importantly, is scoring 5.47 RPG. The Rockies, who swept the D'backs in the NLCS last year, have gone in the opposite direction this year. Colorado led the NL with a.280 team BA in '07, while averaging 5.28 RPG. In 2008, Colorado's team BA is down to .255 and the Rockies are averaging only 4.32 RPG. While Arizona hasn't played "up to snuff" in May, the Rockies enter having lost 15 of their last 21 and are just 15-23 on the season, including an 8-13 road mark, where they are averaging just 3.67 RPG. Meanwhile, the D'backs are 14-7 at home, averaging 6.24 RPG. These teams have already met six times this season, with Arizona taking the first five, before Colorado won 13-5 here at Chase Field on April 13. The starting pitchers are Jeff Francis and Randy Johnson. Francis was Colorado's ace last year, going 17-9 with a 4.22 ERA in the regular season and he finished as MLB's second-biggest "money-maker" among starters, as the Rockies went 22-12 (plus-$1,094) in his 34 regular season starts. He has NOT been able to even come CLOSE to that kind of performance this year. Francis enters this game without a win in seven starts (team is 2-5), going 0-3 with a 5.27 ERA. That includes two very poor outings against Arizona, allowing 12 hits and five ERs in 6.1 innings of a 7-2 loss at Coors on 4/5 plus lasting just five innings while allowing seven hits and seven ERs in an 8-2 loss here in Arizona on 4/11. Francis has always been better at home than on the road, as the Rockies have gone 32-16 in his home starts the last three seasons, while going just 27-27 in his road starts during that same time (Colorado is 1-3 in his home starts TY and 1-2 in his away starts). Randy Johnson was supposed to start Sunday but manager Bob Melvin decided not to send out his vet (who has had back problems) in the rain and wet conditions in Chicago. That means Johnson is well-rested, having not pitched since May 6. I wanted to play Johnson on Sunday, as he was 12-0 with a 1.98 ERA in 13 career starts (teams were 13-0!) against the Cubs. He also had a 0.78 ERA over his last five starts against them, and was 4-0 with a 1.00 ERA in five starts at Wrigley. Now his career mark against the Rockies isn't quite that good but he is 15-7 with 2.27 ERA vs them in 24 starts. Better yet, he is 8-2 with a 1.11 ERA in 11 career starts against them there at Chase Field. NL Game of the Week 15* Arz D'backs.

Good Luck...Larry