Forum Member
Drew Gordon

Drew Gordon

Drew Gordon

Today's Games...

1. 200,000♦ Miami-Florida
2. 50,000♦ Cavaliers
3. 50,000♦ Wisconsin

1. Miami-Florida- Several reasons to like the Hurricanes in this spot, but let's start with their overall play, which has been excellent thus far this season, going 14-1 SU and 8-0 ATS... You can't argue with those numbers. They're doing it with a more "team-first" attitude this season, as coach Haith has his kids, including the one time ball-hog turned team-leader Jack McClinton, buying into his system.
Besides their overall play, the 'Canes have the all-important "double-revenge" angle going for them in this one. The Eagles beat a much different Miami team twice last season, and don't think for second that they've forgotten about it. Now its payback time, as the Eagles are vulnerable, as witnessed by their 57-51 home loss to Robert Morris a week ago Monday. Sure, they destroyed Wake Forest in their last home game, but that was to be expected coming off the ugly upset loss to Robert Morris... Don't expect the same kind of energy this time around.
No question Miami's bread is buttered by its defense, which allows 60 ppg on a lockdown 38% shooting this season. Anchored by bruiser Anthony King down-low, this 'Canes defense is athletic enough to limit a solid Eagles' frontcourt. While in the backcourt, McClinton and Dews make up a blanced duo, that at the very least can contain Tyrese Rice. Rice dominated his match up against Wake Forest, but don't expect him to shoot 9 for 15 and score 32 points against this Miami defense.
Finally, as mentioned above the 'Canes have been nothing but a money-machine this season, going 8-0 ATS! They proved in their outright upset at Mississippi State that they can win on the road. However, because the Eagles crushed Wake Forest a couple days ago, there's the misperception that these two teams are about equal, but that's simply not the case. Miami is a much better team, with a much better defense, playing for payback against a Boston College team that just lost to Robert Morris at home last week!
Take Miami-Florida plus the points over Boston College as your top-rated play of the day.

2. Cavaliers- Two teams going in separate directions, as the Cavs have won 7 of their last 9 games, while the Grizzlies are tailspinning, losers of 10 of their last 12 games overall. More of the same tonight, as the Griz have no answer for Lebron in this one.
Problem with Memphis starts and ends with defense, as they're allowing a mind-boggling 108 ppg on 48% shooting over their last 5 games! Its not like Cleveland is a strong offensive team, but when Memphis gives ZERO effort on the defensive end, even the Cavs look good. Don't believe me? Pop in the tape of their last meeting in Memphis, when the Cavs won 118-96 as 2'-point favorites!
Unlike the Grizzlies, Cleveland actually cares about defense, surrendering just 91 ppg over their last 5 games. That's a problem for the Memphis backcourt, which features an inexperienced PG in Conley Jr. and a turnover-machine in Mike Miller (leads team with 105 turnovers). Hughes, Gibson, and of course Lebron are all solid defenders and quick with their hands, making for a tough match up tonight.
Finally, let's look at the numbers as the favorite in this series is 8-3 ATS over their last 11 meetings. While this is their first meeting this season, its clear Memphis is one of the worst teams in the NBA and playing like it. Expect the Cavs, and especially Lebron, to take advantage of a paper mache Grizzlies defense in a solid road win and cover tonight.
Take the Cavaliers over the Grizzlies in this NBA match up.

3. Wisconsin- Oddsmakers are clearly underestimating the Badgers in this spot, as despite being on the road, its hard to ignore the edge in overall talent Wisconsin has in this match up, especially in the frontcourt.
Its important to note that the Lions leading rebounder is G Geary Claxton, which should immediately tell you something about Penn State's frontline. He also happens to lead them in blocked shots (12), so don't expect much resistance from the Lions bigmen either. Both Butch and Landry should have a field day in this match up, as Wisconsin is at its most dangerous when they can work inside/out, opening up the defense for G Trevon Hughes.
While defensively Penn State has some convincing stats at home, clearly the better defense lies with Wisconsin, which is allowing opponents just 54 ppg on 38% shooting, against better competition no less. While you expect Claxton to score, the rest of the Lions backcourt isn't nearly as talented and will struggle against the superior perimter defense of the Badgers.
Bottom line, while Penn State is coming off its first home loss of the season, don't put too much stock in a bounce back effort against this Wisconsin team tonight. This is clearly their toughest home contest to date, and with the match up issues mentioned above, look for the Lions to get handed their second home loss of the season in this one. Butch and Landry open up it up for Hughes, while the Wisky defense takes care of the rest!
Take Wisconsin comfortably over Penn State in this Big Ten match up.

to1

Forum Member
Sep 10, 2007
ace-ace / allan eastman

20-21 ncaa
mich st -7'
wisc -5

29-35
den +1'
wash -2'
g st -7'

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

to1

Forum Member
Sep 10, 2007
Frank Rosenthal

Nba
501 Bulls+7 Sb+
504 Hawks-2 Sb
505 Raptors+9 Sb+
516 Clippers+8.5 Sb

College Hoops
520 Michigan St-7.5 Sb
Under 136 Sb
523 Cincy+12.5 Sb
528 Baylor-5.5 Sb
533 Miami Fl+2.5 Sb+
537 Wf+7.5 Sb+
545 Byu+2 Sb

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Atslocks.com(not ats lock club)

These guys have been on fire.

10 unit under 192 Was/NYK
8 unit under 207.5 Den/Atl
5 unit under 183 Hou/Philly
5 unit Missouri State -8.5 vs Indiana State

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Dr Bob

Tuesday Free Best Bet
**CLEMSON (-11 ?) over NC State

NC State is 3-9 ATS this season and the Wolfpack are still overrated. In fact, NC State has gotten even worse with starting pointguard Farnold Degand out for the season (he?s missed the last 5 games) and Clemson is better now than their season rating with James Mays healthy again (he missed 5 games). My ratings favor Clemson by 16 ? points and the Tigers apply to a solid 195-91-7 ATS situation tonight. Only a look ahead to the Duke game this weekend would keep the Tigers from winning big in this game and that possibility will keep me from making this a 3-Star Best Bet. I?ll take Clemson in a 2-Star Best Bet at -12 points or less.

Tuesday Free Opinions/Possible Best Bets
Golden State (-7 ?) over MINNESOTA

Minnesota is just 2-11 ATS as a home dog of 10 points or less this season and the Timberwolves have lost 12 of their 17 home games by 8 points or more. Golden State, meanwhile, is 5-2 ATS as a road favorite of 2 points or more and they?re 4-0 ATS visiting one of the bottom teams in the league ? beating Minnesota by 13 points, Seattle by 13 points, New York by 26 points, and Memphis by 8 points. My ratings favor the Warriors by 9 ? points in this game and I?ll lean with Golden State at -8 or less.

Cincinnati (+12) over NOTRE DAME

Cincinnati started the season 0-5 ATS, but the Bearcats are 7-1-1 ATS with pointguard Jamuel Warren in the starting lineup (Warren missed the first part of the season). Notre Dame is coming off a blowout loss at Marquette, but the Irish are only 8-28-2 ATS under coach Mike Brey as a favorite of 4 points or more after a loss, including 0-2 ATS this season. My ratings favor Notre Dame by just 11 points and I?ll lean with Cincinnati at +12 points or more.

BAYLOR (-6 ?) over Oklahoma State

Oklahoma State is 0-10 straight up and 1-9 ATS as a visiting team under coach Sean Sutton while Baylor is 51-33-3 ATS in all games under coach Scott Drew, including 21-10-2 ATS in conference home games (4-1 ATS as a favorite). Baylor is still not getting the respect that they deserve, as my ratings favor Baylor by 8 points using a standard home court advantage. I?d get Baylor by 9 ? points after adjusting for Oklahoma?s poor history on the road, which actually goes back to the days when Sutton?s father was coaching the team before he took over last year. I?ll consider Baylor an opinion at -6 ? or -7 points and I?d take Baylor in a 2-Star Best Bet at -6 points or less. Free Best Bet and 3 opinions available after 3 pm Pacific

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Marco D'Angleo

CBB Sides
double-dime bet Michigan St. -7.5 (-110) vs Ohio St.

Analysis: You can expect a HUGE effort from Michigan St. tonight after their embarrassing performance on Saturday scoring just 36 points. Vegas has given us great line value here as Michigan St should be a 10 point favorite but the line has been over adjusted. I expect Michigan St. to win by 12-15 Points. TAKE MICHIGAN ST. as MARCO'S 5* COLLEGE KEY RELEASE and make them a DOUBLE DIME PLAY

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
GOLD SHEET

NBA

*****KEY RELEASES *****

CHICAGO by 6 over Orlando
GOLDEN STATE by 17 over Minnesota

sammy85

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 25, 2007
Boston
Burns

pers fave---------michigan st
East conf GOM----Knicks
Blue Chip----------Under Raptors/Pistons
NHL Ult. Report----Lightning, Ducks, Blue Jackets

13-3 run, 6-1 top plays of the day

Michael Cannon

Tuesday's Plays...

20 Dime ?

CAVALIERS

Take the Cavs tonight as the small road chalk over the Grizzlies.

LeBron James is finally getting some help and the Cavaliers are playing better team defense. Larry Hughes is getting better every game which has led to Cleveland holding eight of its last nine opponents under 95 points.

Memphis on the other hand, well let?s just say their happy if they hold a team under 95 points for the first three quarters. They rank near the bottom of the league in points allowed per game and field goal percentage.

The Grizzlies don?t have a defensive stopper who can keep James in check.

The favorite is 8-3 ATS in the last 11 meetings between these two and Memphis is just 2-8 ATS in its last 10 home games.

Take the Cavs as the small road chalk as they grab the win and cover.

5 Dime ?

NC STATE

Take the points with NC State tonight when they visit Clemson in an ACC clash.

I?ll admit Clemson is the more talented team, but I think the Wolfpack will come out fighting mad after the drubbing they took at the hands of North Carolina on Saturday.

Clemson also has a history of fading once conference play starts and I?m not comfortable laying this kind of number with a team that lost by 10 at home to Charlotte last Wednesday as a 15 ?-point chalk.

NC State has enough with J.J. Hickson and Courtney Fells to stay within this number on the road.

The Wolfpack are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 road games and 6-2 ATS in the last eight meetings with Clemson.

Take the points as NC State keeps this one close.

MIAMI (Fla)

Take Miami as the small road dog tonight against Boston College.

Miami has been one of the bigger surprises this year in college basketball and I expect them to continue their run tonight at Boston College.

Boston College may have gotten back on track with Saturday?s rout of Wake Forest, but this is still the same team that lost back-to-back home games, to undefeated Kansas and Division II Robert Morris. They had been 0-3 ATS before Saturday?s win.

The Hurricanes are on impressive ATS runs of 14-3-1 overall, 7-0 on the road and 4-1 in the ACC.

Take the Hurricanes as the small road chalk as they get it done tonight over Boston College.

P Leiner
25* NBA Over 182 Det/Tor (this line will be moving)

10* CBB Boston College -2

5* CBB Over 123 Col/Neb

BURNS TOP PLAY OF THE DAY IS ?????????

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ROQQIN RIQ

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 28, 2007
FIRST OFF....WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THE CELTICS??????? ANYWAY....ONTO TONITES ROQQIN REVERSE.....PHX SUNS - 8 AND GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 8 GL AND IN CBB TAKE THE RED HOTT CINCINATTI BEARCATS + 12 :clap: :Yep:

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Bob Balfe

NBA
Wizard -3 over Knicks

College
Michigan State -8 over Ohio State