Ult. Fight Night 15: Live on Spike 9/17

rawli007

lives
Forum Member
Jan 28, 2008
Alabama
Main event:

155 lbs.: Nate Diaz (9-2) vs. Josh Neer (24-6-1)

Main card (Televised):

155 lbs.: Clay Guida (23-9) vs. Mac Danzig (18-4-1)
185 lbs.: Ed Herman (14-6) vs. Alan Belcher (12-5)
205 lbs.: Houston Alexander (8-3) vs. Eric Schafer (9-3-2)

Under card (May not be broadcast):

185 lbs.: Alessio Sakara (12-7) vs. Joe Vedepo (7-1
185 lbs.: Ryan Jensen (13-4) vs. Wilson Gouveia (10-5)
155 lbs.: Joe Lauzon (16-4) vs. Kyle Bradley (13-5)
205 lbs.: Brad Morris (9-3) vs. Jason Brilz (15-1-1)
185 lbs.: Drew McFedries (7-3) vs. Mike Massenzio (10-2)
185 lbs.: Rob Kimmons (21-3) vs. Dan Miller (8-1)

Dont know why Danzig vs. Guida isn't the main event.......? Boo-hiss.

Anybody seen odds on these fights other than Diaz/Neer? I like Herman and Schafer, and expect odds to be decent on both. :SIB

Last edited:

rawli007

lives
Forum Member
Jan 28, 2008
Alabama
I had Josh Neer confused w/ Nate Mohr. :142smilie

I dont know that i've ever seen Josh Neer fight. I only know that NICK Diaz holds a win over him (Neer). NATE i cant stand, but he always finds a way to win. I respect that.

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
also..........hope they do a quick tribute to Tanner, that would be the right thing to do. I know they are on live tv and have a limited time, but I think Tanner deserves a little tribute.

BUCSnotYUCKS

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 6, 2007
Ohio but not a Buckeye
I had Josh Neer confused w/ Nate Mohr. :142smilie

I dont know that i've ever seen Josh Neer fight. I only know that NICK Diaz holds a win over him (Neer). NATE i cant stand, but he always finds a way to win. I respect that.

Neer has had his ups and downs. When he fought in the UFC, he had some good fights. The fight I most remember him by is him getting KTFO by Mark Miller in the IFL.

Neer is more of a striker type. He's had his fair share of wins on the ground, but believe me, he's not going to want this fight on the ground.

This fight is very interesting to me. It's going to be a matter of who can impose their will. The reason why it's the main event is because IMO, it has the potential to be a damn good fight.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
isn`t neer naturally alot bigger than diaz?....

the guy`s 24-6 with wins over joe stevenson,guilliard,din thomas,kyle jensen....

this is far from a walkover...i honestly think nate "needs" a submission here cause it looks like he may be on his back quite a bit....

neer has 20 stoppages in 24 wins(10 ko`s and 10 subs).....4 of his 6 losses were at 170....

this is not a gimme,imo...

Last edited:

BUCSnotYUCKS

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 6, 2007
Ohio but not a Buckeye
Neer is bigger, yes. However, alot of his victories are against some cans. I think it's a tough fight for Diaz, but ultimately he should be favored, and I think he'll win.

rawli007

lives
Forum Member
Jan 28, 2008
Alabama
quick kickserv comment:

Houston Alexander = must win

comment ended.

kick, would u believe the UFC just signed him to a five-fight extension??????!!!!!!!!! True story. :scared :shrug:

I guess just cuz he's got so many fans in the Northwest....??

BUCSnotYUCKS

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 6, 2007
Ohio but not a Buckeye
It's because he will sell tickets, somewhat. Guys who bring it everytime they fight, whether it's win or lose will get people to tune in.

Houston Alexander is a PERFECT co-main event for TUF/Fight Night cards.

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
updated fight card...........

Fight Card
-----------------------------------------

-Josh Neer vs. Nate Diaz
-Mac Danzig vs. Clay Guida
-Ed Herman vs. Alan Belcher
-Houston Alexander vs. Eric Schafer
-Wilson Gouveia vs. Ryan Jensen
-Joe Lauzon vs. Kyle Bradley
-Dan Miller vs. Rob Kimmons
-Drew McFedries vs. Mike Massenzio
-Jason Brilz vs. Brad Morris
-Alessio Sakara vs. Joe Vedepo

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
more quick thoughts from kickserv..........

Neer = live dog

Danzig/Guida..........wow:scared

Drew McFedries may cause first death in UFC

and love to see that prick Herman lose...kickserv don't like that guy.

MayorgaFan

Forum Member
Dec 12, 2003

I took Diaz a while back, outright and he's the blast leg of 1 of my parlays. they keep matching him with guys he can beat. Neer will make a mistake at some point and get subbed.

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
If Neer doesn't make a big mistake he'll win. I think Diaz will be exposed in this fight.......Neer big live dog in my opinion....price might be too good for kickserv to pass up. But then again if Diaz wins a madjacker wins a parlay and that's always good:)

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
I took Diaz a while back, outright and he's the blast leg of 1 of my parlays. they keep matching him with guys he can beat. Neer will make a mistake at some point and get subbed.

i hope you`re right...i have him as the last leg of 2 parlays and i`m dangerously close to cutting and running....

MayorgaFan

Forum Member
Dec 12, 2003
If Neer doesn't make a big mistake he'll win. I think Diaz will be exposed in this fight.......Neer big live dog in my opinion....price might be too good for kickserv to pass up. But then again if Diaz wins a madjacker wins a parlay and that's always good:)

I have done pretty well on Diaz's first couple fights in the UFC. I won huge on his fight against crappy Robinson. I didn't win as much when he fought Pellugrino because I actually respect Pellugrino as a fighter. As for Neer-Diaz, I don't see many advantages for Neer. I think Diaz is all around better. Neer has better takedowns but is it really smart of him to take Diaz down? :shrug: I don't think it is.

MayorgaFan

Forum Member
Dec 12, 2003
i hope you`re right...i have him as the last leg of 2 parlays and i`m dangerously close to cutting and running....

If you are that nervous about it you could hedge I guess. What price did you get him at? You wouldn't lose to much on a hedge if you got him early enough. I think he wins so I won't bother. Well plus I have a straight bet on him that is decent sized.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
If you are that nervous about it you could hedge I guess. What price did you get him at? You wouldn't lose to much on a hedge if you got him early enough. I think he wins so I won't bother. Well plus I have a straight bet on him that is decent sized.

i had him with anderson silva and vic darchinyan getting almost 2-1....and with brandon vera and matt lindland laying 3 to get almost 4.....

i`ve been considering a hedge but i`m a greedy s.o.b......ii feel like one of those monkeys they catch with an orange....they put the orange in a box with a hole big enough for the monkey to get his hand in...but not big enough for him to get his hand out unless he releases the orange.....

i`m having trouble letting go of that damned orange...5 f-cking bets down and one to go......:lol:

MayorgaFan

Forum Member
Dec 12, 2003

:toast: Funny analogy In the end it all depends what you think of his chances and if it will bother you if he losses. I am not the best person to give advice on that because I rarely parlay. It doesn't really go with my gambling style but I made 1 for "fun".

Bet on MyBookie